Hitzer Ash Pan

no74falcon
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: 2) Leisure Line Pioneers, 1) Keystoker
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: 1) Hitzer 82FA, 1) Newmac WG100

Post by no74falcon » Wed. Jan. 06, 2010 5:55 pm

My 2cents... Just put in my first hand stoked and it's a Hitzer 82FA. I looked at that ash pan and thought it was the dumbest idea... Then I used it. So I went down to my shop where I have an old Newmac wood/coal furnace I've neen using for about 10 years but only ever burned wood in. Took out the ash pan and cut the back end of it off. I felt pretty damn dumb I hadn't thought of something so simple that worked a WHOLE lot better. Now mind you, I take my pan right out and through the house and out to my driveway to dump it. I'm on a dirt road too that dead ends at my farm, but that's just me bragging as I appreciate it every day!

Perky
Location: NEPA - Poconos "the higher elevations" where we have are own weather!

Post by Perky » Wed. Jan. 06, 2010 6:25 pm

Fran....I have the 3 sided ash pan....it's not an issue...
in fact it's easy to epmty especially if emptying into an ash can....just tilt and off it goes....
For you it's really not a problem.....just carry it with 2 hands...one to carry the other to stablize.....
Burnout - No problem for me at all....I didn't get the Hitzer - decided on the Kodiak :P
This is an old post that seems to have been revitalized.
Ash disposal is no problem either; I live on a dirt road :lol:
But thanks for the info. Fran

Maxie105

Post by Maxie105 » Wed. Jan. 06, 2010 8:50 pm

I think it is one of the worse designs ever. It is cheaply made they could have used a heavier gauge metal and designed the ash box with directing fins to divert the ash into the pan. I will correct this in the summer when I shut down. Hitzer really blew it with this idea.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”