Value of a Like New Surdiac

chet

Post by chet » Thu. Nov. 23, 2006 11:01 am

I have a like new Surdiac coal stove hopper fed, It is probably 15 yrs old, used it approx 1 maybe 2 seasons. might be looking to sell it, what can I advertise it for.

Chet

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Thu. Nov. 23, 2006 9:29 pm

Hi Chet welcome to the forum.

I'd watch Ebay.com for what similar stoves are going for. There are two Surdiac stoves on ebay right now. There have been quite a few for sale over the last few months, but I haven't followed them so I don't know what they went for.

Or you could just list yours with a best offer price. Or put on Ebay and take what you can get. It's a bit of a gamble.

Greg L

milstencil
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93

Post by milstencil » Fri. Nov. 24, 2006 12:38 pm

Which model :?:
I have used a Baronette for 24 years, paid $800 new.
Surdiac made a GREAT stove.
What kind of shape is the heat exchanger in after sitting for so long?
Rick

coochy77

Post by coochy77 » Sat. Nov. 25, 2006 10:40 am

I too have been using my surdiac 713 Gothica for the last 23 years. Great stove. puts out a lot of BTU's no fans, no motors, just simple common sense. Unfortunately thses used stoves are'nt worth so much because of the age and condition issues. Also since they are so heavy, its hard to transport. Maybe it pays to try to fix up the stove and use it, Parts are available on Woodmansparts.com They carry all the parts you need. Its a shame that such a great product is'nt more popular.

chet

Post by chet » Sat. Nov. 25, 2006 11:38 am

coochy77 wrote:I too have been using my surdiac 713 Gothica for the last 23 years. Great stove. puts out a lot of BTU's no fans, no motors, just simple common sense. Unfortunately thses used stoves are'nt worth so much because of the age and condition issues. Also since they are so heavy, its hard to transport. Maybe it pays to try to fix up the stove and use it, Parts are available on Woodmansparts.com They carry all the parts you need. Its a shame that such a great product is'nt more popular.
My Surdiac does not need any parts, It works great, but my wife dosen't like to keep it running due to the grate system way of shaking the stove, It is ok for me. but looking for something easier for the wife.

Chet

milstencil
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93

Post by milstencil » Sat. Nov. 25, 2006 4:15 pm

Chet,
Again, which model :?:
I only asked about the heat exchanger because they seem to suffer from "terminal" rust perforation if they sit and have not been cleaned out thoroughly.
How many years ago did you use it, did you use it last year or the first year you got it?
Get the idea I'm interested?
Sell it here on the board first.
Rick

chet

Post by chet » Sat. Nov. 25, 2006 5:00 pm

milstencil wrote:Chet,
Again, which model :?:
I only asked about the heat exchanger because they seem to suffer from "terminal" rust perforation if they sit and have not been cleaned out thoroughly.
How many years ago did you use it, did you use it last year or the first year you got it?
Get the idea I'm interested?
Sell it here on the board first.
Rick
Rick

I guess I can remove the port hole side plates and look in there, as for the ,odel. I am looking for the manual, so far no luck. the model on the tab at the rear of the stove says model MCK 690, If I recall it is rated at 60,000 BTU I can take some pics of itin the next few days.

Chet

woodsman1601

Post by woodsman1601 » Wed. Jan. 28, 2009 2:15 am

I just bought a surdiac 715 off of craigslist last night. It looks like brand new the grates even look like new and I don't think there's a scratch on it. I'm going to hook it up tomorrow and see how it rates to my chubby. I'm hoping it will be easier for my wife to take care of when I'm out. The woman where I got it said she used to run it no problem.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”