Which Should I Get?? Which Is Best to Operate?

NosmoKng

Post by NosmoKng » Sun. May. 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Ok, wife and I have given up the idea that we can get a small hopper fed stove with a cook surface.

We have to have the cooking option because of the long ice storm power outages around here.

Now, the Harman Mark I seems like an excellent choice. Seems like it operates to perfection and has a large flat surface to cook on.

The TLC 2000 also seems like a god choice, but have found some complaints on it.

My last find is the Keystoker HF/70. It has a cooktop option.

Sorry Chubby is out, not enough cooktop.

In your experience, which of these is the best? Which has the best designed firebox and shakedown system? I'm also very partial to an outside cold airfeed. Do you know of any other smaller stoves that fit the bill? :D

Thanks in advance for helping on this very important decision.

wsherrick
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Post by wsherrick » Sun. May. 17, 2009 10:40 pm

How big is your kitchen? If you have a large enough area you can get a nice range which will heat and cook anything from breakfast to a full Thanksgiving dinner. This is an option that isn't considered much these days but is quite viable if you can do it.

DOUG

Post by DOUG » Sun. May. 17, 2009 11:23 pm

Hey NosmoKng, You haven't seen the Chubby Brickstone model. That may have enough cook top for you. Give Larry a call and see what one of these are going for.
**Broken Link(s) Removed** :idea: :)

NosmoKng

Post by NosmoKng » Mon. May. 18, 2009 6:47 am

wsherrick wrote:How big is your kitchen? If you have a large enough area you can get a nice range which will heat and cook anything from breakfast to a full Thanksgiving dinner. This is an option that isn't considered much these days but is quite viable if you can do it.
We don't have much space and it has to look good. Fit with the furniture and all. ;)

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”