All Nighter Pudgy Glo

brian6891

Post by brian6891 » Fri. May. 15, 2009 4:00 pm

i need information on this stove. I purchased off e-bay for $150 and it's perfect. I have never burned coal before, but after reading all these posts i'm kind of excited to give it a try. but more curious for the set up. I see post for man and bar dampners, manometers and thermostats. this will be a secondary heat sorce to start. is there a drawing of a basic set up and where would I find all this stuff. any help would be great ecspecially a manuel if someone knows where to find one.thanks

grizzly2
Other Heating: Oil foilfurnace, Jotul#3 woodstove,electric base board.

Post by grizzly2 » Tue. May. 26, 2009 5:14 am

To get lots of information on the set up for your stove you need to do a topic search on this forum for the items you are asking about. All of your questions have been discussed here in detail many times. Many of us are not as active here in the summer as in the winter, therefore you should take a look at all the info. that is already here.

I understand what you would like in the way of a diagram to show you how and what to set up, but each installation is unique and needs to be taylored to your situation. Also by reading past discussions of installation and controls topics, you will gain the important understanding of why you use the various controls such as dampers, not just where to put the damper. A fuller understanding will be of great value in customizing your installation to work best in your home with your coal stove.

The time it takes to learn about coal burning is well worth the comfort, economy and ease of operation that come with heating with coal. Email me if you have specific questions that you can't find or get answers to on this forum. Good luck. :)

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”