Tennesee Stove Works Stove

Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
tstove
Stove/Furnace Make: russo,gibralter
Stove/Furnace Model: c-55,cfi

Post Tue. Nov. 07, 2006 9:21 pm

Has anybody ever used one of these.Found name tag on bottom of back panel,Tennesee stove works #320. previous homeowner left stove here when he moved.Heated my house with wood for many years,want to try coal.I tried 2 fires now,stove is not air tight enough to burn coal,filled stove to a depth of about 6 to 8 inches,burned for about 5 hours. had stack damper closed all the way and the air inlet at bottom of ash pan closed shut and couldnt keep stove from burning at 600 to 700.Stove looks to me like it was built in the 1950's.Can I get parts for this stove?I'm going to put some gaskets around the doors,I'm sure that will slow down the burn rate considerably and check for other leaks also.Need to find a handle to shake the grates.Any help would be great!

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post Wed. Nov. 08, 2006 6:05 pm

Hello TS, welcome to the forum.

Any chance you can post a photo here of the stove. It may help someone recognize the unit and be able to help

Greg L
Burning Pea/Buckwheat through an antique stoker [semi retired SSboiler],
Running an Axeman-Anderson 260M boiler burning Pea, About 150-250#per day
Farming, Fixing, Fabricating and Flying: 'spare time' what's that?

Visit Hitzer Stoves

tstove
Stove/Furnace Make: russo,gibralter
Stove/Furnace Model: c-55,cfi

Post Wed. Nov. 08, 2006 7:39 pm

Thanks for the reply,here are some pics.
Attachments
DSCF0047.JPG
DSCF0048.JPG
DSCF0050.JPG

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”