It's Been a Learning Experience

devon570

Post by devon570 » Sun. Apr. 26, 2009 10:23 pm

This was my third season burning coal and I have learned so much since I found this forum . My first two season was bad but after all the reading and a couple of question here and there I have come a long way so I must say ,THANK YOU ALL,.Hopefully next winter will be a new stove with new challenges.

oliver power
Stoker Coal Boiler: KEYSTOKER Kaa-2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & 30-95, Vigilant (pre-2310), D.S. 1600 Circulator, Hitzer 254

Post by oliver power » Mon. Apr. 27, 2009 8:04 pm

devon570 wrote:This was my third season burning coal and I have learned so much since I found this forum . My first two season was bad but after all the reading and a couple of question here and there I have come a long way so I must say ,THANK YOU ALL,.Hopefully next winter will be a new stove with new challenges.
devon570 , I have my HITZER's down to a science. Once I get the keystoker K-2 boiler installed, I too will be starting all over again.

devon570

Post by devon570 » Mon. Apr. 27, 2009 9:30 pm

Hopefully I wiil get a pocono for next season .Which I could burn coal all year long I love coal ;) : saves me money

captcaper

Post by captcaper » Tue. Apr. 28, 2009 9:21 am

devon570 wrote:Hopefully I wiil get a pocono for next season .Which I could burn coal all year long I love coal ;) : saves me money
Even with Oil down to $2 a gallon? But I see your in PA so you get the coal cheaper I bet. I pay $325 per ton.

Mountainman37

Post by Mountainman37 » Sun. May. 03, 2009 7:20 am

It has been that! A learning experience....and I believe someone has said that with coal, you keep right on learning! Season after season....things keep coming up that add to one's experience with burning coal!

I want to join in thanking this great group with a huge amount of experience that they are all so willing to share, to help out newbies like myself.....I am so glad I got into coal but it would not have been possible without the wisdom passed on by members of this Forum!

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”