Turn a Hopper Fed Stove to Highest Efficiency ALWAYS

madeinchina

Post by madeinchina » Tue. Mar. 24, 2009 6:13 am

I will not simply copy an American stove.
I am sure most American manufacturers outsource parts from China. Or even whole stove is OEM made in China.
If I simply copied a stove, I would not have price competitive over other American brands.
I am doing further step. I upgrade present stove.
I will either sell kits for upgrade and you do it by yourself, or I sell a smarter stove directly.
As China Yuan is getting strong and strong, I will focus on China demostic market.
For long time exchange rate between China Yuan and US dollar was 1.00 US$ dollar to 8.3 Yuan. In Black market the rate was 1.00 US$ dollar to 10.00 Yuan. But now exchange rate is 1.00 US$ dollar to 6.3 Yuan, and there is not any black market.

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Tue. Mar. 24, 2009 5:04 pm

madeinchina wrote:
Uglysquirrel wrote:This post sounds like a Chinese manufacturer that wants to get data so they can make a coal stove to sell worldwide. No mo data from this Americanski.
Thanks for your understanding.
I am clear now.
I searched a few patents, I studied a few commercial stoves
I know where the problems are
and I am sure I can upgrade hopper fed stove to more clever, more efficient, less polution of soot/co.
Before next heating season, I will offer 5 sets of upgrading kits to American stove users.
First come first win.
If you sanction China manufacturers, you common American people will spend more during such economic crisis.
If you hate chinese and refuse upgrade your stove, you pollute AMERICAN sky first.
You must be a manufacturer.
If you have time and energy, why do not you upgrade your stove better than made in China.
I dislike some political system and I prefer capitalism too.
But I can not change it, I have to adapt it.
Indeed regardless how loud you shout, you American accept that political system for decades too.
Simply hatred of a common chinese people looks like Germany in world war II.
I love capitalism, I love American, I will do my best to the benifit of American people at cost of hatred by a manufacturer or a competitor.
Good points. I am old enough to have been brought up on the books of Pearl Buck, and remember the charming Madam Chiang during WW2, so still retain a warm feeling toward China and its people.

A Chinese and a Westerner can look at the same reality and see two different aspects of that same reality, often to the benefit of both.

I suspect that there is a reservoir of good feeling toward China in this country second only to that toward Britain.

Naturally there is resentment in this country as we see our manufacturing base disappear, but most Americans would not care to put up with the dirt, noise, and drudgery of factory work. America had its turn in the last century when it revolutionized manufacturing through innovation. I am sure there was a lot of cussing in Europe as we destroyed large parts of their industry. Today it seems what we do best is shuffle paper and manipulate money. Does not seem to be working too well.

Anyone is free to design a better stove. Certainly there is room for improvement with most coal stoves, since today's hand fired stoves are no better than those made many years ago, if as good. The hardest thing to design is to try to take something that works "pretty good" and improve it while still retaining simplicity and price. Like trying to invent a better toothpick. I hope you give some consideration to a better grate system in your stove.

So keep us informed of your progress and don't hesitate to take advantage of the fund of experience and knowledge possessed by members of this forum. A good mechanic or serviceman never withholds information, since if you have the talent you will find out anyway, and if you do not have the talent it will make no difference. They also understand the labor and expense it takes to test and make prototypes for a reward that may never come.

Best Wishes
Richard

Poconoeagle

Post by Poconoeagle » Tue. Mar. 24, 2009 6:42 pm

Uglysquirrel wrote:This post sounds like a Chinese manufacturer that wants to get data so they can make a coal stove to sell worldwide. No mo data from this Americanski.
ditto its obvious and jane fonda folks love it :shock:

franco b
Site Moderator

Post by franco b » Tue. Mar. 24, 2009 8:04 pm

Poconoeagle wrote:
ditto its obvious and jane fonda folks love it :shock:
The man is talking about using his ingenuity to design a better product; not a cheap copy.

That sounds like the American spirit to me, at least what the American spirit used to be.

Now that China has moved to a market economy the move to greater human rights are inevitable in my opinion.

China needs us and we sure as hell need someplace to export our inflation.

A match made in heaven or until our Great Helmsman writes his own "Little Red Book"

Richard

Poconoeagle

Post by Poconoeagle » Tue. Mar. 24, 2009 10:11 pm

I hear ya Richard but I also read between the lines and from the screen name and the web site for which he works and represents my feelings are one of a information vampire and of someone trying to capitalize on our laziness and others choice to just stay simple. I wish all the best luck in a redesign and retrofit yet would sure rather go looking for it via our mfg's. As previously demonstrated on this very site by members within the manfacturing business of our very own units, I see and have seen very good response to customer suggested improvements and modifications. From the very first post and subsequent stabs at our over complicating things yet then suggesting modifying and electrifying and controling via a logic module one of our local simple devises, I see a means to an end benefiting foreign countries yet again. Now the smooth seed planting of better economy, blah ,blah, blah
The history of our steel industry, our history of iron work and forge work..... the current state of affairs of this industry.... nah il'l stand by my gut feeling and by my fellow countrymen to make my products of this nature. Yes there is indeed a place for the world market we all live in but there is also a place for maple syrup, woolrich, & Blenheim Ginger Ale :!: :D :) 8-)
http://blenheimshrine.com/Blenheim%20shrine%20-%2 ... story.html

franco b
Site Moderator

Post by franco b » Tue. Mar. 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Poconoeagle wrote:I hear ya Richard but I also read between the lines and from the screen name and the web site for which he works and represents my feelings are one of a information vampire and of someone trying to capitalize on our laziness and others choice to just stay simple. I wish all the best luck in a redesign and retrofit yet would sure rather go looking for it via our mfg's. As previously demonstrated on this very site by members within the manfacturing business of our very own units, I see and have seen very good response to customer suggested improvements and modifications. From the very first post and subsequent stabs at our over complicating things yet then suggesting modifying and electrifying and controling via a logic module one of our local simple devises, I see a means to an end benefiting foreign countries yet again. Now the smooth seed planting of better economy, blah ,blah, blah
The history of our steel industry, our history of iron work and forge work..... the current state of affairs of this industry.... nah il'l stand by my gut feeling and by my fellow countrymen to make my products of this nature. Yes there is indeed a place for the world market we all live in but there is also a place for maple syrup, woolrich, & Blenheim Ginger Ale :!: :D :) 8-)
Your post made me feel the pain of what we have lost. I still have a Woolrich coat I can't throw out even though it is too tight. The quality is unmatched today.

I have a Channelock plier that I bought in about 1960. It cost $10 which in today's money would be about $40 or $50. It was well used and is still in good shape. A new one is still about $10 but who knows where it is made. A black and white 19 or 20 inch TV was $200. In today's money about $1000.

The point is you thought hard about spending money and made what you bought last, but it supported American workers and if you needed a part, no problem, even for something 10 years old. And the part was cheap. There was also room for all kinds of people who fixed things because the new one was expensive.

Today we have the era of waste where very little is fixed or even worth fixing. Mostly gimcracks which we don't really need. Paradoxically the things we really need like housing are far more expensive. What was easily affordable to the average working man is now far out of reach since our government made housing affordable.

On one of the other threads it got a little testy when someone slighted the state of Mass. My first thought was it was like desecrating a church but then I realized it was more like desecrating a cemetary. I wonder what Dan'l Webster would say.Or Emerson, or Thoreau. "How Stands The Union"

Richard

Poconoeagle

Post by Poconoeagle » Tue. Mar. 24, 2009 11:54 pm

Yes indeed, what would they say. I believe a large number of past fellows as such would just hang thier head and shake it slowly side to side. prolly mutter.... what have you done. ;)

http://www.woolrich.com/ go a head, buy your self a new one!!! :D 178 years pennsylvania!
theres a factory outlet 5 miles from me and thier wool lined slippers are the warmest ever... 8-)

franco b
Site Moderator

Post by franco b » Wed. Mar. 25, 2009 12:16 am

Poconoeagle wrote:Yes indeed, what would they say. I believe a large number of past fellows as such would just hang thier head and shake it slowly side to side. prolly mutter.... what have you done. ;)

http://www.woolrich.com/ go a head, buy your self a new one!!! :D 178 years pennsylvania!
theres a factory outlet 5 miles from me and thier wool lined slippers are the warmest ever... 8-)
Thanks for the link. I thought they were long gone. They even have the classic red field coat.

Richard

Westy

Post by Westy » Wed. Mar. 25, 2009 2:05 am

Deleted content, it's just clutter. sorry for the highjack.
Last edited by Westy on Wed. Mar. 25, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poconoeagle

Post by Poconoeagle » Wed. Mar. 25, 2009 9:36 am

Westy wrote:It might pay to be a little more civil to the OP. The way your leaders have borrowed money from China, he might be your landlord or employer before too long. :D

The man is only trying to make a living by improving an existing product. If you have issues with products from China, don't buy them. When you go to Walmart or any other retailer, you have the choice of an American made, or foreign product.

Myself, I try to buy locally and where possible Canadian or American products.
not civil enough?? maybe your opinion of civil differs but its funny how you know what the man is really trying to do.. aaah right,... you read his posts....thats how you know.... silly me :shock: :sick:

Westy

Post by Westy » Wed. Mar. 25, 2009 11:46 am

Deleted content, it's just clutter. sorry for the highjack.
Last edited by Westy on Wed. Mar. 25, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madeinchina

Post by madeinchina » Wed. Mar. 25, 2009 11:56 am

I feel so sad to be misunderstanded.
When I know what is hopper fed coal stove, I find problems with it.
First I want to add electronics, sensors, microcomputer to upgrade it.
but then I find also its basic design is wrong.
and then I make my own design and make a prototype to test my design.
The prototype is working the third day, general resut is awful good.
strong point: it can burn bulky coal bought directly from coal mines.
I am suer that all American brands must burn cetain size. If it is designed for rice coal, you can not use nut coal.
My prototype can burn mixture of rice coal, nut coal and stove coal at the same time.
Next step is adding electronics, sensors, microcomputer for highest efficiency and most clean burning.
Once again I will focus on China domestic market as China currency is stronger and stronger.
One day, if China currency becomes weak, I may consider exporting to American.
At least so far and foreseeable future, American competitors can sleep well.
There is NO competition from China.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Mar. 25, 2009 1:03 pm

madeinchina wrote: I am sure most American manufacturers outsource parts from China. Or even whole stove is OEM made in China.
Possibly some (motors, electronics, etc) but the manufacturers represented on this forum make their product almost entirely in house.
madeinchina wrote:I am suer that all American brands must burn cetain size. If it is designed for rice coal, you can not use nut coal.
The hand fed stoves which is the type you are experimenting with can most certainly burn whatever size you want in most cases. The size of coal you select will be determined upon your needs. A smaller size like pea will give you longer burn time. the larger size like nut will give you more heat.

Rice coal is used exclusively in stoker, without a forced draft it's very hard to keep lit which is something they take advantage of because the fire will die down considerably and not use an excessive amount of coal but instead simply run on timer when needed.

madeinchina

Post by madeinchina » Wed. Mar. 25, 2009 7:55 pm

Richard S. wrote:
madeinchina wrote: I am sure most American manufacturers outsource parts from China. Or even whole stove is OEM made in China.
Possibly some (motors, electronics, etc) but the manufacturers represented on this forum make their product almost entirely in house.
madeinchina wrote:I am suer that all American brands must burn cetain size. If it is designed for rice coal, you can not use nut coal.
The hand fed stoves which is the type you are experimenting with can most certainly burn whatever size you want in most cases. The size of coal you select will be determined upon your needs. A smaller size like pea will give you longer burn time. the larger size like nut will give you more heat.

Rice coal is used exclusively in stoker, without a forced draft it's very hard to keep lit which is something they take advantage of because the fire will die down considerably and not use an excessive amount of coal but instead simply run on timer when needed.
Thank for your reply.But I am more talking a hopper (gravity) fed stove other than hand fed stove.
My dram, or my goal which I am working hard, is to develop a SIMPLE hopper fed stove in place of stoker.
Simply change a special grate, my hopper fed stove can burn rich coal efficiently.

pret

Post by pret » Thu. Mar. 26, 2009 11:54 pm

Hi Madeinchina,

Welcome to the forum. Do you plan to work on the Axeman Anderson 130 unit? This is an auger fed similar to the AHS that Mr. Yanche referred to in a previous post.

Always interested in making something better and more efficient. Looking forward to inspecting what you design. Best wishes.

Pret

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”