3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 589
- Joined: Thu. May. 29, 2008 11:55 am
- Stove/Furnace Make: Harman Super Magnum
- Stove/Furnace Model: Super Magnum Stoker
- Location: Northern N.H.
Left the stove to long running hot ...That God for 36" clearances and fire walls. Some OEM paint flakes came off front lip above door and from inside. Does Harman have a special coating or is it just stove paint? The flakes seem fairly thick. They gave me a can of touch up paint with the stove but I wonder if it's the same OEM process..
- Posts: 5101
- Joined: Fri. Jan. 30, 2009 10:02 am
- Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
- Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice
- Location: Warrenton, NC
Yep, that can of Touchup paint is exactly what they use. I used it when I installed my stove, as there were alot of rubs and scratches. It blends right in with existing color/contrast. BUT your gonna have a Break-in period where you need to "Burn-off" the new paint as if the stove was new.