Love My Baro

lowfog01
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Post by lowfog01 » Fri. Mar. 13, 2009 4:56 am

rberq wrote: (Us obsessive-compulsive perfectionist types have to just let go ....)
Yes, sometimes we just have to let things go - the problem is I've only got two things I'm obsessed with 1) my coal stove and making it work better and 2) having clean windows on the bus. :D Thanks for your imput - I think I've done everything I can to maximinze the stove for this heating season so it's on to planning for next year. As for the windows they are always going to be there; there's no getting around that. :D Lisa

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Fri. Mar. 13, 2009 7:50 am

lowfog01 wrote:After I got a pre-baro screw hole the size of the manometer probe and had zeroed the manometer upon inserting the probe I couldn't get a draft to register. ...... I’m open for any and all suggestions. Lisa
I would check to see if there is a blockage or kink in the tubing or probe. Take it out of the screw hole and you should be able to see a reading just by blowing across the end of the tubing.

lowfog01
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Post by lowfog01 » Fri. Mar. 13, 2009 11:34 am

We checked on the tubing and it didnot have a block in it. Since the stove is working well at the the recommended .04 baro sitting we are not going to obsess over it. Maybe I'll fool with it more this weekend. Thanks for you suggestion. Lisa

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Fri. Mar. 13, 2009 1:52 pm

Stupid question, I know, but you did have the manometer mounted level on the wall, right?

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”