Installation Finally Complete!

n3hcp

Post by n3hcp » Sun. Mar. 01, 2009 12:37 pm

OK, so I've been reading and studying the mass of information available from the wise sages here in this forum. From this I have finally been able to amass the necessary parts and time to complete the installation of our Harman Mark II in our cabin. Keeping in mind this is a "seasonal" dwelling, so the stove might get used 50 days out of the year. That said, if it's wort doing...well, you know.

Notice the barometric damper, manometer, buckets for sand and water, 2 coal scuttles, one for pea to start the fire, and one with nut or stove, depending on the temperature, and thermometers on the stove and the stack.
To think, when I started reading this forum I thought all I needed was a bag of coal and a couple matches to keep the stove happy. Silly me!! ;)

Seriously, thanks guys for all the good info!! :D

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sun. Mar. 01, 2009 4:34 pm

Nice looking installation. Looks like you have all the bases covered.

Richard

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. Mar. 01, 2009 4:53 pm

Where is the ambionic thermocouple? You'll get inverse radiant thermals without one!! :) :)

...............................................................................................................

Beautiful job! It should serve you well. You do have a CO detector someplace? Good.

grizzly2
Other Heating: Oil foilfurnace, Jotul#3 woodstove,electric base board.

Post by grizzly2 » Sun. Mar. 01, 2009 5:18 pm

Will if that doesn't work well for you, someone sold you black rocks instead of coal :!: Good job, and that usually results in a good safe fire. :clap:

n3hcp

Post by n3hcp » Sun. Mar. 01, 2009 6:34 pm

Freddy wrote:Where is the ambionic thermocouple? You'll get inverse radiant thermals without one!! :) :) .
I'll get right on that!! :)
...............................................................................................................
Freddy wrote: Beautiful job! It should serve you well. You do have a CO detector someplace? Good.
Thanks!! Yep...CO detector in the same room as the stove, and smoke detectors in every room.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”