G111 Continued

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Wed. Apr. 03, 2024 5:39 pm

I hear all of yas' I'm still not only idling the 111, but haven't taken the plow off my 214 JD lawn tractor. Cause we all know what'll happen, don't we. :lol: But seriously, the end is near. Or it'ld better be. My coal supply is gettin on E, or past reserve.
How bout you guys. Do you buy just enuff to get by, or buy major bulk to get by a few winters. And if so, do you keep a minimum reserve, or do you run it dry, and refill? I'll bet the PA crowd can keep up, but me in Southern New England, gets kinda costly to have an inventory. And we all know what the government does to "inventory". :x
(TOTP)

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Wed. Apr. 03, 2024 6:40 pm

I can only keep up with coal in milder temps, Mark II in basement. I try to pick up a ton as price allows. This year was mild and I burned twice as long as last year. I ended up buying 2 ton total and had maybe 25 bags from last year. I think I'm going for another week before I shut down, at least that's the plan looking at the 10 day.

joeq

Post by joeq » Wed. Apr. 03, 2024 8:10 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Wed. Apr. 03, 2024 6:40 pm
I can only keep up with coal in milder temps, Mark II in basement. I try to pick up a ton as price allows. This year was mild and I burned twice as long as last year. I ended up buying 2 ton total and had maybe 25 bags from last year. I think I'm going for another week before I shut down, at least that's the plan looking at the 10 day.
Almost everything you mentioned (?) same here.

tcalo
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford 40
Coal Size/Type: Nut/stove anthracite

Post by tcalo » Sat. Apr. 20, 2024 12:03 pm

How’s that G111 doing Joe? I let the C40 burn out about a week ago. Daytime temps were too high to justify keeping it going. I’m done for the season! I just bump the oil heat at night.

joeq

Post by joeq » Sat. Apr. 20, 2024 5:03 pm

Hi Tom. Ditto here. I still have about a couple weeks worth-a LeHigh stove leftover, to store this summer. But maybe we'll have an April snow storm for the records, to contend with. Ya never know here in NE. The 111 was good to me, again this season, even tho the back pipe rotted out early. I taped it with some 2" metal duct tape, and it held all winter. Now I'll need-ta address it before next season. (If I remember) :oops:
And you and yours enjoy your time off from ash removal. See ya Tom. :out:

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”