Mine Tour at Pioneer With the Mine Foreman

DRBill
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mk II
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: oil hot air

Post by DRBill » Fri. May. 12, 2017 5:08 pm

My brother and I are going to schedule a tour, in June, of the Pioneer Coal Mine Tunnel with their mine foreman, who was an underground miner. This is not the public tour and I have about six pages of questions to ask about the technology of anthracite mining. I have been informed that they could accommodate up to 15 people at a cost of $20/each for however long it takes to tour and ask technical questions. Hard hats are not required, but we are going to take hard hats and $50 cap lights in order to see areas that might not be well lit. They said nothing about the West Orchard Gangway Extension, which is not open to the public, but maybe....

Anyone interested? If so, try and contact me off-list. Just wish I knew how to do that.

Bill

DRBill
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mk II
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: oil hot air

Post by DRBill » Sat. May. 13, 2017 5:13 pm

Anyone interested in going on the tour? It will be sometime in June and during the week starting at 8am. If anyone is interested, send me a private email.

Bill

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. May. 13, 2017 5:49 pm

Thanx for the heads up my friend--for myself, that's right in the middle of haying season.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. May. 13, 2017 10:55 pm

I would kill to do it....but like Fred I have already committed to things I can't undo. Shame, it sounds like a blast and the price is right.

Kevin

Return to “Anthracite Coal History in Northeastern Pennsylvania”