1 Ton High Lift for Coal Delivery

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sat. May. 17, 2008 9:52 pm

I mentioned this before, the picture is really small and not very good because its from the front of the truck but that's a 1 ton lift on the truck. It's mechanically operated. I believe it had simple wheel like you'd have on a ships door but I don't really know. As I mentioned in another post probably be just as easy shoveling it... :lol: The truck it's on is obviously not the original truck, I believe my Uncle said the lift was from the early 1900's. Might even have been used on a horse and buggy. I'm pretty sure I have a better picture of it but I can't find it at the moment.

I don't think anyone in my family ever used it, just something they picked up along the way and I don't know the present condition of it but I'm pretty sure they still have it.

Attachments

truck07.jpg
.JPG | 41.2KB | truck07.jpg

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Sat. May. 17, 2008 10:21 pm

The truck looks like a 70's ara Dodge Power Ram 3/4 ton I guess you would need at lease a 3/4 ton truck to put that lift in one ton would be better do you know what the lift weighs empty I want it :lol: it would cheaper then a hydraulic box lift for a pick up I like old mechanically things wonder how safe it would be on a incline :shock:

Return to “Anthracite Coal History in Northeastern Pennsylvania”