6 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 3552
- Joined: Tue. Feb. 08, 2011 5:59 pm
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Frankenstove
- Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite
- Other Heating: wood and a little LP
- Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
That was a very good read. Thank you for posting it. That had to be miserable work down in those holes.
- Posts: 6059
- Joined: Fri. Nov. 22, 2013 2:17 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
- Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both
- Location: Jonestown,Pa.17038
Thanks for posting that very interesting article.
- Site Moderator
- Posts: 8423
- Joined: Sat. Feb. 10, 2007 9:48 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
- Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
- Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
- Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert
- Location: Stillwater, New Jersey
Thanks for posting the link, very interesting article.
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Thu. Sep. 15, 2016 7:24 am
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: alaska stoker II
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: florin foundry 810
- Coal Size/Type: rice
- Location: Coal Township Pa
I new an old timer that talked about jacking up a car and using an extended rim for a hoist. He worked with his brothers in a bootleg mine.