- Posts: 1221
- Joined: Sat. Jan. 29, 2011 10:48 pm
- Location: Montrose, Pa.
- Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
- Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
- Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed
- Posts: 30188
- Joined: Thu. Dec. 31, 2009 12:33 pm
- Location: Freetown,NY 13803
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
- Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut
You're alive!! This is good.
- Posts: 1251
- Joined: Mon. Sep. 17, 2007 5:27 pm
- Location: Wayne county PA.
- Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 1982 AA-130 Steam
Still lots of culm piles. There was a open vein right to the surface in Taylor. Some of the railroad tracks were underfilled with rice throwaway coal. They dug a lot of that out and sold it 25 years ago. I can remember a lot of small streams that were orange, the only thing alive were crayfish. Wonder if they ever got that all cleaned up.
- Posts: 685
- Joined: Wed. Aug. 28, 2019 1:54 pm
- Location: NEPA
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glacier Bay
- Coal Size/Type: nut
- Other Heating: electric
Thanks for the picture. Brings back memories of going "up the Eynon" and passing all the coal activity going on