- Posts: 3065
- Joined: Fri. Jan. 26, 2007 2:51 am
- Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
- Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County
- Location: Parts Unknown
I heard about this last year but I was working and couldn’t make it. Recently I found out this is an annual thing. This year I am off and plan to attend. Maybe some others would be interested. It is a late night so it is not for everyone. Valley View park is outside of the village of Valley View in Schuylkill county, it is about 2 or 3 miles from Superior Coal Preparation.
Unique film night that features videos of local anthracite coal deep mining. Films this year include migration of miners to the Anthracite Coal Field and an investigation of the improvement of the stoker from the late 1950's and others.
Let’s hope this fakebook link works.
- Posts: 23805
- Joined: Thu. Dec. 31, 2009 12:33 pm
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
- Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut
- Location: Freetown,NY 13803
It worked G--sounds like an outstanding night!!