Freddy's Coffee House 3June2023 Instant Hot Summer Coffee!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 6:08 am

Good Morning,Carbon Connoisseurs..!! (Uh,I Think That's French For "Coal Fanatics")
You knew it had to happen-We made it to June..!! Around Our "Neck Of Da' Bay",We've gone high gear into "Instant Summer". Very Dry,Blazin' Sun and Zero Rain..!! Uh-Oh for the Farmers..
Anywhoo,here at Freddy's,We're up to Our usual "Off-Season Breakfast Hijinx" The Crew's beaten the heat in Da' Galley by converting to "Night Ops"..!! It's All still fresh,but early..!! Come on in,sit down and enjoy old aquaintences..!! Remember:"Coffee,It's The Most Important Meal Of The Day"..!!
Take Good Care,Gang..!!
Last edited by Hambden Bob on Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 6:45 am

Mornin'
Yes, HB, Coffee is the most important meal of the day!!!!!!...it 'jump-starts' me every mornin'. We had 2 Hot(90*) days...now a few cool, wet ones in front of us to keep the grass green.....you gotta love it!!!! Nothin' happening here.....enjoy the week-end!!!
Cheers

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 7:12 am

I like that, you should get some mugs printed up. Pass that coffee. I need to wake up and start pounding some Motrin, gonna be a long couple weeks. I think I dislocated a rib yesterday. Could only sleep on my bad shoulder last night. Yay summer.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 7:46 am

Mornin all, got some runnin around early try to beat this heat. Enjoy people. Thanx HB.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 7:51 am

Thanks HB! Nice damp warm to hot weather here with bugs thicker than coal fines in a bad bag of coal... ok, not quite that bad!

Dang Wayto, just reading that made my shoulder hurt! Hope it gets better.

The crops are all growing in the fields, summer is on. I like the part of summer when things are still getting greener. Not much planned except some mowing when the grass dries from last nights rain. I just slammed a dew and am ready for the day. Have a good one!

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 8:27 am

Morning All!

Dry as a bone down here. It's been 80's and 90's all week but doesn't feel as hot as usual because it's so dry. Every time I try to mow, I just create a dust storm! At least the grass isn't growing.

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 9:18 am

90 degrees last two days, 55 degrees this morning. Lawn is burnt to a crisp so no need to worry about that. The boys and I are headed over to help my dad get some plastic down on his pumpkin patch.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 11:29 am

waytomany?s wrote:
Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 7:12 am
I like that, you should get some mugs printed up. Pass that coffee. I need to wake up and start pounding some Motrin, gonna be a long couple weeks. I think I dislocated a rib yesterday. Could only sleep on my bad shoulder last night. Yay summer.
That sucks. I tossed my back out 2 weeks ago, I can finally walk without crutches. Luckily, this re-occurring back issue has not popped up during winter when I have to service the stove.

Such things do put a halt on project work. Had to put off seeding grass due to it. And some weeding is on hold.

Rib issue must be fun too. Yay summer....I miss winter already

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 11:43 am

Good morning All,
Been a bit since I put the mug down long enough to say something in here but after 20 years in the public school system my wife decided to hang up her apron and sewing needles and retire from teaching Family and Consumer Science (Home Ec to those who know better). We've got a shindig planned for her this afternoon with all kinds coming and some good eats to kinda rah rah her. So it will be some changes around here over the next year or so, life moves on.
Worked in the garden all morning, a little of this a little of that but have the soaker hoses going so the water goes where it needs to, most everything doing midling to fine.
Have a good one!

snuffy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF250 & Mark III backup
Other Heating: Oil Hot Water

Post by snuffy » Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 11:01 pm

Hey waytomany,

I sent a private message to your member inbox. Possible solution to your rib pain.

Snuffy

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 2:03 am

snuffy wrote:
Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 11:01 pm
Hey waytomany,

I sent a private message to your member inbox. Possible solution to your rib pain.

Snuffy
I went to an urgent care center...$50 for my back this time. I usually just suck it up for the back issue.

Pain med Doc prescribed was basically equal to a 4x OTC dose of ibuprofen.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 6:16 am

waytomany?s wrote: I think I dislocated a rib yesterday.
Ouch! Sorry you're hurting. The difference between an injured rib and a broken rib? About three weeks. They suck!

Debbie & I were at north Camp during the heat wave. 90.... 92.... then Friday night the temps dropped.... at one point it dropped 28 degrees in about 3 hours. Saturday morning was 37 degrees. It hasn't gotten much warmer since!

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 9:53 pm

Rib and back pain has to be the worst pain there is. I remember when I crashed my motorcycle racing on Hwy.9 in CA 22 years ago, I bruised my ribs bad! The bike went down on the left side - front end came right out from under me (Bald tire!), slid down the road quite a distance, then the rear tire slammed a guardrail, compressed the suspension fully, then rebounded the bike right into my right shoulder, bending the subframe and shattering the plastic with with my body. That compressed all my ribs diagonally, so I had pain EVERYWHERE, even the lower left side of my chest! I was laid up for a LONG time from that one! Besides the chunk of meat missing from my knee, the rib bruising was the worst of it. Couldn't laugh, cough, or walk 40' round trip to the bathroom without being in extreme agony. I feel for you guys!!

Yeah, the weather down here in MA took a cold dump on us! I'll take the hottest coffee you fellers got! I'm friggin FREEZING!! 🥶

Went to a graduation party today and froze my baguettes off ... with my winter coat on! Needed more layers ... on June 4, WTF!! Wife and I had the cab of the 940 at 115° for the ride home. We were toasting! 40 minute drive, I was still cold! :lol:

Last week we got the last of my coal stockpile from 2020 in the basement. Bags were covered with a tarp to keep the UV off them, and I still have never had so many bags bust open in my life!! :x One I forked with the clamp-on forks - I can't see where the forks are, so I was 100% relying on my wife to guide me in ... with no brakes on a 12,000 pound I/H. She's a hairdresser - never worked construction, lol. That resulted in a shouting match. Just gave her more adrenaline to get these 300 bags handed to me through the basement window. There's ways to get the help moving! I'm a great motivator. :D

But besides that fork-up, the rest were just small tears spilling coal everywhere. Never seen so many! We wasted more time picking coal out of the grass and dirt, & taping the bags up than loading the stuff. So aggravating! Think it took us over 5 hours to do 6 tons. All time SLOW record breaker. Back wasn't hurting, so maybe that was a blessing in disguise. I guess stockpiling bagged coal isn't the best course of action, unless you can fit it all in your basement.

But thank God I bought all this coal back then. Paid $289 a ton delivered. Today, it's $489 a ton ... BEFORE the $109 delivery fee! :o

Last week I was on vacation from the new job. Spent more time working than relaxing. Fixed a mower fuel system, hauled some roofing materials from PA to MA, then to CT the next day, picked up a jet ski with no trailer up in NH and brought that to MA, rebuilt both battery cables with new ones I assembled for the '67 International Harvester diesel backhoe that I hadn't started in 9 months, and finally swapped out the beat up c-clips in the Silverado's rear end. 132k "Smitty" miles! They were BEAT!!

IMG_6424.jpeg
.JPEG | 458.3KB | IMG_6424.jpeg
aaa CBR & leg after wreck.jpeg
.JPEG | 376.1KB | aaa CBR & leg after wreck.jpeg
IMG_8597.jpeg
.JPEG | 438.1KB | IMG_8597.jpeg
IMG_8594.jpeg
.JPEG | 972.5KB | IMG_8594.jpeg
IMG_8596.jpeg
.JPEG | 594.1KB | IMG_8596.jpeg
IMG_8598.jpeg
.JPEG | 534.9KB | IMG_8598.jpeg
IMG_8592.jpeg
.JPEG | 625.7KB | IMG_8592.jpeg
IMG_8564.jpeg
.JPEG | 565.4KB | IMG_8564.jpeg
IMG_8565.jpeg
.JPEG | 396.2KB | IMG_8565.jpeg
IMG_8566.jpeg
.JPEG | 606.7KB | IMG_8566.jpeg
IMG_8582.jpeg
.JPEG | 633.6KB | IMG_8582.jpeg
IMG_8584.jpeg
.JPEG | 363.2KB | IMG_8584.jpeg
IMG_8586.jpeg
.JPEG | 611.1KB | IMG_8586.jpeg

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 10:17 pm

You need a hobby Smitty :lol: I got tired just thinking of all that work! :D

Congrats Mrs. Bunkerd!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Mon. Jun. 05, 2023 6:43 am

Well Gang,This Ol' Guy Can't Thank All Of Ya's Enough For All These "High Quality Off-Season Show-Ups And Contributions"..!! You Are A "Rich Crew" To Be A Part Of..!! Have A Great Week,Mates..!!

Return to “The Coffee House”