Freddy's Coffee House 20May2023

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. May. 20, 2023 5:47 am

And A Soggy & Cool Mornin' To All You Coal Faithful..!!
Now that We're in the last of "The Shoulder Months",Our numbers here have started to traditionally dwindle. The rest of Us will keep it going by "Coffee'ng Up And Getting Squared Away" before launching into various and a sundry of Coal Projects. Rumor has it that Stoker Don's going to do all the R&D Work towards the World's First Jet Powered Porsche..!!
Now,the Coffee's Hot,The Mugs Are Clean,And Ol' Woolrich Sock Freetown Fred's Conducting "Saturday Services" With The Boys In Da' Galley..!!
I do believe they were All muttering somethin' regarding "S.O.S.",whose "Sanitized Name" would translate to "Chipped Beef On Toast"..!!
Stay Warm,Dry And Unpredictable,Gang..!!

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. May. 20, 2023 6:56 am

Good morning guys, thanks for the opening HB. You hit a home run with the the breakfast plate this morning! Supposed to rain some this morning, I need a day of rest been hitting it hard the past few days truck oil change, rear calipers, rotors and pads on the wife’s car, yard and garden work and gave the shop a good cleaning and reorganization. Supposed to be nice all next week it’s been a great spring around here can’t wait to get the plants and seeds in the ground. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. May. 20, 2023 6:58 am

SOS works just fine--no sanitation needed. ;) First batch is ready along with dark Columbian java. Thanx for kickin Freddy's door open HB. Cloudy & 54* here on the hill--most mornings last week were in the upper 20's low 30's--I'll take it. :) Enjoy the day folks.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. May. 20, 2023 7:44 am

Mornin'
Good intro, HB....the best coffee in town is at Freddys Coffee House!!! Rain on the way here so we have grass to mow....have a great week-end everyone.
Cheers

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. May. 20, 2023 7:52 am

Morning All!
Hambden Bob wrote:
Sat. May. 20, 2023 5:47 am
Don's going to do all the R&D Work towards the World's First Jet Powered Porsche..!!
Yah, the 6.0 Chevy ain't quite enough now that I have the bug. Been looking for a Prat & Whitney J-58 out of and old SR-71. That might make it fast enough for some high altitude runs! :lol:

A bit to damp here to mow so I'll think of something else to do today.

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Sat. May. 20, 2023 8:10 am

Praying for rain here. Dry as a popcorn fart. On we go.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. May. 20, 2023 8:12 am

Beef on toast sounds good! I'll strain my Mt Dew thru a sock to get into the mood...

Beautiful weather here. Ive been catching a few northern but no fishing today. Going to get a little green food gardening done and I gathered up some seeds from a Kentucky Coffee Tree that are a little tricky to get started so I'll do that too. I must have almost every tree that grows here but I dont have that one. Then mowing of course and maybe shoot a little. Have a good one!

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. May. 20, 2023 8:23 am

Forecast shows rain by 3pm. To mow or not to mow, that is the question. Please pass the coffee and I will contemplate while it percolates.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sat. May. 20, 2023 8:36 am

Little soggy here too way into the night. I’ll take a little bit of that beef, it sounds good. I’m getting used to this sock strained coffee I guess.

Here’s a hint for y’all…
I walked out on the back porch after the rain this morning and just look what popped up in the yard.
C47C99D5-1843-4FD4-8AA6-163DD379B2FF.jpeg
.JPEG | 1.1MB | C47C99D5-1843-4FD4-8AA6-163DD379B2FF.jpeg

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sat. May. 20, 2023 10:18 am

Hey HB,
I’m surprised your coffee pot worked up there this morning after the quake in Toledo.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. May. 20, 2023 1:45 pm

Hoytman wrote:
Sat. May. 20, 2023 8:36 am
Little soggy here too way into the night. I’ll take a little bit of that beef, it sounds good. I’m getting used to this sock strained coffee I guess.

Here’s a hint for y’all…
I walked out on the back porch after the rain this morning and just look what popped up in the yard.

C47C99D5-1843-4FD4-8AA6-163DD379B2FF.jpeg
Its a boy ! Congrats

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sun. May. 21, 2023 8:20 pm

Well I just popped in to say good evening, I hope all is well with everyone as its been very busy for us and haven't had time to stop and smell the roses :) .
Have a good week to come!

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Mon. May. 22, 2023 6:34 am

Thought I was on time for once ... but it's MONDAY, lol! WTH!! This whole workin' for others bit is kicking my ass! :lol:

Thankfully, I've got this week off! Now I'll just be working around the house. Volvo needs a fuel hose replaced, my diesel International-Harvester needs battery cables and a new key switch, an old time customer needs a push mower fixed, and I'm sure I'll find 100 more projects before the week is up.

My cousin is in the area catching up with relatives. She lives out in OH. Was chatting with her and her husband about the stark differences in freedom between OH and MA. Sad how in today's America you have to give up your right to self-defense in order to travel in the Northeast. Not exactly what our Founders intended, that's for damned sure! She's powering a heated swimming pool and an entire household on HALF the money I pay for electric when my wife and I spend 80% of our time at work! This friggin state!! :x Anyway, she got a "wonderful" introduction to the Northeast by traveling on I-84. She was amazed at the lunacy on the road. Pouring rain most of the way, saw 4 separate cars on their roofs, or part of the guardrail, or some trees. Welcome to crazytown! :yes: I'll find some RURAL part of MA to take them on a tour of.

Yep, decent weather is here. Boiler is shut down - 100% on oil now for hot water. The 520 Highboy is all insulated, along with the pipes, so that's making a big difference in here, AND in my oil tank! Already saving money. I like it!

Now if I could only pay less than .49 cents per kWh ... or MOVE SOUTH ... :annoyed:

Return to “The Coffee House”