Montana GA member sued to be able to speak at GA - LOL its was DOA

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Wed. May. 03, 2023 2:08 am

District Court Judge Mike Menahan found the court's authority was limited due to the constitutional separation of powers between the legislative and judicial branches.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/montana-t ... ee2c&ei=21

Legislatures, I think in every state, can make their own rules and courts cannot touch them, make them follow the rules, get involved with inter-assembly punishments etc.

This weirdo wasted the court's time and taxpayer dollars.

A lesson for all...not happy with your state assembly not following its own rules ? Likely there is nothing you can do in the courts about it. Don't waste your money in court fees. Not even I do that...its law school 101.

If you want to sue the state then you almost have to ask for permission to do so ( 42 USC 1983 is an exception and there are also other exceptions, like in a law the law says you can sue the state) and most states have a mechanism to seek permission from the state to sue them. Sometimes the state will say OK, we allow you to sue for the reasons given. I have several actions to seek permission to sue the state ~ these have been pending for over 7 years without resolution to the request one way or the other but the cases have passed motions to dismiss and summary judgment actions. But going directly to court without seeking permission will usually, unless its an exception, will be tossed in about 5 sec. before a judge.

This weirdo assemblyman can go and seek permission but the chance of the legislature saying "OK, sue us for our own rules being mean to you" has as much chance of my 503 running good on rice coal. Zero. And by the time the state will make such a decision the request would be moot if its anything like my requests pending for 7 yrs+ as the person would not be a member anymore.

Return to “The Coffee House”