Walmart Stealing Issues Article

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Apr. 29, 2023 7:58 pm

https://www.distractify.com/p/walmart-knows-when- ... e-stealing

I don't use ANY self checkout machines, myself.

Is it no surprise stealage occurs ?

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 5:40 am

The only time I use self checkout is when an employee is there and waves me over and does the entire transaction.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 9:50 am

I was very hesitant to use the self-checkout until I saw how much faster I can get checkout done compared to a checkout person that is far from motivated. :roll:

Paul

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 9:53 am

Sunny Boy wrote:
Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 9:50 am
I was very hesitant to use the self-checkout until I saw how much faster I can get checkout done compared to a checkout person that is far from motivated. :roll:

Paul
I have commented on many occasions that when a cashier misses an item or double charges for an item it is a mistake. When a customer makes a mistake in self checkout it is stealing. Go figure.

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 12:37 pm

I use the scan gun and don't even take stuff out of the cart while I check out. No waiting, no lifting stuff out of the cart onto a belt.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:21 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 9:53 am
I have commented on many occasions that when a cashier misses an item or double charges for an item it is a mistake. When a customer makes a mistake in self checkout it is stealing. Go figure.
CH, also consider the new law passed a few months ago...54-33b, shown below. You go through a checkout (self or attended) and the door checker asks to see your receipt. You say no thanks to showing the receipt. Now a cop shows....can the cop search you ? I never show my reciept..and sometimes I get stopped "May I see your receipt" which I respond "Are you going to kidnap me if I don't?"

And, on another note..how can you be searched by the Captiol Police to get into the Capitol Bldg., or be searched to get into the state's supreme court ? Now they need PC or RAS to search.

Sec. 54-33b. Search of person. (a) A law enforcement official may ask a person if he or she may conduct a search of their person, provided such law enforcement official has reasonable and articulable suspicion that weapons, contraband or other evidence of a crime is contained upon the person, or that the search is reasonably necessary to further an ongoing law enforcement investigation. A law enforcement official who solicits consent to search a person shall, whether or not the consent is granted, complete a police report documenting the reasonable and articulable suspicion for the solicitation of consent, or the facts and circumstances that support the search being reasonably necessary to further an ongoing law enforcement investigation.

(b) A law enforcement official serving a search warrant may, if such official has reason to believe that any of the property described in the warrant is concealed in the garments of any person in or upon the place or thing to be searched, search the person for the purpose of seizing the same. When the person to be searched is a woman, the search shall be made by a female law enforcement official or other woman assisting in the service of the warrant, or by a woman designated by the judge or judge trial referee issuing the warrant.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:28 pm

Lightning wrote:
Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 12:37 pm
I use the scan gun and don't even take stuff out of the cart while I check out. No waiting, no lifting stuff out of the cart onto a belt.
You mean a scan gun that has been used by 1000 other people before ? Yucky.

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:32 pm

IV noticed that all these big stores are locking up more and more merchandise behind locked glass doors. Specially in big one party cesspool cities but everywhere to some extent. I guess if your not going to lock up the CRIMINALS you have to lock up everything else. All this will certainly raise prices even higher than the 50% inflation.

k-2

Post by k-2 » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:37 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:28 pm
You mean a scan gun that has been used by 1000 other people before ? Yucky.
Wear surgical gloves.

k-2

Post by k-2 » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:42 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:21 pm
CH, also consider the new law passed a few months ago...54-33b, shown below. You go through a checkout (self or attended) and the door checker asks to see your receipt.
Initially i was ready to protest the receipt checking but i figured you know what ,the poor employee is just doing his job and im not going to ruin his day being an ass about it.Plus its hard enough to get people to work today specially at walmart and Its in response to all the the theft.So certainly not the employees fault. Iv tried to just be as cheerful and polite as i can in contrast to all those who are so rude anymore. Everywhere i go including restaurants. And certainly if i get stopped by LEO for some reason.
Last edited by k-2 on Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:47 pm

I keep my hands clean by washing and sanitizer.. I'm not too overly paranoid about microbes.

k-2

Post by k-2 » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:48 pm

Lightning wrote:
Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:47 pm
I keep my hands clean by washing and sanitizer.. I'm not too overly paranoid about microbes.
I usually were cotton gloves in winter anyway and just leave then on while checking out.

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:49 pm

There is no reason to be a dick just because you can.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:51 pm

k-2 wrote:
Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:37 pm
Wear surgical gloves.
Just be aware ... all PPE fail. PPE is a last-resort...engineering or other solutions should be used as a primary means of preventing injury.

Cotton gloves ? Not a good choice. Stuff will still get transferred to the glove and what do you do with the glove after, immediately toss it in the trash is unlikely. The worst thing one can do is choose the wrong PPE...it makes the user think that they have protection when they do not and then they do risky things.
Last edited by davidmcbeth3 on Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

k-2

Post by k-2 » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:52 pm

tsb wrote:
Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:49 pm
There is no reason to be a dick just because you can.
That is so true today. Your much more likely to get a dirty look from others then you are a smile.

Return to “The Coffee House”