Walmart Stealing Issues Article

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:54 pm

Well, life is all about weighing risk with reward. It's a matter of personal choice.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 2:45 pm

Lightning wrote:
Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:54 pm
Well, life is all about weighing risk with reward. It's a matter of personal choice.
Well, just wait until pharmacies will only allow you to check out using those nifty, time saving scanner guns. In line with 20 other sick folks of who-knows-what aliments handling the scanner gun to check out their meds before you.

"Ack ack, 1/2 a lung coughed out, here you go, you're next in line."

Go into the pharmacy with one aliment, leave with 20.

A good business plan for the drug and pharma industry...not so good for you.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 7:26 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:21 pm
Now a cop shows....can the cop search you ?
A cop needs reasonable suspicion they can articulate if they want to search, detain, demand ID, blah, blah, blah. In other words something you are going to be arrested for or issued a citation for anyway. If the store clerks states "He stole something." then they can detain you and carry on with their investigation. If the store clerks says "He stole something because he didn't show a receipt." You can tell the the store clerk and the cop to *censored* off if they want to search you. FYI Telling the cop to "*censored* off" is protected speech. ;)

My guess would be Wal-Mart employees are instructed to just let someone go by if they refuse the receipt check and to call the cops only when they have observed someone stealing.

Know your rights, don't be bullied. If you are stopped by the police* the only question you need to ask is "Am I being detained?". If the answer is no tell them to have a nice day. If the answer is "yes" the next question you need to ask is "What crime did I commit?".

Note that if you driving a vehicle and get stopped for running a stop sign you of course need to provide ID. AS far as DUI checkpoints it's about as clear as mud.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 7:39 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 1:21 pm
And, on another note..how can you be searched by the Captiol Police to get into the Capitol Bldg., or be searched to get into the state's supreme court ? Now they need PC or RAS to search.
Walking through a metal detector is not a search and you can of course refuse it by not entering.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 7:44 pm

Richard S. wrote:
Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 7:26 pm
A cop needs reasonable suspicion they can articulate if they want to search, detain, demand ID, blah, blah, blah. In other words something you are going to be arrested for or issued a citation for anyway. If the store clerks states "He stole something." then they can detain you and carry on with their investigation. If the store clerks says "He stole something because he didn't show a receipt." You can tell the the store clerk and the cop to *censored* off if they want to search you. FYI Telling the cop to "*censored* off" is protected speech. ;)

Know your rights, don't be bullied. If you are stopped by the police* the only question you need to ask is "Am I being detained?". If the answer is no tell them to have a nice day. If the answer is "yes" the next question you need to ask is "What crime did I commit?".

Note that if you driving a vehicle and get stopped for running a stop sign you of course need to provide ID. AS far as DUI checkpoints it's about as clear as mud.
I think in the spirit of the law you are correct.

These days I think the protocol is to arrest you for whatever they throw at you and put the burden on you to try to prove your innocence. Going to court is a prohibitive costly venture. That is why so many innocent people accept plea deals.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 7:53 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 7:44 pm
These days I think the protocol is to arrest you for whatever they throw at you and put the burden on you to try to prove your innocence. Going to court is a prohibitive costly venture. That is why so many innocent people accept plea deals.
Agree but in the age of video/audio recording equipment everywhere they are increasingly putting themselves at risk. Qualified immunity doesn't apply to making *censored* up, they are personally at risk for a lawsuit in those cases.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 8:18 pm

Richard S. wrote:
Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 7:53 pm
Agree but in the age of video/audio recording equipment everywhere they are increasingly putting themselves at risk. Qualified immunity doesn't apply to making *censored* up, they are personally at risk for a lawsuit in those cases.
Isn't it funny how often times video malfunctions or things just disappear? I don't think it is uncommon for your personal property to get confiscated and lost.

I think there were people that entered open doors at the Capital on Jan 6 for a quick peak and promptly left that are being prosecuted.

If you piss off a cop, prosecutor, judge.... it matters not how right you are. Your life could become a living hell.

I have been witnessing these incidents for over 25 years and now they don't even try to cover up what they are doing.

These days they are calling parents that object to their children getting puberty blockers or sexual transition as abuse. Let me make that clear. The parents that are objecting to the mutilation of their children are being deemed the abusers.

Lots of things to digest here and not looking to derail Walmart thieves but, if you are exiting the Walmart and somebody asks for a receipt, it would be wise just to show it to them. I always go thru the full service register and if something in my cart was not rung up it is on Walmart. I know for a fact that there are times when an item was rung up more than once and I left paying twice for the same item. The law and much of society is upside down and the lunies are in charge of the asylum.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 8:25 pm

Richard S. wrote:
Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 7:39 pm
Walking through a metal detector is not a search and you can of course refuse it by not entering.
Courts have ruled many times a metal detector is a search. If you have a case to cite wherein a court said it is not, I'd be happy to read it.

If the gov't could use wands and metal detectors everywhere w/o 4th amendment concerns they'd be doing it all the time, everywhere.

And my state's Capitol bldg is where the general assembly meets, a place where out state const. provides we have a right to go to..so no, if its illegal to search you then they cannot make it a condition to visit the general assembly meetings.

Generally, its illegal for one to exercise a right to have to give up another. That's an old scheme that gov't try try try to do and always get smacked down for doing. A simple google search should pop up plenty of news articles and stuff.

In respect to providing an ID .. this is also a 4th amendment search. Normally with RAS one has to ID oneself but not required to produce a paper ID, but just to give what info your state deems as "IDing" yourself. In my state, its name, address, and birth-date...and you can just tell them via speech...each state makes it own rules as to info required. I do not produce a DL or passport when asking to ID myself..if I think they may have RAS, I provide the info
Last edited by davidmcbeth3 on Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 8:38 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 8:18 pm
Isn't it funny how often times video malfunctions or things just disappear? I don't think it is uncommon for your personal property to get confiscated and lost.

I think there were people that entered open doors at the Capital on Jan 6 for a quick peak and promptly left that are being prosecuted.

If you piss off a cop, prosecutor, judge.... it matters not how right you are. Your life could become a living hell.

I have been witnessing these incidents for over 25 years and now they don't even try to cover up what they are doing.

These days they are calling parents that object to their children getting puberty blockers or sexual transition as abuse. Let me make that clear. The parents that are objecting to the mutilation of their children are being deemed the abusers.

Lots of things to digest here and not looking to derail Walmart thieves but, if you are exiting the Walmart and somebody asks for a receipt, it would be wise just to show it to them. I always go thru the full service register and if something in my cart was not rung up it is on Walmart. I know for a fact that there are times when an item was rung up more than once and I left paying twice for the same item. The law and much of society is upside down and the lunies are in charge of the asylum.

Our Walmarts don't have anyone at the door asking for a receipt.

Only place I've had that happen is at BJ's Wholesale Clubs. And that person just quickly looks at the receipt and the full cart. I have never seen the door person check if each item is on the receipt. And no way can they tell if all items in the cart are on the receipt with such a quick glance. I think they only do it to deter potential shop lifters.

Paul

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Mon. May. 01, 2023 1:22 am

Sunny Boy wrote:
Sun. Apr. 30, 2023 8:38 pm
Our Walmarts don't have anyone at the door asking for a receipt.

Only place I've had that happen is at BJ's Wholesale Clubs. And that person just quickly looks at the receipt and the full cart. I have never seen the door person check if each item is on the receipt. And no way can they tell if all items in the cart are on the receipt with such a quick glance. I think they only do it to deter potential shop lifters.

Paul
Its likely the contract with BJ's is like COSTCO .. it says that you agree to show upon demand. Worst they can do is cancel the contract.

Worst Wally world can do is tell you not to come back.

I never show when asked. I'd show my receipt to a jury. I guess I'd just make funny faces during the trial for the most part.

Return to “The Coffee House”