Coffee at Freddys 4/15/2023

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 6:07 am

Good morning guys. The door is open, the sock is full. Bacon and eggs will get us going. There’s a Mountain Dew in the ice box too. Spring chores are in full spring what great weather around here. I have my first car club cruise of the year today, hasn’t rained for over a week but today rain. We’re heading on some back roads and to a lunch. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 6:40 am

Well, I guess if the sock is full that means FF is sound somewhere. I hate to be a party pooper so I’ll take a cup of that Joe so I don’t offend my friend, FF. If the coffee is like his humor it’ll be a hoot. I might as well take a couple slices of bacon and a couple eggs too. Thanks for the invite.

Going to take my son to my aunt’s house to see if we can get two tractors started that she gave him, a Sato Beaver (Mitsubishi 16hp-3cyl diesel), and JD850. Going to be a good day.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 6:41 am

Good Morning Gang..!! Many Thanx to Uncle Toddburn fot Kickin' Da' Door In" and getting Us rolling..!! This is being typed at Camp..!! We All just opened it up yesterday..!! Whoo-Whee..!! Now Winter's Officially Over(Although there's a chance of Snow Tuesday 🌄 😄)

Retro_Origin
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1957 Axeman Anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat / Pea

Post by Retro_Origin » Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 6:50 am

Good morning! As I lay in my bed before committing my dentures to their place I am fully enjoying the birds song and occasional car passing: all is peace until the kids wake up! Coffee would be a welcome fuel to get my butt into gear to enjoy this weekend with them!

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 7:10 am

Mornin'
Thank you for the coffee, Todd.........I had my coffee on the deck the last two days(80*temp)....back to 50's and rain coming for Sunday/Monday.......makes the grass grow so we can mow!!!!! It's 'Spring clean-up' time.........have a great week-end, everyone.
Cheers

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 7:25 am

Yep, I'm always around somewhere, wise decision on the coffee my young friend. ;) A good day indeed Billy. :clap: Mornin all, thanx T. Got some runnin around today & finish mowin pastures. HB's back up to the pond enjoyin life in general & I know he loves it there. Enjoy people. :)

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 8:19 am

Mornin. Please pass the coffee. Long planned day just got longer. I planned to fix some pasture fence and remove some trees that fell in the bay lot. My wife planned for me to run errands and get a load of hay to get us to grass in the pasture season. Problem is her list didn't get to me until I turned the coffee pot on. Good thing it's lighter later.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 8:34 am

Morning All!!!

Coffee, eggs and bacon sounds great to me! I'll be working on the 'Ol John Deere F915 again today. I planned to change the filters and oil yesterday but that didn't go right. I drained the oil, removed the filter and while I was waiting for the oil to drain, I changed the air filter. I went to install the new oil filter and it didn't fit! :x

So I guess it's back to the John Deere store today.

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 8:35 am

Thanks for the bacon and Dew, a good match in the morning! Had a beautiful week of weather with record highs, two over 80 degrees. Now back in the crapper for a few days then normal. Thats fine as I need to file taxes anyway today. Have a good one!

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 12:15 pm

Howdy, fellers. Just eating breakfast here at noon. 1st week of 2nd shift in the bag.

On Monday I pulled the plug on the coal. One less thing to deal with around here. Just in time to start mowing again. I broke a shear pin thanks to a good sized rock in the mix - we actually heard the "CLINK!!!" all the way upstairs. So THAT's what that was! Lost the fire trying to get it going again (fed it too much coal too fast), and after glancing at the weather for the week, I said the hell with it, and cleaned her out. Boy, it's a TON more work cleaning out this Highboy than the little boiler I had prior! I couldn't reach anything! Had to tape my wire brush to some conduit. :lol: Also sealed up some spots in the "ash catch" area where I could see light thru the seams from the burn section. Might make the draft even better next season, though I had zero problems with that with this unit. I was AMAZED at the lack of flyash in the pipe after a 5 month run! Figured it would be half plugged - wasn't even a half inch deep in there! SWEET design!

The current project is to cut up some 1" foam board I bought and cover the boiler. Figured I could do this before work this week, but so far I managed to mark TWO places on the board. Got no time at all. I did manage to install the foam pipe insulation that arrived mid-week, so that's something. House was friggin 78° yesterday - I need to cover that thing. Plus oil hasn't got any cheaper lately ...

Hit 90° here, and 95° in the city yesterday! I got to enjoy about 45 minutes of it on the way in. Naturally, it's going to rain both my days off. :yes: Enjoy the weekend fellas.
IMG_8170.jpeg

Makes my basement look HUUUGE!! :D

.JPEG | 457.1KB | IMG_8170.jpeg
IMG_8172.jpeg
.JPEG | 548.7KB | IMG_8172.jpeg
IMG_8163.jpeg
.JPEG | 301KB | IMG_8163.jpeg
IMG_8175.jpeg
.JPEG | 806.4KB | IMG_8175.jpeg
IMG_8167.jpeg
.JPEG | 750.2KB | IMG_8167.jpeg
IMG_8166.jpeg
.JPEG | 569.8KB | IMG_8166.jpeg
IMG_8173.jpeg
.JPEG | 461.6KB | IMG_8173.jpeg
IMG_8171.jpeg
.JPEG | 589.1KB | IMG_8171.jpeg
IMG_8174.jpeg
.JPEG | 316.2KB | IMG_8174.jpeg
IMG_8207.jpeg
.JPEG | 532.3KB | IMG_8207.jpeg

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 12:42 pm

Clean hand and fingernail. SHOCKING. What happened to the old Smitty?

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 12:50 pm

franco b wrote:
Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 12:42 pm
He musta used a hand model for that pic.

theo

Post by theo » Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 12:56 pm

Hoytman wrote:
Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 6:40 am
Well, I guess if the sock is full that means FF is sound somewhere. I hate to be a party pooper so I’ll take a cup of that Joe so I don’t offend my friend, FF. If the coffee is like his humor it’ll be a hoot. I might as well take a couple slices of bacon and a couple eggs too. Thanks for the invite.

Going to take my son to my aunt’s house to see if we can get two tractors started that she gave him, a Sato Beaver (Mitsubishi 16hp-3cyl diesel), and JD850. Going to be a good day.
Never happened without some pictures of them machines!!! :yes:

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 2:39 pm

:o :clap: :lol: Indeed Richard!!!!

franco b wrote:
Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 12:42 pm

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Apr. 15, 2023 9:40 pm

Deleted by Hoytman

Return to “The Coffee House”