Basic accounting

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Mon. Apr. 10, 2023 3:30 am

k-2 wrote:
Sat. Apr. 08, 2023 3:19 pm
:lol: Of course to top off an all star cast they would find a guy nicknamed POT HOLE PETE to be in charge of the roads and bridges. Remember F troop anyone ??????
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0666321/

Aw, Melody Patterson died a few years ago....she was 16 on start of F-Troop

Also, long aget F-Troop ended, on another TV show it was revealed that Larry Storch had his own acting teaching company (at least in the TV show)..know what show that was on ?

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 12:53 pm

I didn't watch the whole thing but the deficit and the debt are calculated differently.

The national debt is all accumulated outstanding national debts. The one thing it does not include is liabilities like promised future payments to medicare/SS recipients, about 45 trillion.

The deficit is calculated yearly by subtracting all federal revenue from the total budget. The deficit is added to the debt. This figure can be very misleading because the revenue includes such things as funds collected by SS.

A great example of how it can be misleading is the reduction in the deficit during the Clinton years. They were riding the .com bubble during those years and SS had a huge surplus. The feds gave SS an IOU adding the surplus to the general fund which reduced the deficit. However the IOU is added to the debt, while the deficit was reduced the debt increased.

While on the topic the cash flow for SS reversed in 2010 and the feds are repaying that IOU in increasing amounts each year. This of course drives both the debt and deficit up even further. Without any changes by about 2030 the IOU will be repaid and the feds will be loaning money to SS.

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 12:59 pm

Richard S. wrote:
Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 12:53 pm
Without any changes by about 2030 the IOU will be repaid and the feds will be loaning money to SS.
And thats only 7 yrs away. When one party tries to propose ideas on fixes the other accuses them of trying to end SS. They want to let it go broke i suppose then blame it on each other. But i dont think raising the retirement age is the way to go.Some of us in construction are shot at 55.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 1:17 pm

k-2 wrote:
Sat. Mar. 25, 2023 2:10 pm
That doesnt really explain the current state of affairs in Govt. Where they pick the people who know absolutely nothing about the product. How would they ever know if the people they are managing are doing anything at all correctly even if their management skills are good. The CEO should know the business inside and out.

Governments do not have to concern themselves with making any products.

After 9 years in civil service, I saw that the rule most used for hiring was, "It's not what you know, but who you know." Does not matter what level of government,... that rule applies, especially as you go up the department ladders.

9 years of daily seeing the incompetence and waste was all I could take. I quit and started my own business.

Paul

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 1:34 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 1:17 pm

After 9 years in civil service, I saw that the rule most used for hiring was, "It's not what you know, but who you know." Does not matter what level of government,... that rule applies, especially as you go up the department ladders.

9 years of daily seeing the incompetence and waste was all I could take. I quit and started my own business.

Paul
Waste is rampant in the private sector also.
The last two days I have been getting solar installed. Yesterday I inquired twice as to why they have their vans running all day. They said when it is cold outside workers go inside to warm their hands. Yesterday was 65*. They never shut off the van. Today I mentioned it again and the worker said to cool off in the AC. I questioned if it was his business would he have the truck running all day. Bottom line is workers don't give a fuch. Five guys here today and hardly anything getting done. They talk to each other a lot. They are not nearly as productive as they could be.

k-2

Post by k-2 » Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 4:39 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 1:34 pm
Five guys here today and hardly anything getting done. They talk to each other a lot. They are not nearly as productive as they could be.
I stopped hiring people years ago and today its contract work only, no more hourly other than my own kids. Its amazing what some people DO NOT get done in an hours time. I Pay my kids by the hour cuz im paying them with their own inheritance anyway. (Dont tell them)

k-2

Post by k-2 » Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 4:40 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 1:17 pm
They dont give much in the way of service either. Incompetance in the work place is rampant, from the white house on down.
Covid did more than kill people. The survivors got lazy and dumb.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 5:09 pm

k-2 wrote:
Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 4:39 pm
I stopped hiring people years ago and today its contract work only, no more hourly other than my own kids. Its amazing what some people DO NOT get done in an hours time. I Pay my kids by the hour cuz im paying them with their own inheritance anyway. (Dont tell them)
Hire me K-2. For a measly $250K I won't do any work but I'll look good doing it !

k-2

Post by k-2 » Sun. Apr. 23, 2023 11:07 am

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 5:09 pm
Hire me K-2. For a measly $250K I won't do any work but I'll look good doing it !
If your not going to do any work i may as well pay myself the 250K for not working . As of now i pay myself so much less for working constantly.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Mon. Apr. 24, 2023 12:59 am

k-2 wrote:
Sun. Apr. 23, 2023 11:07 am
If your not going to do any work i may as well pay myself the 250K for not working . As of now i pay myself so much less for working constantly.
Hey now, that's my job !

Return to “The Coffee House”