Picture of East Palestine train derailment

theo

Post by theo » Tue. Feb. 14, 2023 10:04 am

Not far from me, about 20 miles. That town needs prayers for all the people. One h@ll of a site.
east palistine.jpg
.JPG | 149.3KB | east palistine.jpg

nut
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glacier Bay
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: electric

Post by nut » Tue. Feb. 14, 2023 10:08 am

Good time to go on vacation or go visit family out of town.

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Tue. Feb. 14, 2023 10:42 am

Be sure to click on read full conversation to get all the information …..

https://twitter.com/KanekoaTheGreat/status/162521 ... wsrc%5Etfw

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Tue. Feb. 14, 2023 4:41 pm

Toxic chemical ? What chemical(s) I wonder.

Biden will send over a balloon.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Tue. Feb. 14, 2023 9:07 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Tue. Feb. 14, 2023 4:41 pm
Toxic chemical ? What chemical(s) I wonder.

Biden will send over a balloon.
The balloon has a laptop in it.

carlherrnstein
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: combustioneer model 77B
Coal Size/Type: pea stoker/Ohio bituminous

Post by carlherrnstein » Tue. Feb. 14, 2023 11:25 pm

theo wrote:
Tue. Feb. 14, 2023 10:04 am
Not far from me, about 20 miles. That town needs prayers for all the people. One h@ll of a site. east palistine.jpg
You might want to get a full physical and cancer screening. If you develop some weird health problems down the road you can "prove" that you were "healthy"

Are the stories of dead fish and sick livestock true or BS?

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Tue. Feb. 14, 2023 11:39 pm

carlherrnstein wrote:
Tue. Feb. 14, 2023 11:25 pm
You might want to get a full physical and cancer screening. If you develop some weird health problems down the road you can "prove" that you were "healthy"

Reading some more on it ... hyped to the max but some truth to it I would guess.

theo

Post by theo » Wed. Feb. 15, 2023 8:23 am

carlherrnstein wrote:
Tue. Feb. 14, 2023 11:25 pm

It's true about fish and animals, how bad it really is i cant say but been reading about in the newspaper's and on tv news. They really dont want people to know the full extent of this disaster

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Wed. Feb. 15, 2023 9:34 am

From what I gather there is very little heard about this from MSM. The way to get attention is for an advert to sell homes and real estate and restrict the sale to people of color.

exwoodburner
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Reading Chestnut
Other Heating: Natural Gas Forced Air Furnace

Post by exwoodburner » Wed. Feb. 15, 2023 9:41 am

I live 20-25 miles Southeast of the site. I work less than 10 miles Southeast of the site. From my understanding the controlled burn took place on 2/6/2023 at around 3:30 in the afternoon. This was done due to the PSV(s) or some other safety device on one rail car malfunctioning causing pressure inside the tank car to build probably caused by nearby fire heating the surface of the tank. This was estimated to be safer than to allow the car to explode and possibly breech other hazmat containing cars that were derailed but otherwise safe. The substance burned off supposedly was vinyl chloride. A total of 5 cars were carrying the vinyl chloride but only one was released and burned. The other chemical that was spilled was butyl acrylate. It is reported that an entire tank car of this chemical was spilled. The train was carrying several other hazmat chemicals but were not released or spilled. I have a very close friend working for the derailment contractor cleaning up the non hazmat train cars. He sends me pictures of the site daily. So far it has been several boxcar loads of Corona beer. Several boxcar loads of canned groceries like pasta sauce and salad dressings and at leased one carload of Ford Maverick pickup trucks.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Wed. Feb. 15, 2023 10:44 am

theo

Post by theo » Wed. Feb. 15, 2023 11:15 am

Just would like to know if any of the "toxic " cars were headed for the new cracker plant? I can't seem to find that out.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Wed. Feb. 15, 2023 11:38 am

exwoodburner wrote:
Wed. Feb. 15, 2023 9:41 am
I live 20-25 miles Southeast of the site. I work less than 10 miles Southeast of the site. From my understanding the controlled burn took place on 2/6/2023 at around 3:30 in the afternoon. This was done due to the PSV(s) or some other safety device on one rail car malfunctioning causing pressure inside the tank car to build probably caused by nearby fire heating the surface of the tank. This was estimated to be safer than to allow the car to explode and possibly breech other hazmat containing cars that were derailed but otherwise safe. The substance burned off supposedly was vinyl chloride. A total of 5 cars were carrying the vinyl chloride but only one was released and burned. The other chemical that was spilled was butyl acrylate. It is reported that an entire tank car of this chemical was spilled. The train was carrying several other hazmat chemicals but were not released or spilled. I have a very close friend working for the derailment contractor cleaning up the non hazmat train cars. He sends me pictures of the site daily. So far it has been several boxcar loads of Corona beer. Several boxcar loads of canned groceries like pasta sauce and salad dressings and at leased one carload of Ford Maverick pickup trucks.
Good hands on review. Hope it all ends well. Any chemical is bad if its a large amount of it.

nut
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glacier Bay
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: electric

Post by nut » Wed. Feb. 15, 2023 11:58 am

theo wrote:
Wed. Feb. 15, 2023 11:15 am
Just would like to know if any of the "toxic " cars were headed for the new cracker plant? I can't seem to find that out.
I was wondering that myself.

exwoodburner
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Reading Chestnut
Other Heating: Natural Gas Forced Air Furnace

Post by exwoodburner » Wed. Feb. 15, 2023 12:17 pm

Just curious if there is any reason we should know where the chemical's final destination was? I'm sure it will eventually be available in the NTSB's investigation report. Those don't usually become available until months or even years after the incident though.

Return to “The Coffee House”