Should your children be taken from you if

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 1:41 pm

k-2 wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 12:44 pm
Both him and his son seem to be the only ones in congress who are consistent in their convictions and the solutions but they are like a grain of sand in the desert. Totally outnumbers by the big spenders promising everything to everyone. We are all consumers but fewer and fewer of us are still producers.
Thomas Massie is the best person in Congress today.

theo

Post by theo » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 1:42 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 1:39 pm
Just trying to present it as it was. Believe me when I tell you I could show worse.
I'll take your word for it! :yes:

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 1:47 pm

k-2 wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 1:01 pm
I sure could use some in my town. In my small coal town busloads of people moving in from Philly and Reading supposedly to get away from the crime but also bringing it with them. My son has had to abandon one of his properties he was rehabbing as it constantly gets broken into and looted and damaged. The city and police dont help at all other than to fine him for the damage. Its a total loss.Were presently trying to GIVE IT AWAY free . Ill take those amish neighbors anyday.
EVERYTHING the left touches, it destroys. Cities, towns, music, education, art, movies ... :cry:

I'd love to live next to Amish! Every single one I met in eastern OH was fantastic!
IMG_9039.jpeg
.JPEG | 488.5KB | IMG_9039.jpeg

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 1:56 pm

Reasons for the thread title to be answered yes. Just quote this and add yours.

If the parents are addicts and cannot care for their children.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 2:04 pm

Lightning wrote:
Fri. Feb. 03, 2023 6:18 pm
My wife and I had to go thru Foster Parenting classes because we needed to adopt a grandchild. Turns out that we got primary custody so we didn't have to go that route. In the fostering classes there were specific conditions that needed to be met. Believe it or not, the child's bedroom could not even be in a basement, finished or otherwise.
A basement only has 1 egress .. hence not a "bedroom". That's why they normally say a basement cannot be a bedroom. One could add an extra egress tho.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 2:11 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 1:56 pm
Reasons for the thread title to be answered yes. Just quote this and add yours.

If the parents are addicts and cannot care for their children.
I would imagine that many addicts can and do care for their children thus your mention of cannot care for their children.
What about a morbidly obese food addict that is raising morbidly obese children? Is that abuse?
What about the mother that thinks her son is a girl and gives puberty blockers and castrates the boy and the judge agrees with the mom?

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 2:16 pm

Lightning wrote:
Fri. Feb. 03, 2023 6:18 pm
My wife and I had to go thru Foster Parenting classes because we needed to adopt a grandchild. Turns out that we got primary custody so we didn't have to go that route. In the fostering classes there were specific conditions that needed to be met. Believe it or not, the child's bedroom could not even be in a basement, finished or otherwise.
The thing with that is if you adopted thru Foster Parenting, all the child's expenses would be paid for by the state. Even College.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 2:17 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 9:58 am
He can be seen in the C10 restoration, spraying paint, buffing paint, assembling trim, too much to list.
Making a kid work on a chevy is cruel and unusual punishment.
When I was his age my mother kicked me out of the house telling me that she did not want to see me again until dinner-time. Called it "Go out and play"

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 2:19 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 2:04 pm
A basement only has 1 egress .. hence not a "bedroom". That's why they normally say a basement cannot be a bedroom. One could add an extra egress tho.
There is a bedroom in my finished basement apartment. It is actually listed as an accessory dwelling with the city. There are two door entrances one is a walkout. There is also a place that is drywalled over that could be pushed out of the bedroom to escape into the garage.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 2:22 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 2:17 pm
Making a kid work on a chevy is cruel and unusual punishment.
When I was his age my mother kicked me out of the house telling me that she did not want to see me again until dinner-time. Called it "Go out and play"
I didn't make him. He was home from college on summer break and I asked him to be involved. It was a very cool project. That kind of experience lasts a lifetime. He knows I didn't know how to do it and he saw the professional results. He knows if he wants to do something he knows nothing about he can do it.
When applying to colleges he wrote about his experiences working with me and got into RPI. When applying for a job he wrote about his experience with me and got a great job.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 2:28 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 2:11 pm
I would imagine that many addicts can and do care for their children thus your mention of cannot care for their children.
What about a morbidly obese food addict that is raising morbidly obese children? Is that abuse?
What about the mother that thinks her son is a girl and gives puberty blockers and castrates the boy and the judge agrees with the mom?
What about....how many questions sure you going to ask? In order of your questions-none of my business, no, the mother should be hung in a town square and the judge should be sent to prison.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 2:40 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 2:22 pm
I didn't make him. He was home from college on summer break and I asked him to be involved. It was a very cool project. That kind of experience lasts a lifetime. He knows I didn't know how to do it and he saw the professional results. He knows if he wants to do something he knows nothing about he can do it.
When applying to colleges he wrote about his experiences working with me and got into RPI. When applying for a job he wrote about his experience with me and got a great job.
If he helped getting a Chevy to run again, the sky's the limit !

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 2:51 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 2:28 pm
What about....how many questions sure you going to ask? In order of your questions-none of my business, no, the mother should be hung in a town square and the judge should be sent to prison.
So a morbidly obese person that lets their child become morbidly obese is okay and not anyone's business.

A person that follows the law and their doctors advice and changes a boy to a girl should be hung in the town square.

Perception. The mother changing the sex of her child thinks she is doing right and now has the law on her side.

I would say child obesity is abuse. I would say disrupting a child's normal puberty is abuse. Adults can do as they please. Somebody has to protect the child and it is not the school or the government.

The sad thing is schools and the government are now teaching that obesity is normal and nothing wrong with it.

In neither case would I want government intervention. I would feel bad for the child. Sorry but not my problem. I want to be left alone so I will leave you alone. The only other problem is that my money is being used to fund programs and feed the obese children that I don't agree with but no money is coming my way for healthy living.

Oh and nobody forcing anybody to reply.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 3:42 pm

k-2 wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 12:44 pm
Both him and his son seem to be the only ones in congress who are consistent in their convictions and the solutions but they are like a grain of sand in the desert. Totally outnumbers by the big spenders promising everything to everyone. We are all consumers but fewer and fewer of us are still producers.
Thomas Massie
It’s not a doomsday clock or a pedometer, though it’s been confused for both.

The copper-cased ticker affixed to Rep. Thomas Massie’s lapel is a debt clock, tracking the country’s debt in real time using a complicated algorithm of the Kentucky Republican’s design — and raising eyebrows in the process.

Since Massie, who has voiced reservations about hiking the debt ceiling, debuted the device in late January, he’s worn it around the halls of Congress, to votes and at an event in his home district. It’s been the subject of dozens of tweets and a handful of news stories. On Tuesday, Massie will don the provocative accessory at the State of the Union address.

“Say what you will about him, but George Santos had a good idea,” Massie said of his embattled Republican colleague from New York. “He said we should all wear one to the State of Union.”

Despite Santos’ urging, it’s unlikely that other Republicans will start appearing in the halls of Congress with similar debt clocks. Production is simply too time consuming.

Massie, who studied electrical and mechanical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, first got the idea around Christmas and decided to order the parts. They include an Arduino ESP32, an advanced microcontroller that he programmed to scrub current and historic debt totals posted on the U.S. Treasury’s website to approximate the real-time debt, which exceeds $31.5 trillion and has hit the country’s statutory borrowing cap.
More at link: https://rollcall.com/2023/02/03/thomas-massie-deb ... the-union/

theo

Post by theo » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 3:45 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 2:51 pm
So a morbidly obese person that lets their child become morbidly obese is okay and not anyone's business.

A person that follows the law and their doctors advice and changes a boy to a girl should be hung in the town square.

Perception. The mother changing the sex of her child thinks she is doing right and now has the law on her side.

I would say child obesity is abuse. I would say disrupting a child's normal puberty is abuse. Adults can do as they please. Somebody has to protect the child and it is not the school or the government.

The sad thing is schools and the government are now teaching that obesity is normal and nothing wrong with it.

In neither case would I want government intervention. I would feel bad for the child. Sorry but not my problem. I want to be left alone so I will leave you alone. The only other problem is that my money is being used to fund programs and feed the obese children that I don't agree with but no money is coming my way for healthy living.

Oh and nobody forcing anybody to reply.
But money is coming your way for being healthy, you dont have medical bills for not being healthy. You have to look at the glass half-full, Also how can you say that schools and goverment are saying it's ok for kids to be obese?

Return to “The Coffee House”