Kill-O-Watt thread that turned into Russian discussion

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Thu. May. 16, 2024 4:50 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 3:51 pm
No, never took "money under the table". For the last 42 years I've owned/operated my own business and all my company payments go through the company bank account. My first accountant, who helped me set up the business, was a retired IRS top agent in NYC and warned me of the pitfalls.

I'm 73 and I've been working and paying taxes since I could get working papers as soon as I turned 15. Before that I did the usual cut lawns, clean yards, paint fences kid jobs. Walked to those jobs until I saved enough to buy a used bike. Worked to buy, support, and fix my own cars and boats.

Dropped out of college and enlisted in the military at age 20 to serve my country when most my age were dodging the draft and involved in anti-war activities.

Since age 15 I've never been out of work, even all through high school. Worked nights and weekends to pay my own college, and never taken unemployment, disability, or any other type of handout.

Never looked to get something with the taxpayers helping pay for it. That's a big part of the reason I don't own an EV or solar panels. What I own is 100% because of what I earned.

I'm on several other websites as a technical advisor giving free car restoration/repair/rebuilding advice to antique car collectors - something that all my competitors charge for, and something that they hate this "bully" for because I teach the do-it-yourselfers for free how not to get ripped off by the greedy restoration shops.

And if you check my other posts, for at least ten years, quite a few thousand posts to help coal stove owners with the coal stove questions on here.

How about you ?

Paul
I claim every dollar I am legally obligated to claim and take every deduction I legally have a right to claim.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Thu. May. 16, 2024 4:52 pm

k-2 wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:16 pm
Iv said it many times,i dont think we should be jumping into every skirmish on the planet with borrowed money when we dont lift a finger or spend any money to protect our own borders and are allowing an invasion of our country while we continue to pour billions into foreign wars. Im sure a small fraction of the hundreds of billions that have already went down the foreign war rat hole would completely solve our border problem. If that somehow makes me unpatriotic ill take that label. For the record i dont think anyone here is unpatriotic, just different opinions. Its just that simple. No need to to be hostile about it ,were all different . Too early to tell which of us is right.
You are not unpatriotic thinking this. I would say most here totally agree that our own borders should be protected. That is a failure of the current administration. As far as helping Ukraine? I have reservations that the $ could be stolen, diverted, pissed away. I still think we should help. All those things are possible. So is the possibility that Russia will keep all their current gains. If Ukraine has not received help, Russia would have rolled all the way through the country and would possibly be moving on to the Baltic states. By doing nothing they would all be under Russian rule and possibly conscripted to fight against other countries. That is the point. To help them fight for themselves. A degraded Russia is good for the surrounding countries.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. May. 16, 2024 5:57 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 4:52 pm

You are not unpatriotic thinking this. I would say most here totally agree that our own borders should be protected. That is a failure of the current administration. As far as helping Ukraine? I have reservations that the $ could be stolen, diverted, pissed away. I still think we should help. All those things are possible. So is the possibility that Russia will keep all their current gains. If Ukraine has not received help, Russia would have rolled all the way through the country and would possibly be moving on to the Baltic states. By doing nothing they would all be under Russian rule and possibly conscripted to fight against other countries. That is the point. To help them fight for themselves. A degraded Russia is good for the surrounding countries.
This ! :yes:

And a degraded Russia is good for all the other places that Russia has been trying to degrade us and our allies in the world for more than 100 years, including most recently interfering in our national elections.

Some in this thread are short-sighted and can only think as far as the USA borders are concerned, but this is not just about us by a long shot. It is about many of the countries we are connected with, both historically, genetically, politically, and especially in this global economy, financially with.

This, let's not help Ukraine is a case of John Dunn's 17th Meditation, "No man is an Island." And if anyone thinks Ukraine doesn't matter to us in here the USA, we have a real simple example right here on this website - have you forgotten what happened to the price of coal ?

Paul
Last edited by Sunny Boy on Thu. May. 16, 2024 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. May. 16, 2024 6:07 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 4:50 pm
I claim every dollar I am legally obligated to claim and take every deduction I legally have a right to claim.
I post about helping others and asked how about you,... so you skipped over what I was talking about and went right for an answer that just involved your dollars. Way to go Ebenezer! :lol:

Paul

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Thu. May. 16, 2024 7:08 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 3:51 pm
Since age 15 I've never been out of work, even all through high school. Worked nights and weekends to pay my own college, and never taken unemployment, disability, or any other type of handout.
Paul
Looks like we all came up the hard way but the honest way. Nothing wrong with unemployment checks, its your money just like SS is. Its not a handout .You pay in regardless if you take any out or not.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Thu. May. 16, 2024 7:37 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 4:45 pm
Look what happened with that Arizona Rancher. It doesn't matter if you get off. A trial or getting arrested can be devastating.
Based on news article he was shooting at a group of people 100 yards away and claims they were warning shots. Appears it's mistrial but that is not self defense. Just to be clear the castle doctrine/SYG laws are not a license to kill. You need to justify the use of deadly force, what they protect you against is a prosecutor second guessing your decision to use deadly force when it's justified. It's a nuance but it's an important one. In states with the "Duty to flee" laws even when deadly force is justified you can be prosecuted for making the decision to defend yourself where there may be other options.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. May. 16, 2024 7:44 pm

k-2 wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 7:08 pm

Looks like we all came up the hard way but the honest way. Nothing wrong with unemployment checks, its your money just like SS is. Its not a handout .You pay in regardless if you take any out or not.
Never needed it. There were always jobs for those willing to work and learn. ;)

Paul

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Thu. May. 16, 2024 7:53 pm

Crimea Strike Destroys Two Russian MiG-31s, Prized S-400 System—Report
https://www.newsweek.com/crimea-strike-belbek-air ... 31-1901349

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Thu. May. 16, 2024 8:05 pm

Russians Outraged as Video Shows Artillery Open Fire from Busy Road
https://www.newsweek.com/russia-video-belgorod-ar ... iv-1901262

If Russian civilians say it..must be propaganda, right?

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Fri. May. 17, 2024 9:45 am

Ukraine's Drones Attack Russia's Only Large Black Sea Oil Refinery
https://www.newsweek.com/ukraines-drones-attack-r ... ry-1901712

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Fri. May. 17, 2024 10:28 am

Ukraine's Two Front-Line Boosts Detailed by Zelensky
https://www.newsweek.com/zelensky-ammunition-ukra ... iv-1901835

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Fri. May. 17, 2024 11:56 am

Putin Ally Vows Two NATO Capital Cities 'Will Also Be Ours'
https://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-solovyov-nato-w ... ar-1901936

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Fri. May. 17, 2024 12:01 pm

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Sat. May. 18, 2024 12:49 pm

Another interesting video analysis of Russian propaganda.

Paul

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. May. 18, 2024 10:19 pm

American Ammunition Has Reached Ukrainian Brigades—And Now Those Brigades Are Blasting Russian Assault Groups
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2024/05/18/ ... lt-groups/

Return to “The Coffee House”