k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Thu. May. 16, 2024 12:23 pm

nut wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 12:15 pm
So what do you invest in now? MMF?
Im back to getting 5% on either treasuries or various treasury funds thru the brokerage. Iv done pretty good the last 3 years with utilities and coal mining stocks even though the big money making opportunities are largely behind us and have been declining for some time. I stay away from the latest fad stocks as well as bitcoin. Anticipating a big correction this year ,could be very big.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:00 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 7:51 am
So you admit to being a Bully on this forum. "Only to people....."
I think somewhere way back in this thread K-2 or someone else, said something about you bullying those that do not agree with you.
You put many labels on those with differing opinion. Your opinions are presented as facts. Ask K-2 to clarify if he agrees with my post above. Ask him if he thinks I am not Patriotic.

"Only to people....." Interesting how you leave out the important detail of that quote.

So, by your logic, since you have said many times that Russia is "justified",... and when it was many times pointed out, you never denied siding with the just four communist dictator countries that voted that Russia is justified, does that make you a communist ? :lol:

Paul

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:11 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 7:55 am
USA government should not be providing disaster relief to states. People need to deal with their own disasters or purchase insurance to mitigate damage.
No entitlements, No handouts, No foreign aid. Go back to what the job was way back when the United States was formed. No FBI, CIA, DEA, No Federal involvement in education.
So how much taxpayer "relief" did you get for your EV and your solar panel system ?

BTW, I happen to agree, but it's seeming like there is some hypocrisy in your post about who should get aid, or am I mistaken, and you gave back all those thousands of dollars' worth of State and Fed credits for buying an EV and installing a solar panel system ?

Paul

k-2

Post by k-2 » Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:16 pm

Iv said it many times,i dont think we should be jumping into every skirmish on the planet with borrowed money when we dont lift a finger or spend any money to protect our own borders and are allowing an invasion of our country while we continue to pour billions into foreign wars. Im sure a small fraction of the hundreds of billions that have already went down the foreign war rat hole would completely solve our border problem. If that somehow makes me unpatriotic ill take that label. For the record i dont think anyone here is unpatriotic, just different opinions. Its just that simple. No need to to be hostile about it ,were all different . Too early to tell which of us is right.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:20 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:00 pm
"Only to people....." Interesting how you leave out the important detail of that quote.

So, by your logic, since you have said many times that Russia is "justified",... and when it was many times pointed out, you never denied siding with the just four communist dictator countries that voted that Russia is justified, does that make you a communist ? :lol:

Paul
You are all hung up on this word justified.
The narrative began that Russia was "unprovoked". I stated that I do not believe that to be the case.
If I said justified so be it. Ask K-2 if Russia was justified. Ask Exwoodburner the same question.

Regardless. Suppose I think Putin is the best living president alive today, what difference does that make? I am not typing all that stuff over but USA should not be involved.
That is my opinion. I don't make all kinds of accusations regarding you because of your opinions.

The bottom line is Ukraine is going to lose this conflict. The sooner they negotiate peace the less of the country will be destroyed and the less lives lost.

I don't care why it is taking Russia so long to win. They will win. The territory they have conquered will never go back to Ukraine. They are running their war like the game of Risk. They have taken areas all along their border and keep moving in. You might think that is easy or nothing to it but it is many square miles.

Furthermore there are every now and again comments about the reason Ukraine.... is because aid wasn't fast enough. In the end, Ukrainians won't be happy the war kept going and all their people are dead.

That is opinion. Better to save life and negotiate peace.

You want to talk about fighting for freedom. Think about what I said earlier. True statement Freedom is you paying for my EV and Solar panels, and Me forcing you to stop eating meat and eat bugs.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:24 pm

k-2 wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 11:31 am
I think we are ignoring our own glaring problems and the steady deterioration of our own country right before our eyes while focusing on the world problems. Might be time to start defending our own country while there still something left to be proud of. We are heading for a debt crisis,a currency crisis and and a credit crisis all at the same time. We cant fix others countries or the whole worlds problems if were being crushed by our own. Or do we ignore it and wait until it too late to save it?
Agree.

But I've been hearing that for 60 years, and so far, I have yet to see that anyone - government or private sector - has actually figured out when "it's too late" is actually going to happen. We've been headed for a "cliff" but strangely, no one seems to know where it is. And according to the "experts", like the many glo-bull warming predictions that we will destroy the world, it should have happened by now. Why hasn't it ?

So, since the fall-off-the-cliff predictions have not happened, and no one can say for sure when they will happen, then the question is,... is there really a "cliff", or is it just another ploy to keep the masses scared and controllable?

Paul

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:26 pm

Hell no I am not giving back credits for Solar and or EV. Why should I? I have taxes extorted from me my entire life. There were years in the 1990's I paid nearly $100,000 in Federal Income taxes.

If there is an income tax credit for energy efficient replacement windows of 30% up to $600 would you use that credit if you installed windows? Would you use and insulation credit if you purchased insulation? Do you put money in a 401k or IRA and take the credit?

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:32 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:24 pm
Agree.

But I've been hearing that for 60 years, and so far, I have yet to see that anyone - government or private sector - has actually figured out when "it's too late" is actually going to happen. We've been headed for a "cliff" but strangely, no one seems to know where it is. And according to the "experts", like the many glo-bull warming predictions that we will destroy the world, it should have happened by now. Why hasn't it ?

So, since the fall-off-the-cliff predictions have not happened, and no one can say for sure when they will happen, then the question is,... is there really a "cliff", or is it just another ploy to keep the masses scared and controllable?

Paul
I heard Coffee has been removed from the CPI because coffee has gone up so much and many citizens drink coffee.
Maybe you have been hearing for years....
Open your eyes. People are spending $2000 on an apartment. $1000 on a car. AI is wiping out jobs. Housing is thru the roof and property taxes are also.
My father supported a family of 7 on one income while my mother raised the kids. They had 2 cars, we had a swimming pool, a boat. Everyone of my brothers bought and paid for their own transportation cash. The same year 2 brothers purchased brand new half ton trucks one Chevy one Ford. A couple years later another brother purchased a 1963 Corvette cash he was less than 20 and already had a mustang. All these brothers had their own first house before 22.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:34 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:20 pm
You are all hung up on this word justified.

Your word that you used many times, not mine. That is why I put it in quotes.
The narrative began that Russia was "unprovoked". I stated that I do not believe that to be the case.
If I said justified so be it. Ask K-2 if Russia was justified. Ask Exwoodburner the same question.

Regardless. Suppose I think Putin is the best living president alive today, what difference does that make? I am not typing all that stuff over but USA should not be involved.
That is my opinion. I don't make all kinds of accusations regarding you because of your opinions.

So, you didn't call me a Bully ?

The bottom line is Ukraine is going to lose this conflict. The sooner they negotiate peace the less of the country will be destroyed and the less lives lost.

I don't care why it is taking Russia so long to win. They will win. The territory they have conquered will never go back to Ukraine. They are running their war like the game of Risk. They have taken areas all along their border and keep moving in. You might think that is easy or nothing to it but it is many square miles.

Furthermore there are every now and again comments about the reason Ukraine.... is because aid wasn't fast enough. In the end, Ukrainians won't be happy the war kept going and all their people are dead.

That is opinion. Better to save life and negotiate peace.

You want to talk about fighting for freedom. Think about what I said earlier. True statement Freedom is you paying for my EV and Solar panels, and Me forcing you to stop eating meat and eat bugs.

I didn't ask you about freedom. But, in trying to dodge the question you answered it anyway. Thanks :lol: /quote]

Paul

k-2

Post by k-2 » Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:38 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:24 pm
Agree.
But I've been hearing that for 60 years, and so far,
Paul
60yrs? Not even close. The world and financial markets just shut down in march of 2020,then before that 2011 then 2007-2008 then before that 2000 before that 1988.
A lot of investments lost up to 90% of their value. It happens regular as clockwork. But none of those times were we 35t in debt. And were about to find out how the next one will deal with that elephant in the room. Yes the market came roaring back after wards for some but it took 20 years for the 29 crash to come back and those were in good times with way less debt. I see a depression coming not just a recession. Just my opinion from what i see happening now and the direction everything is going right now is straight at that cliff at high speed.
Last edited by k-2 on Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:45 pm

Called you a bully today because that is what you are.
You admitted to bullying.
You have called me all kinds of things. Putin loving apologist, communist, unpatriotic... or words to that affect. I say calling people names and false characterization is bullying.

Your facts are nothing more than opinions that you agree with. Stop the name calling and character profiling.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:51 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:11 pm
So how much taxpayer "relief" did you get for your EV and your solar panel system ?

BTW, I happen to agree, but it's seeming like there is some hypocrisy in your post about who should get aid, or am I mistaken, and you gave back all those thousands of dollars' worth of State and Fed credits for buying an EV and installing a solar panel system ?

Paul
Have you ever work under the table and accepted cash and not reported the income? If you have, you should be ashamed of yourself for taking money from poor people that need your tax dollars and me that wants replacement windows. Maybe if you never worked for cash the deficit wouldn't be 34Trillion.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. May. 16, 2024 3:51 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 2:51 pm
Have you ever work under the table and accepted cash and not reported the income? If you have, you should be ashamed of yourself for taking money from poor people that need your tax dollars and me that wants replacement windows. Maybe if you never worked for cash the deficit wouldn't be 34Trillion.
No, never took "money under the table". For the last 42 years I've owned/operated my own business and all my company payments go through the company bank account. My first accountant, who helped me set up the business, was a retired IRS top agent in NYC and warned me of the pitfalls.

I'm 73 and I've been working and paying taxes since I could get working papers as soon as I turned 15. Before that I did the usual cut lawns, clean yards, paint fences kid jobs. Walked to those jobs until I saved enough to buy a used bike. Worked to buy, support, and fix my own cars and boats.

Dropped out of college and enlisted in the military at age 20 to serve my country when most my age were dodging the draft and involved in anti-war activities.

Since age 15 I've never been out of work, even all through high school. Worked nights and weekends to pay my own college, and never taken unemployment, disability, or any other type of handout.

Never looked to get something with the taxpayers helping pay for it. That's a big part of the reason I don't own an EV or solar panels. What I own is 100% because of what I earned.

I'm on several other websites as a technical advisor giving free car restoration/repair/rebuilding advice to antique car collectors - something that all my competitors charge for, and something that they hate this "bully" for because I teach the do-it-yourselfers for free how not to get ripped off by the greedy restoration shops.

And if you check my other posts, for at least ten years, quite a few thousand posts to help coal stove owners with the coal stove questions on here.

How about you ?

Paul

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Thu. May. 16, 2024 4:16 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 5:47 am
The interesting thing is that if you or your family were actually threatened to where you felt you actual life were in danger and you defended yourself against a criminal trespasser, it is highly likely that you would be the one arrested and prosecuted.
You have the right to defend yourself with deadly force in every state. However, in many states law enforcement can second guess your actions because state law dictate you have the "Duty to retreat". Connecticut is apparently one of those states, strongly suggest you lobby your state Congressman to enact Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground laws.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Thu. May. 16, 2024 4:45 pm

Richard S. wrote:
Thu. May. 16, 2024 4:16 pm
You have the right to defend yourself with deadly force in every state. However, in many states law enforcement can second guess your actions because state law dictate you have the "Duty to retreat". Connecticut is apparently one of those states, strongly suggest you lobby your state Congressman to enact Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground laws.
Look what happened with that Arizona Rancher. It doesn't matter if you get off. A trial or getting arrested can be devastating.

Return to “The Coffee House”