Cave Dwelling

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Thu. Jan. 26, 2023 9:13 am

So it finally hit me. Imagine back in the day when people had no TV, or radio. Imagine a regular family or person that is basically just living. That is what they did. They lived. They wake up and go outside to note the sun is shining, or it is pouring rain or?? whatever. They go fetch their water, pick berries, plow fields, shoot game.... whatever. They might have a weather vane on their roof and have concluded that when the wind blows from a certain direction it brings moisture with it. Their closest neighbor is a long way off so they don't get too much gossip. All they know is what they see and experience themselves. They are truly alive and living life.

Now go to today. Nothing but Weather reports, COVID updates, Classified paper scandals, Ukraine..... All this nonsense that should have zero effect on our life has changed what would be a physical living of life into a psychological asylum of reckless, indoctrinated, insignificant, detrimental, information.

The information age is not enhancing our lives.

nut
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glacier Bay
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: electric

Post by nut » Thu. Jan. 26, 2023 9:18 am

And everything is a conspiracy. Isn't the information age great?

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Thu. Jan. 26, 2023 9:19 am

Thankfully it is very easy to ignore that information if you wish. I still enjoy knowing what is going on locally, so I listen to the local AM radio station during the morning.

Take a look and see what you have for locally owned (not the corporate conglomerates) radio stations and give them a shot.

nut
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glacier Bay
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: electric

Post by nut » Thu. Jan. 26, 2023 9:22 am

You mean it can be turned off? Who knew.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Thu. Jan. 26, 2023 9:44 am

nut wrote:
Thu. Jan. 26, 2023 9:22 am
You mean it can be turned off? Who knew.
Like pickles on a burger. :lol:

I will admit it is tough to find local news that doesn't blend in some of the national/global crap you may be trying to avoid.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Thu. Jan. 26, 2023 11:22 am

The best news I get is from an AM radio farm show. Especially on Fridays. They talk about everything that affects farming, which is pretty much everything. Right leaning but they will call a spade a spade. They interview a lot of Congressmen and had Trump on there too. I do tire of hearing about ethanol but the rest is much better than any TV will tell me. I dont agree with it all but its pretty good.

I dont think its possible to live the way the OP mentioned anymore as there are too many rules and laws. Cant do this, cant do that. And you will get caught. And once your caught they watch you more. Other than advances in some of the health care we have moved backwards in living. I would have died when I was 2 weeks old if it wasnt for modern medicine. All we can do is just try to live how we want as much as possible.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Jan. 26, 2023 8:33 pm

A REAL BIG +1 there Rob.

Rob R. wrote:
Thu. Jan. 26, 2023 9:19 am
Thankfully it is very easy to ignore that information if you wish. I still enjoy knowing what is going on locally, so I listen to the local AM radio station during the morning.

Take a look and see what you have for locally owned (not the corporate conglomerates) radio stations and give them a shot.

Idlorah
Stoker Coal Boiler: Allen 700 stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Gibralter MCC
Coal Size/Type: Buck in the Allen and anything goes in the MCC, Anthracite
Other Heating: None, maybe some wood in the MCC in the shoulder season

Post by Idlorah » Thu. Jan. 26, 2023 9:49 pm

I hate it all too, probably why I don't ever watch tv. I just work my 2-3 jobs everyday and go about my life. I could care less about what's going on outside of my life. I just hate the fact that it does effect my cost of living but nothing can be done about that. I always support locals and those around me. I hate the big corporate stuff.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Jan. 28, 2023 7:18 am

Idlorah wrote:
Thu. Jan. 26, 2023 9:49 pm
I hate it all too, probably why I don't ever watch tv. I just work my 2-3 jobs everyday and go about my life. I could care less about what's going on outside of my life. I just hate the fact that it does effect my cost of living but nothing can be done about that. I always support locals and those around me. I hate the big corporate stuff.
When laws, regulations, rules, change, they affect your life. All this climate change is because an ex US VP wrote a book and made a movie about climate change. Was COVID a pandemic? Do you know masses and masses that died from it? It shut the world down. The problem is the news is false and sensationalized propaganda. Telling you, that you cannot go to church, or the market, and to stay home, social distance, mask up, Men are women, Women men, Peaceful protests that cost billions in damages. Today it is no coal, oil, or gas, in Minnesota. The other day it was Supreme Court Justice Nominees that cannot answer basic questions of law. Person in charge of FDA US Dietary Guidelines thinks obesity is a mental condition that cannot be cured by diet.
It is not about living your life, believing what you think and leaving the other idiot alone. The other idiot is making policy that restricts your life. It is no longer about accepting the other person, they are in power and do not accept you.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Jan. 28, 2023 7:46 am

ColdHouse wrote:
Sat. Jan. 28, 2023 7:18 am
When laws, regulations, rules, change, they affect your life. All this climate change is because an ex US VP wrote a book and made a movie about climate change. Was COVID a pandemic? Do you know masses and masses that died from it? It shut the world down. The problem is the news is false and sensationalized propaganda. Telling you, that you cannot go to church, or the market, and to stay home, social distance, mask up, Men are women, Women men, Peaceful protests that cost billions in damages. Today it is no coal, oil, or gas, in Minnesota. The other day it was Supreme Court Justice Nominees that cannot answer basic questions of law. Person in charge of FDA US Dietary Guidelines thinks obesity is a mental condition that cannot be cured by diet.
It is not about living your life, believing what you think and leaving the other idiot alone. The other idiot is making policy that restricts your life. It is no longer about accepting the other person, they are in power and do not accept you.
Ok, you have to stop. Get a grip. Stop complaining about the problem and do something to change the problem. You're going to put yourself into a state of despair. The worry is not worth it.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jan. 28, 2023 7:50 am

:lol: Indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
waytomany?s wrote:
Sat. Jan. 28, 2023 7:46 am
Ok, you have to stop. Get a grip. Stop complaining about the problem and do something to change the problem. You're going to put yourself into a state of despair. The worry is not worth it.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Jan. 28, 2023 8:32 am

waytomany?s wrote:
Sat. Jan. 28, 2023 7:46 am
That is the solution.
Stay in line! Next!
If you can tolerate and or ignore what is taking place in the world, you can certainly tolerate and or ignore what I post.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Sat. Jan. 28, 2023 8:55 am

ColdHouse wrote:
Sat. Jan. 28, 2023 8:32 am
That is the solution.
Stay in line! Next!
If you can tolerate and or ignore what is taking place in the world, you can certainly tolerate and or ignore what I post.
“Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

But, it's still ok to gripe. That is one of our privileges guaranteed in the 1st Amendment. ;)

Paul

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Jan. 28, 2023 8:58 am

Sunny Boy wrote:
Sat. Jan. 28, 2023 8:55 am
“Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

But, it's still ok to gripe. That is one of our privileges guaranteed in the 1st Amendment. ;)

Paul
Not possible to know if something can be changed unless you make the effort to change it. I cannot change being a white 61 year old male. Well some might argue. Some think men can become women. In fact if you say they can't you might be charged with a hate crime or something.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Jan. 28, 2023 9:01 am

Here is Supreme Court Justice Nominee that cannot define a woman.

Return to “The Coffee House”