Where are the parents?????

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sun. Mar. 26, 2023 3:10 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Sun. Mar. 26, 2023 2:55 pm
The gov't does what it does. It sounds like you don't do sec. 8 housing, correct ?
I did section 8. Advertise the property for rent and tenant comes with paperwork. Property inspected and approved. Section 8 apportions and pays a portion or all of the rent directly to LL. Tenant pays balance to LL.

In Connecticut I found you could get more money when renting section 8 then a private party would pay. Private party is one paycheck away from not paying rent. Most know it takes months to evict. Guaranteed rent from Section 8. Private party could easily screw LL.

Anyway I am glad I am finished with that. There is no joy in cleaning entitled peoples filth once they vacate. Too many rules and laws against the landlord.

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Sun. Mar. 26, 2023 3:23 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Sun. Mar. 26, 2023 2:55 pm
The gov't does what it does. It sounds like you don't do sec. 8 housing, correct ?
Not normally. But if a tenant qualifies and has a legitimate reason to use Sec 8, why should i say no. Iv had a single mother who was a welder and could barely make it through the winter laid off every year and HUD started paying her rent until she went back to work in the spring. I like to help those willing to put in the work to help themselves. HUD didnt care that she was doing owner finance only that she kept a roof over her head for herself and her kids.SHe now is a proud homeowner. Thats what HUD should be doing. Its a Bridge(Or should be) not an endless freeway. And yes the Govt pays the LL directly not the tenant.Otherwise the rent would never get paid half the time where the deadbeats are on it.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sun. Mar. 26, 2023 4:06 pm

k-2 wrote:
Sun. Mar. 26, 2023 3:23 pm
Iv had a single mother who was a welder and could barely make it through the winter laid off every year and HUD started paying her rent until she went back to work in the spring.
This is 100% gov't waste.

k-2

Post by k-2 » Sun. Mar. 26, 2023 5:49 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Sun. Mar. 26, 2023 4:06 pm
This is 100% gov't waste.
If HUD can pay the rent for millions of lifers who never get out of bed to go to work,(Which really is Govt waste)they can certainly pay for a few months for the hard working poor who contribute to society and are struggling between jobs. What you would rather see them on the street homeless kids and all ?

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sun. Mar. 26, 2023 6:13 pm

Always remember the kids are innocent. The ladies kids at least saw their mother go to work and buy a home, setting some type of example. Thats something they would have never seen if they had been homeless. She's a decent example of govt aid helping and not just a giveaway.

I remember a program going on in the 90s and I dont remember the name of it. People getting certain types of aid had to do volunteer work. A lot were immigrants from Sudan and Bosnia at that time but many were also citizens. I worked at a job they went too. Many did it and those ones seemed to be trying to find jobs to get off aid. And many never showed up so didnt get paid. I doubt that program or law is still around but I liked it.

k-2

Post by k-2 » Sun. Mar. 26, 2023 6:27 pm

warminmn wrote:
Sun. Mar. 26, 2023 6:13 pm
Always remember the kids are innocent. The ladies kids at least saw their mother go to work and buy a home, setting some type of example. Thats something they would have never seen if they had been homeless. She's a decent example of govt aid helping and not just a giveaway.
If the Govt ONLY helped those willing to help themselves the price tag for social services would be a very small fraction of what it is today. Im also willing to help those who put forth the effort to succeed. And certainly those who will bust their but trying if necessary. Iv once suspended house pmts for many months so a buyer could finish nursing school. They finished and went on to make all the pmts and bought the house.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Mar. 26, 2023 8:30 pm

Totally agree K.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Mon. Mar. 27, 2023 5:14 am

k-2 wrote:
Sun. Mar. 26, 2023 6:27 pm
If the Govt ONLY helped those willing to help themselves the price tag for social services would be a very small fraction of what it is today. Im also willing to help those who put forth the effort to succeed. And certainly those who will bust their but trying if necessary. Iv once suspended house pmts for many months so a buyer could finish nursing school. They finished and went on to make all the pmts and bought the house.
How does government determine who is willing to help themselves? Where does government get the money to "help" people? Cut off all funding and let people like you help all you want. Helping should not be forced on those that do not share the "helping" sentiment. Government extorts money from citizens to do with as it pleases.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Mar. 27, 2023 8:35 am

C, if you don't understand what K said--nothin will change your mind, which I find kinda sad.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Mon. Mar. 27, 2023 10:13 am

freetown fred wrote:
Mon. Mar. 27, 2023 8:35 am
C, if you don't understand what K said--nothin will change your mind, which I find kinda sad.
Honestly I don't understand what he is saying. At first he considers himself a landlord. A landlord has tenants. Then he says all but one property is being purchased by the occupants. That seems to indicate that he is owner financing. I do not think HUD gives money to property owners that are behind or cannot make payments. But that doesn't really matter. If K wants to let people live in the home he is selling to them without making payments for whatever reason and chooses to not foreclose that is his business. I do not understand HUD helping an out of work welder make house payments every winter. That is what unemployment insurance is for. Anyway I suspect he has a can of worms and might face IRS or other issues at some point but I hope that is not the case.

If you cannot understand that the government extorts money, (obtain (something) by force, threats, or other unfair means), from taxpayers and uses it for things that most taxpayers would not agree with then I feel sorry for you.

People grew up on the dole and live cradle to grave on the dole. They have children to enhance their lifestyle and get more doled out to them.

If K suggests that only those trying to better themselves should get any help, I ask who defines that? My guess is that is how this entire entitlement scenario started.

If there are any entitlements that a person is entitled to get then by all means they would be a fool not to maximize their entitlements. That is no different than taking any tax break available.

The problem is there are too many entitlements and it is not sustainable in a free market economy and entitlements create a false value for goods and or services. When something is guaranteed or mandated the price gets inflated.

I understand his sentiment but do not see a way that government can or will only give benefits to those that are truly in need and once again how does government determine who is truly in need.

k-2

Post by k-2 » Mon. Mar. 27, 2023 11:00 am

ColdHouse wrote:
Mon. Mar. 27, 2023 10:13 am
I understand his sentiment but do not see a way that government can or will only give benefits to those that are truly in need and once again how does government determine who is truly in need.
The Govt dont have to determine anything, all they would have to do is make these programs temporary and conditional. I have been landlord for 40 yrs. Im trying to get out of being a LL by selling vacant properties and financing sales of occupied rentals. Very common ,called rent to own. All the tenants and buyers i have right now have been with me at least 10 to 30 years. Im not evicting anyone because they get a month behind. I very rarely have to use any Govt programs, but when i do the tenant qualifies and thats all that matters. The welder girl didnt not qualify for UC yet when HUD took over for a few months. I dont think she ever got more than few months from HUD and well deserved every one of them. Shes now busy working paying into yours and everyone elses SS fund.Win -Win.
Last edited by k-2 on Mon. Mar. 27, 2023 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

k-2

Post by k-2 » Mon. Mar. 27, 2023 11:08 am

ColdHouse wrote:
If you cannot understand that the government extorts money, (obtain (something) by force, threats, or other unfair means), from taxpayers and uses it for things that most taxpayers would not agree with then I feel sorry for you.
People grew up on the dole and live cradle to grave on the dole. They have children to enhance their lifestyle and get more doled out to them.
We are all in complete agreement that this should not be happening ,but BOTH parties keep it going. Just another thing in a long list of things 80% of the country dont want,say they dont want but never change. Just like our wide open Border. But still no reason why those that deserve some help a very small % of the time should not get any if the program to help them exists.
Last edited by k-2 on Mon. Mar. 27, 2023 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

k-2

Post by k-2 » Mon. Mar. 27, 2023 11:22 am

ColdHouse wrote:
The problem is there are too many entitlements and it is not sustainable in a free market economy and entitlements create a false value for goods and or services. When something is guaranteed or mandated the price gets inflated.
Completely agree. Govt is not there to function as a forced charity. Charity should be 100% voluntary.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Mar. 27, 2023 11:29 am

I agree on "who decides" EX:--Got a friend who worked for DSS she was mandated ( by boss) To just let people slide through no matter what!!! She quit after a month!!! As far as the landlord thing, I'm sure K understands all that better then you or me. As far as govt. extorting!!! "WE the PEOPLE" have allowed that to happen over MANY years!! Now that a bunch of people
have had their eye's opened, we'll see where that takes us.
ColdHouse wrote:
Honestly I don't understand what he is saying. At first he considers himself a landlord.

YEP!!!!!! generational!!!! Again--we have allowed that!!! :evil:
We'll see what happens over the next 18 months

YEP, generational
If there are any entitlements that a person is entitled to get then by all means they would be a fool not to maximize their entitlements. That is no different than taking any tax break available.
Yep, Like when they were busting Trumps balls about certain loop holes business wise that HE took advantage of, I do know that HE did not create them--Yep, by all means!!

Way to many & it has gotten incredibly worse over the last 2 yrs!!! What should we do other then voting our individual choices!!! Here's a possibility---armed revolution????????????

Again, "We the PEOPLE" need to figure that out. Once again, I'm watchin all this BS play out & see where we are in 18 mos--my biggest fear is that biden's so stupid I doubt he realizes he/we are headed toward WW 3
Guiess I'm done ramblin!!!!!! ;)

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Mon. Mar. 27, 2023 11:38 am

k-2 wrote:
Mon. Mar. 27, 2023 11:08 am
We are all in complete agreement that this should not be happening ,... But still no reason why those that deserve some help a very small % of the time should not get any.
You know in China they don't even do this; there if you cannot provide for yourself without the gov't help then you die.
Very small % = very big %.
Deserve some help ? I you cannot make $$ in this country, you are literally not even trying.

100% sure that the "welder mom" stops working just to get the free $$$. Not because she deserves it. I know welders .. they weld 365 days a year. When has any gov't program helped anyone? These programs are for votes.

Return to “The Coffee House”