Where are the parents?????

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Fri. Jan. 27, 2023 5:57 pm

warminmn wrote:
Fri. Jan. 27, 2023 4:40 pm
Im sure some of you had this too, but I had classmates and had a distant neighbor's kids that were always bruised up from the fathers beating them and nobody cared. The distant neighbor, 3 boys, all worthless pieces of crap when they grew up. Luckily their dad died drunk one day but it was too late.

There are reasons they check into bruises now, even if they do go overboard with it. It may be wrong now but I dont want to go back to how it used to be either.
Having a mad drunk, abusive father, doesn't normally render great upstanding offspring.

Should a parent be allowed to refuse medical treatment for the child for any reason?
Would you vaccinate a child against COVID?
If you don't vaccinate against COVID and child acquires it and dies from it, should you go to jail?
Why does the body develop a fever?
Should you give medication to reduce the fever?
If you let a 10 year old kid ride a motorized dirt bike and they crash and die or get disabled, should you go to jail?
Can you bring your child water skiing, tubing, kneeboarding, boating, fishing, rock climbing, ride a horse.....?
If you install a coal stove with no permit and your child dies from carbon monoxide poisoning even though you have carbon monoxide detectors, should you go to jail? Does it matter that you had no permit?
If you only heat your home to 60 or do not use AC in the summer is that abuse?
If your kid is getting fat and you lock the fridge and cabinet and restrict their intake is that abuse?
What if you make them sit at the table until they finish their green beans?
There are so many things that are subjective. All it takes is one judge to think you did something wrong.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Fri. Jan. 27, 2023 6:35 pm

I understand the point you are driving at. Luck or faith? Free will or destiny? I don't know.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Fri. Jan. 27, 2023 6:53 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Fri. Jan. 27, 2023 6:35 pm
I understand the point you are driving at. Luck or faith? Free will or destiny? I don't know.
Imagine you have a person that says obesity is a brain issue and they are in charge of USDA diet guidelines. You have a fat kid and put him on a diet and the government tells you that is abuse and take your kids away and send you to jail.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Fri. Jan. 27, 2023 6:59 pm

I guess thats all a little too gloom and doomy for me. I just dont think its like that, at least in large numbers. The judges do have power but also have to follow laws.

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Fri. Jan. 27, 2023 7:03 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Fri. Jan. 27, 2023 6:53 pm
Imagine you have a person that says obesity is a brain issue and they are in charge of USDA diet guidelines. You have a fat kid and put him on a diet and the government tells you that is abuse and take your kids away and send you to jail.
My kids are the only thing in my life that I would fight for until my death. There would be a movie made about me in the future. They say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Take my kid if you want to see a show.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Fri. Jan. 27, 2023 7:09 pm

warminmn wrote:
Fri. Jan. 27, 2023 6:59 pm
I guess thats all a little too gloom and doomy for me. I just dont think its like that, at least in large numbers. The judges do have power but also have to follow laws.
You mean these judges?

warminmn

Post by warminmn » Fri. Jan. 27, 2023 8:01 pm

First video was entertaining as she didnt seem very bright. 2nd one a little more normal but they both seemed to be twisting things like lawyers do. im sure there are many more good judges than bad.

Would you rather get arrested for serious crime in, lets say 90% of other countries or the USA? I'll take my chances here. It may not always be 100% fair but we still have one of the best court systems in the world. Sure mistakes are made. Like I said its just too gloomy and doomy or me. Its still a good country here. Whats happening now will all change in 2 years or 6 years or 10. Thats how it works here. Constant change. Take the good with the bad. Nobody gets 100% of what they want. Im not packing my bags for Mexico yet.

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Fri. Jan. 27, 2023 8:12 pm

warminmn wrote:
Fri. Jan. 27, 2023 8:01 pm
First video was entertaining as she didnt seem very bright. 2nd one a little more normal but they both seemed to be twisting things like lawyers do. im sure there are many more good judges than bad.

Would you rather get arrested for serious crime in, lets say 90% of other countries or the USA? I'll take my chances here. It may not always be 100% fair but we still have one of the best court systems in the world. Sure mistakes are made. Like I said its just too gloomy and doomy or me. Its still a good country here. Whats happening now will all change in 2 years or 6 years or 10. Thats how it works here. Constant change. Take the good with the bad. Nobody gets 100% of what they want. Im not packing my bags for Mexico yet.
Mexico is probably better than Canada. Cept no reason to burn coal in Mexico.

warminmn

Post by warminmn » Fri. Jan. 27, 2023 9:49 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Fri. Jan. 27, 2023 8:12 pm
Mexico is probably better than Canada. Cept no reason to burn coal in Mexico.
Ive never been to either one. Saw Canada once but didnt cross the border. Im as far from Canada as you can be in my state. I'd think Canada would be much much better, but maybe theres a small town somewhere in Mexico stocked well with American beer :lol:

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Jan. 28, 2023 7:50 am

Who's the board member from Canada? He was talking about all the craziness during covid. Dunno,probably can be.more remote in Canada, but in Mexico with a little$, can live high on the hog.

warminmn

Post by warminmn » Sat. Jan. 28, 2023 9:26 am

He hasnt posted in a long time. Hopefully he is fine.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Wed. Feb. 08, 2023 7:34 pm

The Idaho School Boards Association (ISBA) has directed public school districts in the state to prevent employees from disclosing student requests to change their names and gender to parents.

The Buhl, Challis, Marsh Valley, Middleton, and Wilder school districts have”Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation” policies that state that employees who violate a student’s confidentiality on LGBTQ issues risk being demoted or even fired.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sun. Mar. 12, 2023 4:01 pm

Proposed Bill in Illinois Creates Criminal Offense of ‘Parental Bullying’ for Routine Discipline of Children.

Bill HB0029 states:

Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Creates the offense of parental bullying. Provides that a parent or legal guardian of a minor commits parental bullying when he or she knowingly and with the intent to discipline, embarrass, or alter the behavior of the minor, transmits any verbal or visual message that the parent or legal guardian reasonably believes would coerce, intimidate, harass, or cause substantial emotional distress to the minor. Provides that parental bullying is a petty offense. Provides that if a person is convicted of parental bullying, the court shall order that person to pay for the costs of prosecution and that a portion of any fine imposed, as determined by the court, be placed in escrow for the purchase of a certificate of deposit for use by the victim when he or she attains 18 years of age.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Mar. 12, 2023 4:43 pm

The key word being PROPOSED--Keep us updated C.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sun. Mar. 12, 2023 7:10 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Sun. Mar. 12, 2023 4:43 pm
The key word being PROPOSED--Keep us updated C.
You have a keen eye for words!
Nevertheless, it gives a sense of which way the wind is blowing.

Return to “The Coffee House”