Freddy's Coffee House 31Dec2022-2022 Closer Edition!!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Dec. 31, 2022 4:47 am

Greetings,Salutations,Congratulations And "Conflatulations My Coal Faithful..!! Now That Right There Is A Complete Mouthful For Ya's..!!
Whether You've had to push it,pull it or drag it to the line,You've made it to the end of 2022..!! For some,it's been a Task akin to climbing Mount Everest. For Others,not so much.. In keeping Freddy's Coffee House open for All,You're Welcome to bring Yourself in,sit Yourself down,and enjoy a True Down-Home Hospitality that's never altered,doesn't falter..!! We've got room for All,and Our Tables have got the surface area for all of Your Stories from 2022,and Your Humble Thoughts and Well Wishes for 2023..!! I won't bore Ya's with Today's Menu,as You Know You're going to get it "Hot,Fresh,Homemade,With A Coalbucket O'Love From The Gnarliest Crew Of "Lovable Flushables" ever assembled..!! As a "Simple Student Studying At Freddy's University Of Hospitality",I've been Trained to bring You "The Best Of Freddy's Down Home Mainah Coffe House Hospitality"..!! No Scripted Nor False Mularkey Service here,Gang..!! We're just damned glad to have Ya'..!! In closing,bring it All In,and bring it on..!! Eh,bye Da' way,today only,please help my "Long-Suffering Bride,Julie,and I Celebrate Our 34th Wedding Anniversary today..!!
In closing,if You're going to make it happen in 2023,Make It Genuine,Make It Your Own,Give A Damn And Hoist All Your Canvas To Sail Full Force Into The Jaws Of A Personal Storm,Or The Damn Near Paralyzing Beauty Of A Personal Sunrise... All The Best To You And Yours,And If Freddy's Dropping By,I'll Let Him Issue The Standard "Mainah Coal Family Exit Blessing" To You All....!!!

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Dec. 31, 2022 6:42 am

Amen to that opening HB! Mrs Julie needs a medal LOL. Congratulations. Scrambled eggs with diced up ham should get us going today. What a difference a week makes in the weather department. Can’t wait for pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, and fresh baked rolls one of my favorite things to eat! Have a Happy New Year guys!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Dec. 31, 2022 6:49 am

Happy ANNIVERSARY HB & Julie!!! ;) She's gotta be damn PROUD of herself!! :lol: Yep, another yr. is ready to come & mostly GONE with the old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o Outstanding B-fast choice---THE BEST in fact. Stay safe people!!! :)
Last edited by freetown fred on Sat. Dec. 31, 2022 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Sat. Dec. 31, 2022 6:50 am

My condolences to Julie.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Dec. 31, 2022 6:52 am

Mornin'
It's a year-end 'closer' here, HB.....many more to you and Julie!!!! I'll toast to that with a side of Bailey's with my coffee.....and then, go throw some wood in the Yukon......with these OAT's.....the Harman will get 6 or 8 days off....amazin'....no snow...mid 50's temps......just maybe we'll have some black rocks left over at the end of the heating season!
A Healthy, Happy New Year to all!
Cheers

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Dec. 31, 2022 8:45 am

Congrats to Mr and Mrs HB!

The forecast doesnt look cold for a while, MN cold anyway. Ive got a heck of a lot of rabbits here chewing on all my trees so looks like I'll be eating rabbit for the new year, lol I like a few around but I must have a dozen. Thats all i have going on here. Happy New Year!

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Dec. 31, 2022 9:00 am

Congrats H.B. and Ms. Julie!

Well the weather took a bite out us here this weekend, just a bunch of congested mouth breathers we are and a sorry looking lot at that. So we'll just probably slide into the new year, but gardening season is coming so get the seed catalogs out and start planning, that's a low stress activity.
Happy New year everyone!

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Sat. Dec. 31, 2022 9:23 am

Good morning!
Home made sauerkraut here for Mom and I and anyone else that wants some. Giving some to my neighbors, saving some to cook with the roast and the rest going to can today. Canned the other crock a few weeks ago and it was oh so good! The pork roast is just over six pounds and I paid 6 dollars for it.
The potatoes are from our garden!

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Dec. 31, 2022 10:04 am

Happy anniversary HB!

lzaharis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KAA-4-1 dual fuel boiler
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: former switzer CWW100-sold
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: kerosene for dual fuel Keystoker/unused

Post by lzaharis » Sat. Dec. 31, 2022 10:15 am

Happy Anniversary Bob + Julie.

coalfan
Hand Fed Coal Stove: ds circultor1500 \chubby coal stove
Coal Size/Type: nut/ pea ant.some bit.
Other Heating: kerosene\cold nat. gas

Post by coalfan » Sat. Dec. 31, 2022 10:23 am

CONGRATS hb,and the misses !!! happy new year to all !!!!!!!!!!

Jkohanski
Stoker Coal Boiler: ahs s260
Coal Size/Type: pea
Other Heating: fuel oil

Post by Jkohanski » Sat. Dec. 31, 2022 2:12 pm

Happy anniversary, and happy new year to all. Coffee is brewed, getting ready to replace washing machine, old one done, so my new year will be spent fixing things.

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Sat. Dec. 31, 2022 3:52 pm

Happy anniversary HB and Mrs.! Very nice end of the year post!

Today would be my mother's 99th b-day. She made it to 91. Her holiday time b-day flew under the radar much of her life.

Pre roasting an 8 lb. pork roast now. Lincoln, that $1 a lb. pork roast can't be beat. Thought I did good with a Leidy's from MarLin at $2.00. Kraut and spuds tomorrow.

Fairly warm for the next 5 days. Crazy coal consumption has slacked off. Happy New Year to all!

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Dec. 31, 2022 11:16 pm

Bob.... Julie.... Great job! Keep on tuggin' & pushin'. You'll find smiles at 'most every corner. If ya don't, you'll smile when you make it through the next mess. Here's to many more! Hip Hip, Hooray!

Ayuh... The Coal Family Exit Blessing. May your coal bin always have a spare ton. May your fire fire dance the Blue Ladies into the next year and may there always be the love of family in your heart. & Remember.... it doesn't take blood to make family.

OK folks, reach behind, grab your butt & pull forward! May 2023 be better than you expect and more than you deserve. Happy New Year!

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sun. Jan. 01, 2023 12:14 am

Dang Freddy, now thats poetry!

Return to “The Coffee House”