Freddy's Coffee House 12Nov2022

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Nov. 12, 2022 4:23 am

Down Come Da' Temps,Out Comes Da' Coffee!! Good Morning,Gang! After being monsooned by the remnants of Hurricane Nicole,it's time to go "Into The Dumper" and receive Colder Air that's gonna promote a healthy dose of "Ohio White"! That's Lake Effect Snow" for those of you not well versed and stained by my Lingo!! Come on in,grab a Hot Cup of Joe and sit down!! We do "Veterans Weekend" here. We kinda figured they're worth more than just a day! Soo,while you're busy helping out with all that,don't forget to try out Our Cornbread with Sausage Gravy! Just a Thought!! Toodles,Gang!!

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Nov. 12, 2022 4:53 am

Good morning guys, HB thanks for opening up! Monsoon for sure yesterday. Corn bread…yum. I’ll get the bacon frying. I suppose it’s time to give the Hitzer a wake up today, cold weather is arriving here. Hope everyone has a good weekend, take it anyway you can!

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Nov. 12, 2022 5:36 am

Morning All!

I wish we had some cold weather down here HB. It's about 65 here at 0530 with Tropical due points! I have to resist the urge to turn the AC back on. It is November, right? :what:

Ziggy and I are headed out to Shippensburg this morning to visit Orbie Peply again. I wonder what goodies we will come home with today?

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Nov. 12, 2022 6:47 am

Mornin'
Good coffee HB, thank you..........70* here with Nicole passin' through!!!!!!! Yesterday, I put a bunch of wood in the basement for next week, gonna get cold.
Veterans.....it was our day yesterday, and, I'm proud to see many of the young joining the ranks to defend this country, as we did........thank you all for your service.
Stay healthy, gang!!!!!
Cheers

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sat. Nov. 12, 2022 7:05 am

Finally get a Saturday off. Figured I'd sleep in, woke up at 530. Perc'ed some coffee. Our youngest #7 Lillian is being Baptized later this morning. Been running the stove on and off. Been pretty warm the past few days here. Been using a little wood,and coal on the overnights under 40. Slowly preparing for the holidays. Been posting a lot of stoves and stuff in the Craigslist finds. Hopefully this is helpful to some folks. Been talking a lot at the Fire Dept about what we may encounter this winter in terms of people doing stuff to try and stay warm and the subsequent issues, fires,frost bite, frozen pipes. Take care, stay warm!

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Nov. 12, 2022 8:35 am

Cold is here for good and its snowing. Cornbread and bacon does it for me!

I have a small pile of ash to split and some well house winter stuff to do but it wont take long. Its deer season here and cold so I can watch the hunters drive by all day. Its hard deer hunting on flat open land with shotguns so they are mostly just wasting gas.

Looks like a couple of you have an interesting day going on. Have fun!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Nov. 12, 2022 5:26 pm

That's about what we're lookin at HB--thanx for opening up--just noticed the back wall of my over-hang where I have a ton & 1/2 or 2 of bagged BLASCHAK stacked--is no more--have to check into that tomorrow-- :o :lol: Did a lot of Amish runnin around today. Yep my supplemental income!! ;) I guess I'm as ready for the cold & white stuff as good as possible in this 200 yr post & beam farm house. :D Enjoy people.

ASea
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120

Post by ASea » Sat. Nov. 12, 2022 6:26 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Sat. Nov. 12, 2022 5:26 pm
That's about what we're lookin at HB--thanx for opening up--just noticed the back wall of my over-hang where I have a ton & 1/2 or 2 of bagged BLASCHAK stacked--is no more--have to check into that tomorrow-- :o :lol: Did a lot of Amish runnin around today. Yep my supplemental income!! ;) I guess I'm as ready for the cold & white stuff as good as possible in this 200 yr post & beam farm house. :D Enjoy people.
Soon the Hitzer will be flexing it's muscles! Have you ever watched a Youtube Channel called Just a Few Acres? He's not far from you in Lansing.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Nov. 12, 2022 7:13 pm

She will indeed!!! A--everything's far from me & that's the way I like it!!!! Lansing is about 1 1/2 hrs from here. BUT, I'll check out U-tube--thanx. :)

ASea

Post by ASea » Sat. Nov. 12, 2022 8:12 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Sat. Nov. 12, 2022 7:13 pm
She will indeed!!! A--everything's far from me & that's the way I like it!!!! Lansing is about 1 1/2 hrs from here. BUT, I'll check out U-tube--thanx. :)
I'd love to be in Upstate NY or Maine. Except the crazy Governors! Though we've got one here in MA now too.

Return to “The Coffee House”