Post by nut » Sun. Oct. 23, 2022 6:29 pm

:yes: NL champs
Now if the Yanks can win 4 in a row we will have a series. :o

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sun. Oct. 23, 2022 10:31 pm

Theres not a lot of sports fans here but a few. I dont have paid tv so its AM radio listening to the Twins lose most the time and Fox tv on the weekends so I dont know baseball players very well anymore. But if the Yankee's make the Series i 100% guarantee I will be cheering for the Phillies! lol Im mostly a Twins, Cubs fan, underdog teams. I smile anytime the Yankees or the Green Bay Packers football team lose. :D

That said I like Judge as long as he stays off the steroids and i liked a lot of their past players also. Its not the players but the team i dont like.

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Mon. Oct. 24, 2022 3:39 am

I've been a lifelong Phillies fan and I'm a real happy camper right now. I've barely followed them this year, but when they somehow managed a wild card slot, I was all in. Remember well the 1980 and 2008 world series champ seasons. The 1980 Nat. league pennant playoffs that year with the Nat. league Astro's were the best baseball games I ever watched. One of the Phila. stations used to rerun some of those games from that 1980 pennant playoff for decades. Still have my '80 series champ beer stein. Used to get to a good many games in Phila. in the 70's to late 80's, especially when Carlton was pitching. Two of their minor league teams are near me. AA Reading Fightin' Phils (formerly Reading Phillies) and the AAA Lehigh valley Iron Pigs. The Pigs were moved down some years ago from Scranton/W-B Red Barons, who were moved there from Maine. Many of the stars of great Phillies teams in the late 70's and early 80's started in Reading. Schmidt, Luzinski, Bowa, etc.

Got to admit I was also a Baltimore Orioles fan as a kid. Lived in York County, Pa. then. I got down to the old Memorial stadium as much as possible. Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Boog Powell and Palmer. Usually had good seats, but a kid under 12 could get a bleacher (yes, they had bleachers) seat for 35 cents. For a major league ball game! The glory days when baseball was a poor man's sport.

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Mon. Oct. 24, 2022 8:13 am

Seems like an impossible journey with and improbable group of up till now incompetent nitwits but I'll take it. The more I criticize them the better they do. Hope they do better than the Yankees.

Return to “The Coffee House”