Pleasant Fall coffee 10/22/22

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 6:43 am

The sock is full, coffee is hot! Come on in and enjoy the company. After a taste of winter looks like some great temperatures for the next week. Normal fall chores for me this weekend, vacation next week so that’s always good. I’ll get us full with the usual staple, bacon and eggs, toast and black raspberry preserves. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 6:48 am

Good Morning Fellow Java Junkies! No,It's Not A Mirage,You Actually Made It In Here!! Yes,It's Saturday!!
Take a break,take refuge for a moment from all the Mayhem that's going on. Get Your Fannies in here and revel in an atmosphere that existed a long time ago...! That's Freddy's!!

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 6:52 am

Todd,Thanx For Opening Freddy's!! I don't know how I missed this! I did find myself logged out,so maybe that's it! Eh,it's what,I get for sleeping in! I'll kindly ask "Da'Mods" to ash can my post!!

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 7:19 am

Ruh-Roh!! Ignore this post,Gang!! Todd was good enough to open while I slept in!! Visit Todd's "Morning Eye-Opener" at Freddy's while I continue to "Shake It Awake"!!🎯☕🌅🤣🤪😂👍😎

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 7:35 am

Yay! Extra coffee!

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 7:36 am

Mornin'
Well HB, I followed you with a post right off the dock!!!!!!! It's out there somewhere......,Todd, I'll have another cuppa, thank you......great weather, guys/gals....enjoy!
Cheers

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 7:43 am

I think raspberry is about the best of all preserves. Toast and coffee for me. My father texted last night and said he had a partial share of beef for me for Christmas. The backstory is we raised 2 pigs this summer, so with them in the freezer and a friend who couldn't take their quarter beef when it was ready added to it. Along with chicken being on sale three weeks in a row, my 2 freezers barely close. I'm going to end up frost bit by the end of the day and we're supposed to hit 68 here today. Enjoy the day and get ready for winter guys.

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 8:25 am

Nice and warm here in the house this morning. 38 outside and 70 in the house.
we are cutting back on energy cost the house was at 74 the last few winters lol.
Got to work on building some canning shelves in the basement this weekend, I'm out of room for home prepared food. Also pulling the garden plants and composting them. have to put the tomato cages and stakes away and wrap up the fence and till the garden and plant a cover crop.
The beets and winter radishes and broccoli are still growing so will leave them be. Also some small heads of cabbage growing back from the plants I already harvested.
Reminds me got to check the Sauerkraut too. Few more weeks till it's ready to can.
Dehydrating potatoes too. six pounds at a time fits in the dehydrator then oven canning them in quart jars. Made scalloped potato slices and potato cubes so far. Got a 50 pound bag of potatoes for 12 dollars.

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 8:30 am

waytomany?s wrote:
Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 7:43 am
I think raspberry is about the best of all preserves.
Oh man yes, my mom made raspberry jam and to this day 50+ years later it's still my favorite. I think I'll have some on an english muffin. Working on some wiring today and hopefully get the rest of the taters dug as well.
Enjoy the day all.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 9:01 am

I love raspberries also! Elderberries are super tasty but too much work for me anymore. The weather is beautiful here also and has been for a couple days. Today is another "getting ready for winter" day. I moved my big full firewood wagon close to the house yesterday. A much harder job than it sounds like.

Something dawned on me yesterday. The over 4 cords of ash Ive cut and will burn this year are all tree's I planted myself! How many people can say they completely heated their homes with tree's they planted? lol I plan to keep cutting this year as time allows and finish the job in the spring. I am pleasantly surprised how well it burns as I had negative views of ash before now. I guess it wasnt cured right before.

Anyway, a pound of bacon covered in a half pint of raspberries sounds tasty to me! Have a good one!

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 3:46 pm

Kinda a sad day a had two horses left that needed a good home and they left today and so I have this huge place all to myself. Wonderful weather and I had been offered an extended stay at an old horse friend of Shelleys in Florida at a place (palace) in the West coast just South of Venice. Yes you guessed it just North of the eye wall of Ian and they lived right on the coast and Yikes, yep, you guessed it. They had to leave the horses as no one would bring a high sided van into that mess once it was realized Ian has headed their way and yes you guessed right again. However, it gets better (or worse).

Once the storm was through Brian and family returned to what little was left and it wasn't much. He scratched his leg on something in that swamp that was filled with chit as the septic tank overflowed and he did put antibacterial cream on it so the story goes. He died three days later in hospital from flesh eating bacteria (Vibrio). They say doxy. or cipro can treat it so I don't know what went wrong. Brian was never a picture of health. I am staying put .... geez.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 4:47 pm

You just tryin to cheer us up Simon---DAMN--sad on your friend. Don't blame ya for stayin put!!! My two colts went off to their winter abode--weird lookin out in the pasture--weird & sad--BUT the lil boys had a real good spring, summer & fall..We'll get a couple more come spring--God willin & the creek don't rise!!! :) Lots of pre winter tinkerin today--she has been a real purty day. Thanx for openin T.
Last edited by freetown fred on Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 5:24 pm

So wading through Sanibel what knows what bugs are there now.

Return to “The Coffee House”