Freddy's Coffee House 1Oct2022

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 01, 2022 5:37 am

Now It's Serious,Now It's October!! Greetings,Burners! Let's Celebrate It With A Great Cup Of,"Hot Joe"!!
But first,let's take a moment out of Respect to All Folks that ran afoul of Hurricane Ian. Most of Us know People that were struck by it.
As for the rest of You"Black Rock Burnin' Miscreants",get on in here,Celebrate Fall,and each other! As always,"Take Care,Gang!!"

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Oct. 01, 2022 6:58 am

Mornin',
Thanks for the coffee, HB........yes sir, October, the start of 'Black Rock' season for many of us........for me, burning some wood in the Harman, it's 'Black Glass' season!!!!...what a 'pita' to remove......but, it is what it is. The Harman burning 2-3 hours in the mornin' keeps out the chill and dampness.........these 'old bones' like heat!!!
Have a great week-end guys/gals.
Cheers

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Oct. 01, 2022 7:17 am

Good morning guys. Thanks for the open HB. Prayers to the ones affected by the storm. Rain here this weekend. Sausage patties and eggs over easy this morning, toast with strawberry preserves. I think I might just relax some with all this rain coming today. Have a great day!

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Oct. 01, 2022 7:22 am

Good morning HB and all,

Some rain and drizzle on and off since last night, we're in the loose bands of what's left of the storm here. I've got some inside work lined up and if I get some time I'll finish putting some pics and all together. Worked on getting some garden seed orders together, I don't normally order till January but given the current state of affairs this years leftover seed in hand is better than fresh seed not available. Big mug of tea for right now, thought of starting the Saey up but not quite ready for that.
Have a good one all.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Oct. 01, 2022 8:40 am

Morning All!

Rainy, Chilly and very breezy here today. No Mowing this weekend! :yes:

Coffee and Amish Sticky Buns for this morning.

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Oct. 01, 2022 8:55 am

Good morning. Cloudy and cool here. I have some homework to do, then I am packing up the truck and going to my brothers for a heating system project. We will be putting both of his bathrooms on separate zones.

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Sat. Oct. 01, 2022 9:23 am

Morning all, thanks HB for getting things started. Heading to the Penn- State game today, should be quite a experience! Have a great weekend folks.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Oct. 01, 2022 9:33 am

Just think HB--a few yrs back, you & your crew would probably be headin SOUTH--I know my Kohler gang would!!! October indeed-- later my friends!!!!!!!! :)

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Oct. 01, 2022 9:38 am

Nice weather here. Looks like I will be splitting a load of wood I cut yesterday and stacking it. Thats getting old quickly! lol Im at about 3.5 cords now. I want about 4 cords plus a little coal for the year but might just keep cutting as Im well over half done. I originally thought there would be 10 cords to cut there but its looking more like about 7.

Have a good one!

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Oct. 01, 2022 9:39 am

Rob R. wrote:
Sat. Oct. 01, 2022 8:55 am
We will be putting both of his bathrooms on separate zones.
Bathrooms should always be on a separate zone... the older I get the more I appreciate :) that.

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sat. Oct. 01, 2022 11:00 am

Amen! I had a retired FF/Paramedic friend lose a vehicle and the contents of his home. Thankfully he and his family are safe. Plugged in the electric Percolator and had a hot cup of coffee while my wife fixed a breakfast. We had eggs with some peppers from the garden,bacon, and english muffins. Swapped out a light fixture in the basement so now we can see down there. Going to my sons deck hockey game and helping to host an outdoor movie night at the Fire Station. We're playing Hotel Transylvania. Should be fun. Back to work tomorrow. I've decided to let that Keystoker slide. I'm going to hold out for something else. If anyone in New England is looking for a KA-6 with the oil backup. It's in Southern VT. I can put you in touch with the gent. You'll most likely need to hire a rigger to get it out of the basement there. God Bless!

Return to “The Coffee House”