Freddy's Coffee House 24Sept2022 "The Whoopie's Done Run Dry Edition"!!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Sep. 24, 2022 3:36 am

Yep,That's Right Gang! I've Done Gone Finished Being "On Da' Lamm" And Exhausted My "Whoopie Machine"!!🤣
As payment for last Weekend's "Puppet Show 62nd Birffday Screamer",I decided to "Renormalize Myself" and get in here rather early! As the Place was found Spotless,Restocked and "Ready To Rock",I decided to Baseline and Re-Season The Griddles to accomodate Our Fall Edition "Combat Rock Cooking Sessions"!! We're kickin' Da' Place into High Gear now that All You Carbonites are gearing up for Our Burn Season! I simply wanted to Thank Da' Dedicated Crew that "Kicked In And Kicked Out" some Fine Coffee And Chow" when my Dastardly Keister played "Birffday Moron" last weekend!! Today's Exciting Menu holds All Your Seasonal Favorites,along with some rather thrilling Pumpkin Bread. Yes,it came from Our Pie Pumpkin Patch out back! Our Staff will apprise You of the rest of what's "On Tap" today as they "Report In"..! As Always,Take Care Gang!! Oh,and as Our "Historical Coffee House Proprietor" Freddy Always Says:"Don't Forget To Hug Your Loved Ones,And Forward We Go!" Truly "Sage Advice" For Any Season,My Friends!!

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Sep. 24, 2022 6:22 am

Mornin'
Pumpkin bread with cream cheese......yum yum....and good, hot coffee...thank you HB!!!!! Burn time it is.....low 40's here the last couple mornin's.....with a strong Northwest wind. Got a wood fire in the Harman MKII for a couple hours to take out the chill......it works!!!! Stay healthy, gang....and have a great week-end.
Cheers

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Sep. 24, 2022 7:47 am

Morning all!

45 degrees here in the South this morning. Cold enough to push some heat from the Axeman in the garage to the radiators in the basement overnight!

Wow, you did get here early HB, it was almost yesterday! :o

Coffee and Punkin bread for me.

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Sep. 24, 2022 8:21 am

Good morning. 45 degrees to start the day, I have the Chubby JR running in the basement and the mini-split handling the rest. It went from summer to fall in a hurry. Our church harvest dinner is tomorrow, and the apple trucks are going by steady. It won’t be long before the leaves are falling.

Attachments

BB05C786-18D7-4348-8C6B-A86F094E5C93.jpeg
.JPEG | 1.6MB | BB05C786-18D7-4348-8C6B-A86F094E5C93.jpeg
8D978210-2957-407F-83E3-11E1C8E43930.jpeg
.JPEG | 1.2MB | 8D978210-2957-407F-83E3-11E1C8E43930.jpeg

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Sep. 24, 2022 8:26 am

Rob, your dog has an interesting coat color. I've not seen one like that before.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Sep. 24, 2022 11:53 am

Cool and damp here with a little drying out later. Had my first wood fire since June yesterday. I already hate it, lol

Not being a coffee drinker I had some warm Mt Dew instead to get my bowels and bones moving at a faster pace...

Its looking like some beans will start being combined next week. My butternut tree's are turning color along with a couple others. Yep, its fall! Thanks for opening the place up HB. Onward we go!

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Sep. 24, 2022 11:56 am

Warm mountain dew, otherwise known as college coffee.

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Sat. Sep. 24, 2022 3:31 pm

If there's any left, I'll grab some pumpkin bread. 42 here this morning with the sickening sound of the oil boiler running. Took a longer motorcycle ride today into the hills of southern Schuylkill county. What a beaut of a day! Third day in a row I got some riding in. Enjoy.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Sep. 24, 2022 3:46 pm

Thanks again HB the coffee is awesome! I’ll take a piece of that pumpkin bread for my wife 😁 , not a pumpkin fan myself 😁
We are camping at Forked Run SP this weekend because its close to our daughters school and its parents weekend, it’s nice to see her as it’s been a while.
Did a short 2.6 mile hike this morning, cooked breakfast, snd now we are having a nice bottle of wine waiting to pick up our daughter.
64BBA224-4D3D-4849-8749-C5196B840F32.jpeg
.JPEG | 848KB | 64BBA224-4D3D-4849-8749-C5196B840F32.jpeg
There is a State Park real close to the school we just check out which is small and rustic without power but not sure I can safely get our fifth wheel to it without tearing the roof off of it😮.
Ok people have a great weekend and a better week to come.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Sep. 24, 2022 7:00 pm

Good show HB--bunch of mowin today--more tomorrow if the weather holds--hopefully last this season--been mid 30's a couple mornings---gonna light the old HITZER up if this keeps up!!! :)

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. Sep. 25, 2022 12:46 pm

Hi dee hey Gang! A day late & a dollar short. normal! Thanks for starting the coffee....it's a wonderful thing.

Well.... we went uptta Camp on Friday to pull the pontoon boat and anti-freeze the cottage for the winter. The forecast showed sunny, breezy and 64 for Saturday. Well, we didn't hear that "breezy" was the edge of hurricane Fiona. When we heard 50 to 55MPH winds for Saturday, we hustled & got the boat out of the water Friday just before sunset....the winds were only 25 MPH then. Friday after dark the winds got stronger and stronger. We had trouble getting to sleep because of the freight-train noise. I got to sleep about midnight, and at 2 AM, KEE-RASH! A medium size tree came down next door. An hour later, after we'd been asleep for 1/2 an hour.... BANG! A big ol' pine branch landed on the roof. No big deal, but then the wind blew it off the roof, it got tangled in the TV wires & conk, conk, conK..... it kept bouncing off the camp until I went outside & removed it from the cable. Sheesh! We got very little sleep the rest of the night. We woke at 6:30 and with 2 or 3 hours sleep, shut the place down & skeedaddled back to home. On the way home about 4 miles from camp, a fire truck was guarding a tree smoldering on electric wires. They allowed us to pass. It seemed a bit chancy to me, but it saved a 50 mile detour.

And this is what "Forward we go" is all about. LOL

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Sun. Sep. 25, 2022 5:28 pm

I hear you, sir. That's how my day went. Thought I was mostly done for the day, looked out the window to see the horses out. Took some time, but we got them back in uneventful. Went out to fix the fence, we use the rope style with stainless steel wires in it. They make a type of clamp to fix breaks with a flat head screw to pinch the wires. that's what I was doing when I slipped and drove the screwdriver into my palm between my thumb and index finger. My wife's an RN, my daughter a CNA, and apparently that means you can torture someone legally. Pretty sore this morning, but it looks ok. Then I got to go back out and finish fixing the fence in the rain this morning. Onward we go.

Queen of Sweden
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood K with gas sidecar
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: Vermont Castings Encore woodstove, Ravelli pellet stove, Rinnai propane

Post by Queen of Sweden » Tue. Sep. 27, 2022 9:23 am

Good Morning. Yes Fiona even had winds whipping in the lakes region....4'-5' waves on Sebago Lake. I've made small fires to season my new Vermont Castings woodstove and they were enough to warm the house up in the morning. No hard frost here yet. Leaves are changing but peak foliage will be in 2 weeks. Fryeburg Fair is the big event next week. Woodsman Day is Monday...if you've never been its a real treat. Bring your appetite to the Fair....so much to eat!!!!

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Tue. Sep. 27, 2022 10:12 am

Mom and I have been canning. Been getting a lot from my garden and got some inexpensive local produce from the local farm stands and the farmers market.
we made bread and butter pickles, this batch has hot peppers in it.

Hot pickled cauliflower

Sauerkraut, cabbage from my garden.

Chili sauce, recipe from the pa dutch cookbook

Chow Chow

Applesauce

Apple Butter

Dill Pickles

And much much more! We froze sweet corn this year, I pressure canned it last year and it lost it's sweetness.
Friends and family tell me the stuff is really good and that I should make more to sell. It keeps mom active prepping the vegetables and fruit. we canned pears too.
My grocery bill was up about another 20 dollars from 2 weeks ago, planning on making the garden much larger next year.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Tue. Sep. 27, 2022 10:51 am

Now Im hungry! Try freezing sweetcorn again. I had some I ate on for years with no taste loss. It shrivels up but then while boiling it gets fat again. I was leaving mine on the ear and cooking it that way. Takes more freezer space of course. But enough of that, good job!

Return to “The Coffee House”