Coffee at Freddys 9/3/2022

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Sep. 03, 2022 8:52 pm

I probably ate that much twice in my life. An all you could eat breakfast while in Yellowstone Park on the lake restarant that is still there. We gorged ourselves on it. We were going on 2 meals a day and that was the first one for 2 mornings. Nothing tastes better when you are really hungry then bacon and it stays with you, at least when young, lol

But your right Fred! Very true.

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sat. Sep. 03, 2022 9:45 pm

I always get the good thick sliced Wrights Bacon for camping trips. Good Stuff! We also buy a pig from time to time and have the bacon slabs smoked. Delicious!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sun. Sep. 04, 2022 10:46 am

freetown fred wrote:
Sat. Sep. 03, 2022 6:21 pm
Outstanding b-fast choice T-- good for supper also :) Busy, busy day here on the hill. Enjoy the week-end people. We got trees startin to turn. I'm ready,
Any updates on the Chevy exhaust project?

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Sep. 04, 2022 11:05 am

Yep--installed cat. set up last Thurs.computer re-set Fri. Got a PRETTY yellow inspection--- YEP, I am one happy old farmer--now it's on to the plow truck--as usual!!! :roll: :lol: gonna replace fuel filter runs along the frame--drivers side--can't remember when I did that last--gotta squirt ether in the TBI & she starts & runs a lil rough.
Rob R. wrote:
Sun. Sep. 04, 2022 10:46 am
Any updates on the Chevy exhaust project?

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Mon. Sep. 05, 2022 9:58 am

freetown fred wrote:
Sun. Sep. 04, 2022 11:05 am
Yep--installed cat. set up last Thurs.computer re-set Fri. Got a PRETTY yellow inspection--- YEP, I am one happy old farmer--now it's on to the plow truck--as usual!!! :roll: :lol: gonna replace fuel filter runs along the frame--drivers side--can't remember when I did that last--gotta squirt ether in the TBI & she starts & runs a lil rough.
That is good news on the inspection.

I had a problem with my old truck starting one time - turned out the ethanol had separated out of the gas! Turns out the engine won't start very well on ethanol & water. I eventually did get the truck started with ether and let it idle until it burned up all of the old gas. Once I got fresh gas in it ran perfect.

Return to “The Coffee House”