Freddy's Coffee House 13Aug2022 It's A Comin'!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Aug. 13, 2022 5:37 am

Good Morning,My Coal Curmudgeons!!
I can't believe that it's 48*,here in "The Hambdens" as I type! Just a small sniff in mid-August of things to come! After a World Record 9 weeks Straight at Camp,I've been Home for 2 weeks. I'll be slithering back today for an overnight,as I've got a washer and dryer to deliver for Our new Laundry Room up there! We've gone Big Time!!
Quite enough about me. Now let's hear about You!! Here,have some Toast and some of FFred's Woolrich Blend to get Your "Scribblin's" started!
As Always,Per Freddy:"Don't Forget To Hug Your Loved Ones,And Forward We Go!!"

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Aug. 13, 2022 7:18 am

Good morning HB et al,
Just finishing up a week fighting the wuhan flu, my boss and I must have come into contact w/ the same person as we both had it simultaneously. Wife is away visiting family in the Blue Grass country so Daughter and I intend to can a bunch of tomatoes today. Gonna try to get caught up on the things I didn't get done and keep moving on. Have a great weekend all! :yes:

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Aug. 13, 2022 8:07 am

Glad you’re feeling better and getting over the China Virus.

God Bless the Bluegrass Country! Lord knows they need his blessings after all that flooding.

Morning gang! Nice cool 56F morning down in this valley today. The smell of heavy dew on the grass, the sound of squirrels rustling through my apple trees along with the sounds of our hens cackling and the sneaking rays of the sun trying to peak through to the forest floor all makes for a morning that feels much like fall.

The wife was up unusually early and has sausage and eggs frying.

Today we travel not far from home. We’re taking a trip to the elk ranch to see some elk. Apparently it’s a drive through farm so it will be interesting to see to say the least.

Right now I’m going to enjoy sitting here in the breezeway drinking some coffee and listening to the waterfall in the creek while I watch for deer up in the woods behind the house. Of course, I’ll have to keep an eye out for a few trying to sneak to our side from across the road. That’s all that’s happening in Shady Holler this morning.

Enjoy your day!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 13, 2022 8:13 am

Mornin people---thanx HB--hey B, did they happen to go to a fiddlers contest held every yr. in Galax, Va???? Yep, 38* here on the hill--sunny & beautiful--off to feed the horsres--enjoy all!!! :)

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Aug. 13, 2022 8:23 am

Its sad when Im in the warm spot but its 66 degrees here. When the clouds leave I'll have to mow as I got behind on that. I plan to do some canoe fishing this week as the temps look nice. Besides work thats my plans. Have a good one!

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Aug. 13, 2022 9:21 am

Morning all!

Slept in today, that felt good. 65 and no humidity in sight for once! :o

Got a little mowing to do today but that's about it.

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Aug. 13, 2022 9:57 am

Hey Don, did you happen to see my post on another thread asking you about water witch’n?

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Aug. 13, 2022 6:14 pm

Not Mornin'
Had a beautiful day at the ocean.......cool 60* this mornin', then breezy and 75* .......watched the tide come in, then go out!!!! No stress there!!! Have a great week, guys/gals.
Cheers

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sun. Aug. 14, 2022 9:14 am

Good morning. I am checking in from the baseball field. 65 here and sunny, shaping up to be a great day.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sun. Aug. 14, 2022 9:27 am

Good Sunday morning friends, Thanks again for the coffee HB.
Another of my weekends to work so no camping but we are making up for it the next 5😎, daughters off to school next Friday so begins a new chapter in the book of life☺️.
Enjoying the cooler temperatures and low humidity here in NE Ohio is just getting me excited about fall!
Ok Friends have a great upcoming week.

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sun. Aug. 14, 2022 10:38 am

Day late and a dollar short. My helpers stood me up yesterday, so I'll have t get the boiler this week. We made a last minute decision to go to Salem Ma for the day. Salem Willows is a nice little old fashioned park by the sea with arcades, popcorn stands etc. It was a nice trip. Thank the Lord for the DVD player in the minivan, our two year old was extremely rambunctious. The older kids are to cool for us nowadays. That boiler is on my mind! I'm waiting to get tossed off this forum for all my procrastination in this matter. I now have a Glenwood 30 without backpipe, and a Glenwood 14 with. The 14 needs grates. The guy I got it from said he was going to have the guy who gave it to him look. Everything is there, no damage, just the grates are missing. He essentially gave it to me. But it's not worth much without grates. Either way, I've been meaning to take a ride up to Lapan's, see what he has, and talk restoration. Coal guy is working on getting Coal in and pricing for this season. Two tons will do the trick if I use the Chubby or maybe less if I get an antique. Currently scheduled to interview for a new job this week. If I leave the old one I'll get to cash out my time and that will be Stove/Boiler Install dollars. Headed out Deep Sea Fishing on the 29th and Hoping for one more camping trip before the cold weather hits. As always lost of irons in the fire and a cup of coffee in the hand! Hope everyone is able to secure winter fuel in these times. God Bless !

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Aug. 18, 2022 4:28 pm

Lil boys continue to grow!!!! :)

Attachments

IMG_0002.JPG
.JPG | 55.7KB | IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG
.JPG | 55.8KB | IMG_0001.JPG

ASea
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120

Post by ASea » Thu. Aug. 18, 2022 5:32 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Thu. Aug. 18, 2022 4:28 pm
Lil boys continue to grow!!!! :)
Hey Fred, are those Belgians? Nice looking animals. I could use some draft horses to drag that Keystoker out of that guys basement. LOL!

ASea

Post by ASea » Thu. Aug. 18, 2022 5:36 pm

Went to get the Boiler today, not so much. Three of us weren't getting anywhere. I'm in over my head. Gonna see about hiring a mover. Those Keystoker's are impressive in how they are built. One solid cast piece. You can plan on having one for life and just replacing components.

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Thu. Aug. 18, 2022 6:37 pm

You want a 'rigger' when looking to pay someone...
They will make it look like child's play...

Return to “The Coffee House”