Freddy's Coffee House 23July2022 "Flip Flops And Flapjacks"!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 6:04 am

Big Time Summer Greetings Daybreakers And Coal Crackers! As most if not All Of Us are firmly in Da' Grip of Summer Heat,along with the irony of Drought and Summer Storms,We gather right here!! Now that Ol' Freetown Fred's re-hydrated,things are looking up in the Coffee House Galley!! Hell,they're actually smelling downright Old Spice fresh!! We're firing up the Flap Jack Machine just to stay in practice. You tell Us what You want,and We'll smash em' out for Ya'..!! Keep Your Coal Projects going and Your chin's up,Gang!! Have A Great One!!

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 6:44 am

Mornin'
Enjoying a cup out here on the deck of Freddy's Coffee House......thank you, HB. We have a few more hot days ahead, then maybe we will get to the yard work.....forecast is 95* today, 98* Sunday.........that's hot!!!!! Find some shade and have a good week-end guys/gals.
Cheers

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 7:16 am

Good morning HB et al,
Mug of Boston Mint for me this morning thank you, passed my final on the addition earlier this week so now it's on to the residential alterations phase of my project namely boiler install time! I pretty much know where I'm going with things so now it's a matter of putting the image in my head into steel on the ceiling and floor :annoyed:. Still gonna take some time as we got the garden and other stuff going, wife canned 15 pints of pickled beats yesterday and then there's corn coming in etc. Stock your ammo and food all, have a good one! :yes:

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 7:18 am

Good morning people and thanks for the great grub HB😎. The last week has been pretty awesome to say the least, we loved the parks we saw, did some decent hiking, saw some nice falls, and drank some good wine and beer.
This weekend we are in the Shipshewana Fremont Indiana area and then back home for a one week break.
Here’s a sunrise picture from Letchworth SP for you to enjoy, have a great weekend and stay safe my friends.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 9:04 am

Morning All!

Not Much go'in on here. This is the Forth, or maybe it's the Fifth?, day in the 90's and more to come. Did some mow'in yesterday, might do some more this evening when it cools down. Just sit'in here with a coffee in hand.

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 9:05 am

Morning all. I'll take a Mt Dew to give me a boost this morning.

Beautiful picture Keep! Sunny here for a while then real bad storms, 70 mph wind they are saying, yuck. So I'll have to get some mowing done before I get blown away. Not much else on my agenda today.

Have a great day and pass the bacon...

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 9:49 am

Good morning. I will start with the bad news. My mom and dad have both tested positive, and are isolating at home. Dad has many health conditions that make him high risk, so he is having a call with his Doctor every morning and monitoring symptoms closely. So far he has a terrible headache and breathing difficulty similar to a bad chest cold. Mom just had a headache and terrible taste in her mouth, no breathing difficulty yet (but she is a few days behind dad). I am hoping they both come out of it fine.

Now for the good news. It is a beautiful day here, 77 and sunny. My oldest son turns 11 today, boy has that gone fast. We just took a ride to get some ice cream for tonight and saw my neighbor was having a huge garage sale. I stopped just to say hi and ended up getting a Klein electric meter that is like new for $10.

4 other boys from the neighborhood are supposed to descend on my house at 3 pm for swimming and pizza. With any luck they will let me have a slice of pizza and nothing will get broken. :lol:

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 10:04 am

God speed to your mom and dad

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 11:25 am

Plus 1 on that!

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 9:10 pm

Greetings everyone it has been a while since I took the time to post here at Freddy’s. It has been an interesting week to say the least. Sunday morning I got a call from the wife to come home because she fell while breaking up a dog fight. We have two dogs that decided a few years ago they were going to hate each other. Sunday’s fight was the result of carelessness on the wife's part when she got them together in the same space outside. She was lucky I wasn't far from home and could get home. We went to M. S. Hershey Hospital ER and I spent 10 hours there until I knew she was getting admitted. Twenty two months to the day she fell and fractured her pelvis on the left side, this time she did it to the right side.

For much of Sunday and Monday the dogs were left separated outside. I noticed the one was extremely dirty on the backside and in some distress so after checking her out she seemed to be urinating on herself and her skin looked terrible and then I saw maggots. So now Tuesday with the wife settled in at the Hospital it’s time to tend to the poor dog who was neglected. Called all over to find an emergency vet that wasn't swamped and ended up driving about 80 miles to have her taken care of. It turns out she was beaten up worse than expected and the long hair was hiding the wounds. I now have a dog shaved from the neck back to the tip of her tail. She looks funny but is now a happy dog on the mend.

The next bit of fun came Wednesday night when I felt like a fever and sickness coming on. As hot as it was I turned all the air conditioners off and crawled under two covers in a ball to stay warm. Around midnight I woke and couldn’t get back to sleep because of aches and pain so I took my favorite pain combo; 1 Advil and 1 Tylenol. After 45 minutes it kicked in and I slept like a baby. I woke in the morning to a wet bed as if I pissed myself but I could not have pissed enough for how wet the bed was from head to toe. Unbelievable night sweats yesterday morning and again this morning. Thursday and Friday sucked with no energy and aches and pains. I started Peter McCullough's Covid-19 OTC protocol just in case and with work scheduled for tomorrow I figured I better get checked out in case I’m not better and need more than three days off. So they tested me curbside and then called to say “you are positive for Covid” Thank you very much. I am already feeling much better today compared to Thursday and Friday. Doctor said I must quarantine 10 days starting Wednesday (onset of symptoms) but if need be I could go somewhere starting Tuesday “but must wear a mask” I said how about to work? She relented and said if I feel good enough to work I could but if not she would sign off on 10 day also. I hope I can work because I’ll need to take some leave when the wife gets out of the rehab hospital in a couple of weeks.

They say when life gives you lemons make lemonade but guess what, if you don’t have water and sugar you ain’t making lemonade.
Rob R. wrote:
Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 9:49 am
Good morning. I will start with the bad news. My mom and dad have both tested positive, and are isolating at home. Dad has many health conditions that make him high risk, so he is having a call with his Doctor every morning and monitoring symptoms closely. So far he has a terrible headache and breathing difficulty similar to a bad chest cold. Mom just had a headache and terrible taste in her mouth, no breathing difficulty yet (but she is a few days behind dad). I am hoping they both come out of it fine.
Rob , best to your mom and dad. Lots of people around here have supposedly had Covid lately but I must say everyone seems to have a different story to tell when it comes to symptoms. I have almost no feeling of a chest cold, just a cough now and then but my oxygen saturation was averaging around 95 yesterday with elevated heart rate (70s) today oxygen is almost normal at 97-98 when checked and heart rate in the 60s. Others complained of terrible coughing and virtually no aches and pains of fever. Go figure. I hope he is under the care of competent doctors and he should come out OK.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jul. 24, 2022 1:28 pm

Rehydrated indeed HB--outstanding b-fast choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Jul. 24, 2022 6:44 pm

On The Health Front,I'm Sorry To Hear All Of This,My Friends... Please Keep Us Posted To Let Us Know That You're Gaining On It..! You're In My Thoughts..🎯😇
Last edited by Hambden Bob on Mon. Jul. 25, 2022 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Jul. 25, 2022 7:41 am

Prayers headed your way Glen.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Mon. Jul. 25, 2022 7:57 am

My dad seems to have turned the corner, and mom is mainly dealing with headache and fatigue. Neither of them have had a fever. On Friday/Saturday dad was using a nebulizer every 4 hours to breath, but yesterday he was able to extend that to every 12 hours, and today he said he doesn't need it at all. Hopefully they both come out of it this week and don't have lingering effects.

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Mon. Jul. 25, 2022 9:50 am

This is good to hear,Rob!

Return to “The Coffee House”