you tube video

Den034071
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer, 3095

Post by Den034071 » Sat. Jul. 09, 2022 8:27 am

Guys see the vid ClosingOne OfLast Ant, Deep mines.Noteinitial work Means Driving The Slope Tunnel before mining coal .You will see Haul tunnels Driven Through Rock You drill blast hand load rock into one ton cart gondola and Push cart On 24 inch Rails To bottom of Slope which Hoists Coal Or Rock To surface .Spouts in Gangway are connected To Coal Vein .Loading is Dusty as hell Done It .Note Tight Area Ceiling semms Like less than & foot high .Better Not Be Claustrophobic .There is No Lighting Underground ex cept On Your Helmet .4 to 7 percent coal from this mine .Now Closed Due To Too Much Water Pumping .Owner has Moved To Another Site .Al Brown is owner ingreen shirt in Hoist house ,Enjoy jackAlso No Mechanical Tools down in mine Except Hand Jackhammers .Jack

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jul. 09, 2022 11:24 am

Jack, you forgot the link for the video. Is this It?

Den034071
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer, 3095

Post by Den034071 » Sat. Jul. 09, 2022 1:36 pm

Guys The Video title is Closing One Of The Last Ant. Coal Deep Mines .The Owner Had started a New Mine At Another Site .Great Video jack

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Jul. 09, 2022 5:33 pm

Good video. Second or third time I have seen it. I may have even posted the link on another area of the forum here. Thanks for the reminder, Jack.

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Sat. Jul. 09, 2022 11:26 pm

I'm not sure if that's the one that Jack posted about, but I had posted the Browns mine closing one from the Underground Miners group on You Tube last Jan. Maybe others did as well. Good to hear that he has something going elsewhere.

Post by hank2 - Underground miners group Closing One of the Last Anthracite Coal Deep Mines

The Underground Miners group has a whole lot more posted on facebook if you have a log in and search on their name. Lots of old shots of Anthracite operations and mines they have worked in or helped rehab. I believe they do some tours on advance tickets at times in the Northern field. I wish they would post some of their news on these forums. Long ago, one or more of the founders was a forum member here.

They've had many videos this year of working on rehabbing the Brooks drift mine which is supposedly in Nay Aug park, Scranton? They had a video posted there today of a work party in the mine today. Looked like a lot of shoring timbers. A gent, age 96, who is one of the last living big colliery deep miners from many old deep mines came down in the mine with them today. Worth checking out if you go on facebook.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Tue. Jul. 12, 2022 6:18 am

Thanx,Jack! And Thanx Guys For Backing Him Up By Providing Us With Da' Youtube Vid Link!!👍😎

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Wed. Jul. 13, 2022 2:03 am

Yep, Jack keeps the good stuff coming! I believe that Jack may know the man that owns the mine in that video. I believe he said that the gent is now working another location.

Return to “The Coffee House”