Freddy's Coffee House 2July2022 Hot House Coffee!!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jul. 02, 2022 5:14 am

Greetings,Salutations And Stomach Grumblings To You All..!! We've officially made it to July! I don't know about All Of You,but We've just completed 2 weeks of dry,straight up beautiful sunshine! Simply unreal for Northern Ohio. But I digress,as We've once again "kicked Da' Door in at Freddy's!! Our "Clandestine Kitchen Curmudgeons" are busy whipping up a little Cornbread Smasher this morning for Ya's! Yep,Bread and Muffins,some with Blueberry,Apple,Chopped Nuts and Maple Mix with glaze! Those Boys aint ' right!! Keep working Your Magic out there,Gang! As Our Founder,The "Fabulous Freddy" Has Always Said:"Don't Forget To Hug Your Loved Ones!" And,"Forward We Go!!" Take Good Care,Gang!!

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Jul. 02, 2022 6:33 am

Good morning HB et al,

Sounding good this morning! It's been a bit since I slipped in, work and all that, I stuck my head in last week to the forum to find coal prices all askew so spent my spare time hauling coal to avoid the July price increase, Who'da thunk it a year ago... Addition project's been takin' time but almost done with drywall and electric for now, then it's time to run the pipe for the boiler and all that. Enjoy the day all, a best Independence Day salutation to everyone! :yes:

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Jul. 02, 2022 6:58 am

Mornin'
Muffins and coffee, thank you, HB.........sounds good. We have a little rain movin' through today...............after that it's "HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!"......the Fourth of July week-end.........have a good one, and, stay healthy guys/gals.
Cheers

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Jul. 02, 2022 8:39 am

Its that time of year to blow stuff up! Keep it loud, keep it safe, and above all dont get caught! Count your fingers Tuesday morning....

I live in a cool area for fireworks. Out in the sticks and neighbors who let off fireworks that are as good or better than in towns in all directions as they put on town shows also. Monday looks like rain so hopefully on Sunday night.

Have fun everyone, as much as $5 gas will allow!

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Jul. 02, 2022 8:41 am

Morning All!

Cornbread Smasher and coffee sounds good HB!

I hope to finish up some wheel alignment today. Working in the garage this time of year is like working in a very humid Oven! It requires a lot of breaks to cool down.

Happy Birthday USA!
-Don

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jul. 02, 2022 8:42 am

Good morning people and thanks for the coffee and grub HB, definitely warm yesterday but was manageable with a nice Lake Erie breeze,
So far its been a great weekend of camping in Maumee at the state park, lots of things to do plus lots of biking trails.
Have a great weekend and have a happy 4 of July 🍻

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jul. 02, 2022 9:06 am

Thanx HB--a serious time for reflection & gratitude--who we are & why we are!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jul. 02, 2022 10:27 am

Good morning. We have a new horse in the barn - my grandmothers JD 318. Bought new in 1984, 1900 hrs on it. Ran good when I got it but quickly developed an intermittent misfire. Decided to check the points and found a loose screw on the condenser. Purrs like a kitten now. My youngest son likes mowing with it so it should help keep some hours off the zero turn.

Have a good weekend and enjoy the 4th.

Attachments

75C06755-D350-4379-ACE0-4DD857AA183B.jpeg
.JPEG | 1.3MB | 75C06755-D350-4379-ACE0-4DD857AA183B.jpeg
B74BE42F-0FB2-4ED2-8F5B-97C50D735F6B.jpeg
.JPEG | 1.5MB | B74BE42F-0FB2-4ED2-8F5B-97C50D735F6B.jpeg

Scott in nwct
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ 671SU w/Efm S-15 stoker
Coal Size/Type: Rice anthracite lehigh
Other Heating: Peerless oil boiler

Post by Scott in nwct » Sat. Jul. 02, 2022 8:31 pm

I’ve got a similar small John Deere that was my fathers and Have been mowing on it since I was a young boy. Prefer it to the zero turn. Much quieter. And I am not in a big hurry. Scott

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Sun. Jul. 03, 2022 6:20 am

Morning coal team! Off to a great start for the weekend. Have a good pickup load of fireworks ready to celebrate the country’s birthday. Also have a nice pork butt and 2 chuck roasts thawed out for todays smoke session. Chuck roast makes for a nice serving of poor man’s burnt ends…. Cold cold Hinekiens in the cooler !

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sun. Jul. 03, 2022 7:47 am

anthony7812 wrote:
Sun. Jul. 03, 2022 6:20 am
Morning coal team! Off to a great start for the weekend. Have a good pickup load of fireworks ready to celebrate the country’s birthday. Also have a nice pork butt and 2 chuck roasts thawed out for todays smoke session. Chuck roast makes for a nice serving of poor man’s burnt ends…. Cold cold Hinekiens in the cooler !
Out of curiosity, how much per pound was the butt? With prices up on everything I've have gone to pork loin on sale to stay around 1.99/#. Good and lean and tasty with a good rub, but it's not like a good smoked pork butt.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sun. Jul. 03, 2022 8:32 am

Scott in nwct wrote:
Sat. Jul. 02, 2022 8:31 pm
I’ve got a similar small John Deere that was my fathers and Have been mowing on it since I was a young boy. Prefer it to the zero turn. Much quieter. And I am not in a big hurry. Scott
What model is it?

No that you mention it, my zero turn IS quite a bit louder. The blade speed is much higher and the exhaust is louder also. I wear earplugs regardless, so it isn’t an issue for me.

anthony7812

Post by anthony7812 » Sun. Jul. 03, 2022 10:44 am

Waytomany,
I couldn't tell ya. It was on "sale" at Sam's club. Sale prices today were last months highs. I had half a cow done up back in April. Friend of mine out in susquehanna County raises beefers. So the roast was 3.40 a lb. As was the burger to filet mignon. Way better than store bought. Wish I knew a hog farmer.

anthony7812

Post by anthony7812 » Sun. Jul. 03, 2022 12:37 pm

It's 5 o'clock somewhere right haha

Attachments

20220703_123218.jpg
.JPG | 776.2KB | 20220703_123218.jpg

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sun. Jul. 03, 2022 1:02 pm

anthony7812 wrote:
Sun. Jul. 03, 2022 10:44 am
Waytomany,
I couldn't tell ya. It was on "sale" at Sam's club. Sale prices today were last months highs. I had half a cow done up back in April. Friend of mine out in susquehanna County raises beefers. So the roast was 3.40 a lb. As was the burger to filet mignon. Way better than store bought. Wish I knew a hog farmer.
I got 2 pigs in April. I don't see how any one can make money off raising them. Between buying and feeding them with no accounting for housing etc, I figure I'd have to charge 5.50 /# plus butcher to even cover cost.

Return to “The Coffee House”