Freddy's Coffee House Barn Burner Special 4June2022

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jun. 04, 2022 5:59 am

Well,Good Morning,Gang! Seems I've resurfaced from my large episode of "Camp Fog"!!🤪🤣 The resilience of Freddy's has been proven out by All who open it's doors every Saturday! For that,I'm beyond Grateful! Now,it's hard to choke down Great Coffee and Food when there's an 800 lb. Gorilla in the Coffee House. It's even worse when that Gorilla's sitting in your lap. That being said,let's cut right to it,shall We?
"Insane Price Increase on Coal." Yep,that covers it! Bottom Line to this guy is that We've got alot of "Coal Faithful" that fall out of the "Info Loop" as the Heating Season ends. It might be a Good Idea to give them a "Heads Up" so that they don't get Bushwhacked when they figure they can restock using Lower Summer Prices and Summer Sales. That's it,Long and Short! Oh,on Our "Food Side" here,We're serving "Center-Cut Baloney Sandwiches" to go with Da' Times! Stay Loose,Stay Sharp,Get More Done!! Much Love,My Coal Curmudgeons!!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jun. 04, 2022 6:34 am

Thanx HB--39* here on the hill--got the furnace goin for a bit. :( Got sidetracked with a phone call to my favorite orator!!! LOL Got barn chores & then some garage sales plus an Amish auction later--more junk I don't need!!! Enjoy people!! Still got my old wood stove in the back of the house (used to be the main heatin source in this 200 yr old farm house) I'd sure hate to put the old girl back in service--to fckn old for all that!!! LOL

Attachments

IMG_0001.JPG
.JPG | 51.4KB | IMG_0001.JPG
Last edited by freetown fred on Sat. Jun. 04, 2022 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jun. 04, 2022 6:46 am

57 degrees and sunny in the Champlain Valley. This morning I am getting a delivery of....wait for it....firewood. :roll:

I discovered a local guy that seasons firewood in an old 10,000 gallon fuel tank with the ends cut off. The sun cooks the wood all summer and the wind blows through it. He has some red oak that has been in the tank for 14 months. As long as I can continue to get coal for a reasonable price the firewood will mainly be used for campfires and some short burns in the Chubby stove, but if things really take a turn I may consider a woodstove for a portion of our heating load. I have a spot to stack the wood inside, so if needed it will be dry and ready.

Two baseball games to finish the day, and a brake job lined up for tomorrow morning. Have a good weekend everyone.

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Sat. Jun. 04, 2022 7:14 am

Morning fella coal enthusiasts. Heads up fellas, every day we are on this side of the dirt is a good day. Maybe some of the miners working will see some sort of benefit from higher coal prices. The industry has been depressed for decades. Just trying to find a positive. Anywho, big family vacation kicks off tomorrow. Lake arrowhead Maine for a week. Taking the scenic route , up 88 to Albany then boogey'n across Vermont and New Hampshire. Planning a day in Salem. Kids are pretty excited for that. Welp off to get the vehicle checks done.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Jun. 04, 2022 7:38 am

Mornin'
The coffee is good, thank you, HB. YUP!..I'm filling my woodshed with 'wood', after I clean out the other stuff!!!!! With this energy crisis, and, inflation, it would be a good idea to have a plan "B". I put the blame for this 'snafu' on the political class of 'jackasses' at both, Federal and State level.....come election time, VOTE these politicians out!!!!.........and, buy more ammo, just in case.............when the crap hits the fan!!!!!!!
Stay healthy, gang
Cheers

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Jun. 04, 2022 8:08 am

Cool and wet here today and tomorrow. Ive already cut up 2 cords of ash and have that split and in my trailers drying. Slow going stuff to cut but its free to cut. Unsure why I never bought a splitter that isnt an axe but its getting me in shape. Looks like I'll need a few more cords. Im sitting on 1/2 a ton of ant for my Jr on super cold days. Hoping to get a little more but oh well if I dont.

Had a graduation party last night. Its always fun to see long lost relatives. Today is just starting so who knows what awaits.

You might want to move the bike before lighting that up Fred :D

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Jun. 04, 2022 8:29 am

Morning all!

I put a call in to Reeces yesterday to find out what their coal price is. I haven't heard back from them yet. I'm hoping it's not too bad.

Real nice down here this weekend. Dry, Sunny and temps only going up to 78-80, about 60 at night. This afternoon, after the mowing is done, I'm headed out to a car show at the Harford County Airport in the V8-944. Should be fun!

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sun. Jun. 05, 2022 10:39 am

Good Sunday morning friends, Any leftover coffee HB?
Very busy around the house catching up on things i have been putting off! This weekend is no exception with more yard work, house work, and finally getting around to cleaning out the Glenwood from last winter 😮.
Camping has slowed a bit as we are into graduation season but next Wednesday is the start of s 5 day camping trip😎 then home for the week getting ready for the party.
Have a great weekend and “forward we go”.

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Tue. Jun. 07, 2022 6:49 pm

Good evening fellows everyone seems to be doing well. Summer projects and events in full swing. Lots of chatter on other threads here about coal prices, all I got is stock up what you can get and afford it’s a real crock of 💩 what’s going on! Have a smooth week guys!

Return to “The Coffee House”