Freddy's Coffee House 7May2022 Monsoon Edition!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. May. 07, 2022 6:41 am

Good Morning Gang! This Being Lazy And Sleeping In Deal Is Getting To Be Habit Forming! Anywhoo,Come On In And Help "Man Da' Pumps"!! Depending where You are,over 2" of rain has fallen,with more to follow! We've managed to keep "The Soggy" out of Freddy's on this "Derby Day"! We've got it all in here,including Our "Mr. Ed Special" consisting of link maple sausage rolled in Our Buckwheat Buttermilk Pancakes. Couple that with this years' edition of Real Maple Syrup for dipping,and "Your Off To Da' Races"!! Make Your Way today,and don't forget to "Hug Your Loved Ones" as Freddy so aptly taught Us!!

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. May. 07, 2022 7:12 am

Top of the morning everyone, HB thanks for tasty breakfast! Real soaker here the past two days. Tinker in the shop kinda day I suppose. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. May. 07, 2022 7:19 am

Good morning. It is a perfect morning here, calm and sunny. I am going to help dad split some campfire wood today. Just enough to remind us why we switched to coal over a decade ago.

Lawn is starting to grow, but still not ready for the first mowing.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. May. 07, 2022 7:26 am

No rain here! We are slowly coming out of Mud Season.... moving into Black Fly season.

Thanks for the sausage pancakes....a great way to start the day.

Thanks to every Mom out there!

Hope you all stay dry & have a smooth weekend.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. May. 07, 2022 7:33 am

Mornin'
Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms here!!......and with that, HB, good breakfast, thank you. We started the mowin' the grass season this past week........Spring has sprung!!!!!! Looks like a breezy, cool week-end here.......throwin' wood at the Yukon to keep the dampness out..........old bones like heat........have a great week-end guys/gals!
Cheers

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. May. 07, 2022 7:47 am

Good morning people! Thanks HB the pancakes are delicious 🙃 Today is looking much better than yesterday here in Holland Mi, came up for a extended weekend for the start of the tulip festival which runs through next weekend.
Lots of things to see and do but as always only so much time😞, No camping for the next three weekends as its the start of the graduation months for our friends so we only have a handful of trips planned which is going to make this summer fly by!
Have a great weekend friends 😎

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. May. 07, 2022 8:19 am

Great b-fast call HB--kinda sunny here on the hill--hopin to get back at some outdoor chores--already mowed twice!! Enjoy people. :)

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. May. 07, 2022 8:42 am

No mowing here yet but we jumped from winter to summer and skipped spring. Might even hit 80 this coming week. Ive been slowly cutting up a stand of green ash, no fun at all. Im guessing theres 10-12 cords of wood there but with all the brush on every tree its not much fun. Seems like almost all of it needs splitting. Wish it was oak but its there, its dead, and its "free". I miss coal already, lol

Next Saturday northern season opens so Im looking forward to that in the iron pits here. Until then its sausage and pancakes... Have a good one everyone.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. May. 07, 2022 8:55 am

Morning All!

Pretty soggy down here. Rain and wind all day yesterday, today and tomorrow morning. No mowing this weekend! I've mowed around the house twice so far, the hill needs it real bad but I haven't got to it yet.

I'll probably just stay in the garage and work on the 944+V8 project today. I worked on it a good bit last night. I should be able to finish the front half by tonight and be able to fire the engine.

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

Return to “The Coffee House”