Last coffee of April 2022.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Apr. 30, 2022 5:41 am

Good morning friends, come on in and sit a spell as we always have good conversation here at Freddy’s.
Griddle is hot and ready for your order.
I’m finally back to normal after battling something that definitely kicked my ass for 14 hrs on Friday, i was a prisoner in the bathroom for almost 6 hrs expelling from both ends, felt better yesterday evening and after a good night sleep I'm just about 100% just a little weak still. Camping this weekend at Alum creek SP with a lot of friends ( we have the whole loop but 2 sites) now its time to make up for missing a gorgeous Friday.
Have a great weekend friends, stay safe during these crazy times😞, and like Freddy always said” forward we go”

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Apr. 30, 2022 7:09 am

Mornin'
Good lookin' campfire you have to take the chill off Keepa..........and a good cup of coffee, thank you. Yup, April is gone, May flowers in bloom.....we have daffodils, tulips.....and the lilacs in a couple weeks. Enjoy the week-end guys/gals.
Cheers

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Apr. 30, 2022 7:30 am

Thanx K---we got sunshine for the 2nd day!!! :) Lotsa outside stuff to tackle, pastures just about ready stalls, fencing, etc. Got 3 Belgium filly's comin soon as pastures green up more. 29* here on the hill with not much wind FIINALLY!!! Enjoy people. :)

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Apr. 30, 2022 8:04 am

Morning all!

This week I had to turn the radiant floor loop back on and bump the thermostats up a little. Mornings were like late Winter rather than Mid-Spring! That's a good thing though, the Axeman enjoyed the extra work. :yes:

Even with that chill, stuff is growing like crazy down here. Time to do some work on the mowing equipment.

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Apr. 30, 2022 8:11 am

Wind and rain here... seems to be the new normal. OK I'll say it, it was a rotten cold windy crappy April. Goodbye April, I wont miss you!

So I'll see what trouble I can find indoors to get into today. Keep, sounds like a case of hotdog flu to me. Glad it left quickly.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Apr. 30, 2022 9:13 am

Good Mornin',Coal Critters!! Barry,Thanx For Kickin' Da' Door In At Freddy's!! If I've been nothing,then my minimum label has been "Lazy"!! Time for a change! Spring has been a wee bit "Daft" in the N.E.Ohio! About the only qualified observation I have is that we're so behind,we've avoided the dreaded April "Killer Frosts & Freezes" that can plague Us! Speakin' of Plagues,as nothing in Da' Fruit Tree World has issued blossoms! Yep,it seems the "Cleveland Crud"(Upper Respiratory Barf) and the "Heave Ho We Go"(Keepa-Barry- Described Dat' One!" has been circulating! I've been fortunate not to be visited by either of these Insidious Crud Monsters! Away and Ahead,please do what You can to make it "Your Way Today!! Like Our Founding "Mainah-Freddy" taught Us- "Don't Forget To Hug Your Loved Ones!" Coupled with what Barry already reminded Us with:"Forward We Go!" As always,Warmest Regards,Hot Messes and a rather Healthy "Take Care,Gang!"

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Apr. 30, 2022 9:41 am

Good morning. The boys are at a hockey tournament with their mom down in Jersey, and I am home with the dog doing homework and odd jobs. Maybe I will get the old Honda 300 out for a ride.

I shut the EFM down yesterday so I can vacuum it out and get a wiring project completed. The heat pump is keeping the house warm, but the floors are sure cold.

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sun. May. 01, 2022 6:52 am

Good deal Keep, glad your feeling better. Thanks for the opening. Pouring rain here at the moment. I’m not doing much of anything today. I need a break been, cleaning up and mulching all the flower beds. Getting the yard in shape, next up garden time. Off and on rain all week oh well. Carry on fellows and have a great week!

Jkohanski
Stoker Coal Boiler: ahs s260
Coal Size/Type: pea
Other Heating: fuel oil

Post by Jkohanski » Sun. May. 01, 2022 8:00 am

Good morning all, first sunny sunday here in a long while. Finally going to go fishing today after grass is cut, and ashes taken out.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sun. May. 01, 2022 8:50 am

Deere 997 test out day. Endless chores. My vet has long covid so I will try out sheath cleaning myself it is needed.... dont ask. Raging toothache, right knee pain is getting much worse. Just about over food poisoning that leveled me for a week and I ended up in ER. The attending (Indian) doc and I got talking. he said I was taking on way too much. I said if I could take the nurse home that gave me the ECG it would help. He said get in line and you are not the strongest candidate right now.... and these are the golden years? I haven't had this much fun since I got my foot caught in the washing machine

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sun. May. 01, 2022 9:53 am

coalnewbie wrote:
Sun. May. 01, 2022 8:50 am
I said if I could take the nurse home that gave me the ECG it would help. He said get in line and you are not the strongest candidate right now....
:lol: :lol:

You Old Dawg!

-Don

Return to “The Coffee House”