COFFEE 3-26-2022

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Mar. 26, 2022 7:09 am

Mornin'
The coffee pot is ON at Freddy's.......stop in for a cup to warm up.......Winter is trying to make a comeback in the Northeast with colder temps/snow!!!!!!! Maaayyyyybeeee this will be the last "burp" of Winter........take care and stay healthy.
Cheers

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Mar. 26, 2022 8:25 am

Thanks D I’ll get the eggs and bacon on. The coffee out of the old sock is mighty tasty this morning. Cold here again with a dusting of snow. Fired the Hitzer back up last night after about a three week spring break. Warm up mid week again. Putsy around the house kinda weekend and run some errands later on. Hope everyone has a smooth weekend. By the way, HB rumor has it you now have received your own language type 😂😂😂😂

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Mar. 26, 2022 8:46 am

Big D,Thanx For Kickin' Da' Door In,Here At Freddy's Coffehouse! Seems My Slackard Buttox Is Fighting Off Some Goofy 24 Hr. Intestinal Trainwreck That's Been Sweeping The Northern Ohio Tier,So I Slept In! Sure,I'm Lucky As The Only Symptoms So Far Is That Creepy "I'm Fighting Something" Feeling,And Being Sore In Da' Back And Legs! Anywhoo,Enough Of That Malaise!
We've got a General Snow goin',to be followed by atleast 6 to 12 inches of "Ohio White"(Uh,that's Lake Defect,or Lake Effect Snow) to enjoy! Yay! Oh Gawd.... I'll fight this disturbing Springtime Trend by sitting down to some "Jack Julo Therapy" today!! What's that you might risk asking? Simple-I'm going to get deeply in touch with my inner Slovak/Polock and construct a Monster Pot of Stuffed Cabbages!! On the heels of that revelation,here's Hoping All Of You within the sound of my keyboard are Well... Keep It That Way! Hug Your Loved Ones,As The Fabulous "Freddy" Has Taught Us,And While Your At It,Be Good And Decent To Yourself!! You're The Only One Of You That We've Got!!

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Mar. 26, 2022 8:50 am

Morning All!

Coffee and eggs hit the spot today , thanks guys!

Not much going on here today. The truck is still at the shop getting Fixed/inspected. He got a late start on it yesterday so it turned into a 2 day event. Should be done this morning. Still waiting on one more filter for the Onan 6.0KW diesel gen set.

Have a good weekend all!
-Don

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Mar. 26, 2022 8:55 am

Hambden Bob wrote:
Sat. Mar. 26, 2022 8:46 am
Fighting Off Some Goofy 24 Hr. Intestinal Trainwreck That's Been Sweeping The Northern Ohio Tier,
Hambden Bob wrote:
I'm going to get deeply in touch with my inner Slovak/Polock and construct a Monster Pot of Stuffed Cabbages!!
HB, those two things together should equal some serious "Spring Cleaning"! :lol:

jedneck
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DSM Antramax
Baseburners & Antiques: Florin 20-12, red cross oak double heater, 3 columbians a epoch, emblem and palace
Coal Size/Type: nut or stove
Other Heating: Southbend Banner range

Post by jedneck » Sat. Mar. 26, 2022 8:57 am

Wednesday will be a month copenhagen free.🕺🕺🕺

Wasn’t gonna light shop stove but got the blahs n hackin crap outta chest. Heat feels good.
Normal Saturday tend shop then home to take it eazy. May hide in basement n work on bicycle. I’m lookin at maybe doing a half ironman race next year. The silly sadistic stuff we do to our bodies

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Mar. 26, 2022 9:07 am

Cold and windy here, too cold to step out the door. House dropped to 71 degree's overnight so I had to turn the stove up a bit and scrape the frost off of everything in the house... It looks like a TV day here.

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sat. Mar. 26, 2022 10:37 am

Morning! Perc'ed coffee, fresh eggs, toast,jam, and bacon from our pig. Chickens are giving us around a dozen eggs a day. Now that we have more daylight and things have warmed up a bit. Got a hand me down Treager pellet grill. I went through it, gave it a cleaning and got it working again, we're gonna throw some Baby Backs on it today. KA-6 is on hold until the gent's yard is less muddy. He is rightfully concerned we'll leave ruts in his backyard or might get stuck. I'm not in a rush. I sure will be glad to have it next winter. Have a Good Day!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Mar. 26, 2022 1:37 pm

Thanx D--well, recycles done--made last property tax payment--just chompin at the bit to get outside & get to work--talkin snow tonight & tomorrow AM--enjoy people. :)

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Mar. 26, 2022 3:10 pm

I am checking in late from Massena NY. Just finished hockey with the boys and stopped for an early dinner.

Auto update for the week: Yesterday I had 4 Goodyear Eagle tires put on the Expedition, man do they ride nice!

Attachments

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. Mar. 27, 2022 6:02 am

Hi dee hey! Seems I'm a day behind again..... Life goes faster & faster.... slow things down!

Last week I had another outfire. I did re-calibrate my anthrastat. Hopefully that will make a difference. I won't know until next year. I took this as an omen & have gone back to heat pumps & a bit of oil. Coal is getting precious around here. I'm thinking between this & that I have cut my coal consumption by 50%. Time will tell.

Snow....rain... some days up to a bit over 50. It's mud season!

Love you all.... keep smiling & forward we go.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sun. Mar. 27, 2022 7:24 am

Mornin'
Same here Freddy, a few gallons of oil and wood in the Yukon, but right now, we have more coal than wood, so, we will light the Herald this afternoon for another 2 or 3 day run with the forecast temp drop. I think it's time to fill my woodshed for next year!!!.........lotta uncertainty out there.......like you say, "time will tell." Have a good week guys/gals.
Cheers

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sun. Mar. 27, 2022 7:39 am

Freddy wrote:
Sun. Mar. 27, 2022 6:02 am
I took this as an omen & have gone back to heat pumps & a bit of oil. Coal is getting precious around here. I'm thinking between this & that I have cut my coal consumption by 50%. Time will tell.
I bet the price you got on coal in November is looking pretty good now. I have a load coming on Tuesday and the trucking is 50% more than it was in October.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sun. Mar. 27, 2022 9:17 am

Good very snowy morning friends and hopefully D left the door opened for us late comers :D .
Been a very busy weekend with every vehicle I own, Since Friday I have wrenched on 3 daily drivers the 5th wheel and i'm still not done, Highlander needs a rear wheel bearing I have no record of it ever being changed so If Its the OEM one than It did good with 270K on It.
Hambden Bob wrote:
I'll fight this disturbing Springtime Trend by sitting down to some "Jack Julo Therapy" today!! What's that you might risk asking? Simple-I'm going to get deeply in touch with my inner Slovak/Polock and construct a Monster Pot of Stuffed Cabbages!!
Yummy HB, one of my favorite homemade things to eat! :yes:
Ok people have a wonderful week to come.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Sun. Mar. 27, 2022 9:28 am

Morning all.
We are under snow warning until Monday 6pm. we have about 1-2" so far, lake effect bands on and off scheduled. I think only 3-5" expected in our area, more in other parts.
then teens over night and up to high 60's by Thursday. go figure. stoves just humming along. haven't shutdown yet.

Return to “The Coffee House”