Media purposefully gets it wrong again: Ohio Senate spat between Gibbons and Mandel

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Tue. Mar. 22, 2022 11:32 am

For those interested in the truth and hearing it for themselves...Mr. Gibbons never told Mandel he hadn't worked...he told Mandel he hadn't been in the private sector...and Gibbons is correct. He never told Mandel he hadn't worked. Listen very carefully for yourself...

Beware of several videos where the video and sound are off.
I watched this live and this video represents it exactly as it took place.

If you listen closely you will realize that NOT a single time did Gibbons ever say that Mandel had not worked. Not once did Gibbons say that. Gibbons only said Mandel hadn't been in the private sector...and Gibbons is correct.

FYI...I haven't made up my mind yet who I will vote for. One thing is for sure though...the Marine lost his composure and it didn't help him to look better. Locally and in the past here, Mandel hasn't garnered much favor in past elections...though I'm not sure why because I haven't kept up with it.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t

Post by Hoytman » Tue. Mar. 22, 2022 11:59 am

For some context to back up what Gibbons was saying...that Mandel hadn't been in the private sector (again...he was correct)...

here's the proof...

Notice the time stamp the video was posted. Yep...10 years ago running for office then.

Here's another...

Thanks for your service, Josh!

No one doubts your work ethic, or service to our nation, but Gibbons is right...you have little to zero experience in the private sector...which is all Gibbons was saying to you. Don't get butt hurt because you're losing in the polls and the race for state senate. Learn from it and move on. Washington doesn't need anymore lifetime politicians...even if they are service veterans.

Get some real world private sector experience for awhile and you'll put yourself in a much better position for your ambitions later on.

Hoytman

Post by Hoytman » Tue. Mar. 22, 2022 12:28 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mandel-gibbons-m ... n-veterans

Mr. Flynn needs to clean out his ears and listen to the real video. Gibbons never said Mandel had never worked...he said he hadn't been in the private sector...meaning he hadn't spent enough time working in the private sector...which is correct. It's just a fact. That doesn't mean Mandel is bad or isn't a hard worker.

Gibbons, whose son is in the service, never said anything out of the way about veterans. In fact, Vance, another Veteran, as his own comments about Mandel's "attitude", which doesn't help him at all. Here's what Vance had to say about it afterwards...
https://time.com/6159303/ohio-gop-senate-debate/

Folks...I'm sorry...words mean things...just ask any attorney...and I hate it when someone takes words out of context.

Hoytman

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Mar. 26, 2022 10:49 am

To keep those interested up to speed ...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ohio-republican- ... -mandel-ad

Doesn’t really matter to me who gets the senate seat. Any of them would likely be the same disappointment as Portman was anyway.

Return to “The Coffee House”