Anybody have a RV they want to rent this early Spring/Summer?

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Wed. Dec. 29, 2021 5:28 pm

Fees?? I only remember paying insurance and it was reasonable...
https://rvshare.com/

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Dec. 29, 2021 9:58 pm

McGiever wrote:
Wed. Dec. 29, 2021 5:28 pm
Fees?? I only remember paying insurance and it was reasonable...
https://rvshare.com/
That was the one site I was on. The site fees were 6 or 7 hundred including the insurance and their fees etc. I'd imagine this goes up or down based on the days.

$200 dollars a day for a 2011 for what I would consider a smaller/mid sized RV. They give you 100 miles per day and 35 cents per mile overage. 4 hours per day on the generator which is probably plenty. $2800 for base rental for 14 days, $600 in overage fees for the mileage to get to Mt/ Rushmore and back.

With everything you are about 4K into it and and I'm not so sure I have confidence in a 2011 RV. That's out of our price range, be cheaper and more convenient getting rooms each night. If I can get a reasonable cost below $3k it's something to consider.

For that kind of expense might as well go all out and get some plane tickets to Alaska, rent a car and drive around for week.... That is not out of the question. :D Checking the local airport tickets start around $400 with 2.5 hour drive to Philly.

Setting aside cost it's still up in the air if an RV is the right way to go. You get a lot with the RV but lose flexibility, we aren't going to one place and staying there for long. We want to try and hit a few sites in between.

Return to “The Coffee House”