Freddy's Stormy Coffeehouse 11Dec2021

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 6:20 am

Yo-Ho Gang! Hang On To Your Hats!!
We'll keep it simple as We're experiencing a wee-bit of Storms,High Winds and then,the dreaded "Ohio White"!! Sounds like a Great Time to be warm,dry and safe here at Freddy's!

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 6:27 am

Ya, under a tornado watch down here, don't expect any white stuff....busy day, go to work, go to a ballet(granddaughter) and go look at a boat trailer....hunker down and stay safe up in the snow regions!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 6:32 am

Good morning. Today I am on a mission to get my new dining room set. In March we asked an Amish woodworker to make us a 9' oak table and 8 chairs. I had almost forgotten about it until I got a letter earlier this week saying it would be ready for pickup on 12/11. Everyone I know with an enclosed trailer is using it for something, so I ended up renting a 12' enclosed trailer from Uhaul. Hopefully my Ram truck can pull it. ;)

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 6:54 am

Mornin all, yep--pourin here on the hill--so much for anything outside today!! :( Thanx HB--enjoy people. :) Pix Rob, we need pix!!! LOL
Last edited by freetown fred on Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 7:09 am

Mornin'
We got us a couple of hours of freezing rain here........then rain. Good day to slide into Freddys Coffee House!!!!!! Thank you, HB. I had to let the Herald burn out.....way to warm.....back to throwing wood at the Yukon.......looks like after Christmas for 'black rocks' here. Stay safe, warm, and healthy, everyone.
Cheers

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 7:12 am

Well, as far as I know we didn’t get the wind they expected, but then again I slept real well and I’m also sort of protected down in among these three hills.

Probably having some green eggs and Hasslebach smoked ham this morning. Think I’ll even make a pot of East Tennessee Old Mill yellow corn grits. We like ‘em ground coarse...about one step away from cattle fodder. LOL! Throw in a little cream cheese, chicken broth, butter, and some cheddar cheese. They’ll be plenty if anyone wants to stop by. Coffee’s on too.

Other than that gotta get ready for momma’s new washer and dryer. Gotta keep her happy. Keeps ‘em from squawking too much. LOL!

Yep, FFred, gonna be a soggy one.

Prayers for all the folks impacted by those tornadoes. Heard that one in KY was on the ground for 200 miles. That one was a hum dinger for sure.

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 7:26 am

Morning all, thanks HB for opening up think I’ll swing by Hoyt’s and get some grits first yum! Storms are supposed to hit us later. Be safe everyone! Love too see pics of the table and chairs Rob bet there beautiful

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 7:41 am

Good morning fellows. Good day to rest a bit I suppose. Crazy weather for sure, 62 here now. Can’t wait for some more mud! Nice breakfast Hoyt I’ll throw some bacon on always need extra here at Freddys not mentioning any names lol. Stay safe, dry, warm and don’t get blown away from the winds!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 8:07 am

Good morning people, so how’s HB’s coffee this fine ( for now ) morning? We are camping at Maumee state park with 7 other couples plus a couple in a tent that are not with us ( now thats camping dedication ⛺️).
It was cold and rainy yesterday but it’s very nice at the moment 57° and breezy but the wind is coming, so far my daughter is keeping the Glenwood running without any problems👍 So at least I won’t have to restart it when I get home.
Ok friends have a good day and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 8:24 am

Good morning Coal Burners! Good coffee should help. We are looking at a quarter inch of freezing rain this morning.....followed by over 50 degrees this afternoon. Crazy weather!

Stay safe.... Hug your loved ones.... Forward!

Holdencoal

Post by Holdencoal » Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 9:11 am

Rob R. wrote:
Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 6:32 am
Good morning. Today I am on a mission to get my new dining room set. In March we asked an Amish woodworker to make us a 9' oak table and 8 chairs. I had almost forgotten about it until I got a letter earlier this week saying it would be ready for pickup on 12/11. Everyone I know with an enclosed trailer is using it for something, so I ended up renting a 12' enclosed trailer from Uhaul. Hopefully my Ram truck can pull it. ;)
Are we going to be left in the dark to dream about this craftsmanship?

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 9:15 am

Snow and wind here all night. Unsure how much snow I got as it doesnt sit in one spot long enough to measure. They were saying 4-8" yesterday. Oh well. Might have to blow the driveway. But that beats tornadoes! I see bacon.....

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 9:35 am

Moring All!

No danger of any White stuff down here. We will easily break the record high of 63 for today. It's already 53, rainy and breezy. Heading out to go see my Sister, Niece and Nephews later today. Should be interesting travel with 50 MPH gusts this afternoon. :o

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 12:15 pm

gday all thanks for the coffee H B ... cloudy and not much rain here yet looks like most of it is staying west of the mountains iam in the middle of the mounts. 49* here now...living alone here this weekend wife went east to lancaster co. to deliver christmas gifts to rest of the family...pease and quiet lol...getting ready for the army/navy game...pray for all in the tornado area what a tragedy ...well thats all folks see ya B. bob...

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 12:29 pm

Holdencoal wrote:
Sat. Dec. 11, 2021 9:11 am
Are we going to be left in the dark to dream about this craftsmanship?
No, I will post some pictures when I get home. We just stopped for lunch, headed to pickup the table now.

Return to “The Coffee House”