Freddy's Coffee House 4Dec2021

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 5:56 am

Why Yes,Yes We're Open! Come On In And Grab A Cup! Anyone can make Coffee,but it takes Coal Country Critters to make a Good One to start December off right! We've got Deer Camp Tales,along with all the Stomach Stuffin' Delights You've come to Crave! Depending where You're at,"The Burn" is on! Our N.E. Ohio weather's floppin' like a fish,so things are a might bit variable! Make Yourself at Home,bring Us Your stories,and put a smile on Our Saturday! Take Care,Gang!!
Last edited by Hambden Bob on Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 6:00 am

BOB! Brrrr... 12 degrees... Hot coffee is just the thing. Ahhhhhh, good stuff.

Hope you all have a smooth weekend. Hug your loved ones & forward we go!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 6:04 am

When that "Mainah" is afoot this early in "Da' Pour",it's gonna be a Grand Session!! Yo-Ho Freddy!!

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 7:07 am

Morning All, thanks HB good coffee as always. The deer camp stories are all the deer have left Somerset county. Oh well just good to be out. Have a great weekend all be safe.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 7:14 am

Mornin'
Thanks for the hot coffee, HB......Yup, it's cold...18* here, at least the wind quit blowin'. Temps are up and down like a yo-yo!!!!The same for the 'window-stats'.......trying to maintain 70* with the Herald in creeper gear!!!!
Have a great week-end guys/gals....stay healthy
Cheers

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 7:33 am

Good morning guys. The coffee is always good. Something wrong here… no wind, guess it leaf clean up again. Yo yo temps for sure. Pick up truck load of Christmas totes brought in from the shop to the house the other day so I’m sure I’ll get roped into helping with those, Ho ho ho. Stay safe friends!

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 7:52 am

Good morning All,
Thanks for firing up the stove HB. I survived the dreaded wuhan kung flu over a month ago and it messed up parts of my taste and smell. Most foods taste normal but coffee was one I couldn't even register the smell of fresh ground beans... quite the disappointment. This morning was the first I could smell some dark roast so I had a cup, meh still kinda bland but I hope it's a sign things are coming back.
Full day planned on the addition (wiring, insulation, doors) so I'm making progress there. 39* here and supposed to get up to the 50's so a good day to be out working. :yes: Keep at it...

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 8:18 am

Morning all!

Glad you survived the Wuhan Kung Flu there Bunk! Not being able to smell or taste coffee is a Horrible side effect. :o I hope you get it back soon.

Not much going on here. It is a big race weekend though. The second to the last Formula 1 race of the season and the Biggest Race in Australia, the Bathurst 1000. I'll probably only get to see highlights of Bathurst since no one broadcasts it in the US. :cry:

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 8:57 am

morning all, tks hb coffee is great no wind day yea.gettin ready to do something with the window stats this old hitzer is cookin.got new siding on the house with stero foam backing wow...not many deer shot around here nobody out pushing them, hell not many hunters out..well all have a good warm week ..see ya.. B.B.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 9:21 am

Bout time ya got your retired old ass up to kick in Freddy's door HB LOL Mornin all--YEP, real strange weather. We go from snow to mud!! :( Oh well, it is what it is. Enjoy the week people. :)

Twisted shackle
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Keystoker deep box

Post by Twisted shackle » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 9:33 am

Morning all, thanks for the coffee. I just got back from the processors and now the freezers are filled with venison. The rest of day will be devoted to getting odds and ends done. https://photos.app.goo.gl/dumXzEANV8gzJQYG6

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 10:52 am

Twisted shackle wrote:
Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 9:33 am
Morning all, thanks for the coffee. I just got back from the processors and now the freezers are filled with venison. The rest of day will be devoted to getting odds and ends done. https://photos.app.goo.gl/dumXzEANV8gzJQYG6
What gun is that Twisted? The deer look like a great eating size.

HB, whats that I see at the end of the breakfast table? Oh my, its pepperoni pizza, a breakfast staple! I'll take 2 slices with a pound of bacon on top of them! Yummy! Now Im ready for the day!

Its hovering around freezing temp here and damp so feels colder. Just the wrong temp for doing much outside. So it will be indoor bench work whatever I decide to dig into. Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Twisted shackle
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Keystoker deep box

Post by Twisted shackle » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 11:34 am

warminmn wrote:
Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 10:52 am
What gun is that Twisted? The deer look like a great eating size.

HB, whats that I see at the end of the breakfast table? Oh my, its pepperoni pizza, a breakfast staple! I'll take 2 slices with a pound of bacon on top of them! Yummy! Now Im ready for the day!

Its hovering around freezing temp here and damp so feels colder. Just the wrong temp for doing much outside. So it will be indoor bench work whatever I decide to dig into. Enjoy the weekend everyone!
6 1/2 inch 629 S&W

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 12:49 pm

Twisted shackle wrote:
Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 11:34 am
6 1/2 inch 629 S&W
Nice choice. Love me some gun powder, venison and yellow dogs.

A bit late for breakfast this morning. Gonna skip it, but thanks for the coffee. Gotta get the chicken coop wire covered with plastic today to keep the rain from the roof from splashing in and forming ice. Hope the girls appreciate by laying a few more eggs for us all to enjoy for breakfast. Not sure that all are laying yet. Only getting 4 a day. Should be getting 12-14 a day, any day now as they come of laying age.

Have some Americana’s Buff, Red, and Lavender Orpingtons. Pretty girls. Nice and fluffy feathers.

Carey in gang. Maybe tomorrow I’ll sit down with ya’ fer a spell.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Dec. 04, 2021 1:01 pm

Thanks HB I'll have a beer and forgo the coffee this afternoon , Did oil changes on the cars and just got back from cutting a Christmas tree.
I did get the tank heaters and heat tape on a sewer pipe on the camper yesterday so now I just need to do some cold weather camping to try them out :D, need to fill the propane tanks and get the firewood loaded for next weekends camping trip to Maumee state park although its going to be in the 40's which is fine with me.
Ok people have a great weekend. 8-)

Return to “The Coffee House”