COFFEE at FREDDYS-27 NOV 2021

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 6:41 am

Mornin'
I have the coffee perkin'.......it's leftovers today folks and they are tasty......stay warm, healthy, and enjoy the snow.
Cheers

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 7:23 am

Quick cup to go. First day of deer slayin (rifle) in Pennsylvania. Not much of a hunter anymore but grandpop enjoys riding around to neighboring hunting camps to see the harvest. Hopefully this herd gets a good trimming this year. 10 years ago you only seen maybe a dozen or so deer in neighboring fields. It’s nothing to see 100+ on a 5 mile trip around here.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 7:34 am

Thanx D--mornin all--good on you A for haulin the Grandpa around today!! :) Couple inches of new white stuff. Not much goin on today & that's OK--I'm still stuffed from T-day!! LOL Enjoy people.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 7:37 am

Good coffee, thanks!

First snow of the year. A solid 3" of heavy wet stuff.

Enjoy the weekend!

Attachments

20211127_073553[1].jpg
.JPG | 542KB | 20211127_073553[1].jpg

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 7:59 am

Morning All!

Thanks for the Post Turkey Day Coffee! I needed it, yesterday I wasn't good for noth'in. Today we have one of our esteemed forum members coming over to pick up the BairMatic / Van Wert. We'll probably haul at least one of the leaking water heaters out of the basement while we're at it. Then I'm off to the Axeman Heats Wood Boiler project to do the last bit of zone wiring.

Have a good weekend all!
-Don

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 8:04 am

StokerDon wrote:
Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 7:59 am
Morning All!

Thanks for the Post Turkey Day Coffee! I needed it, yesterday I wasn't good for noth'in. Today we have one of our esteemed forum members coming over to pick up the BairMatic / Van Wert. We'll probably haul at least one of the leaking water heaters out of the basement while we're at it. Then I'm off to the Axeman Heats Wood Boiler project to do the last bit of zone wiring.

Have a good weekend all!
-Don
LOL. Good plan!

We got a few inches of snow here also, and some 20 mph winds to make it interesting. Supposed to be cold and windy tonight.

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 8:39 am

morn all.. cold here so glad i have the 354 going..gotta go tend it soon...coffee hit the spot thanks see ya...

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 9:38 am

I've been a Flitterin' & a Ditterin' after Sleepi'n in!! Good Mornin',Coalers! Seems I've jammed myself up with a Retirement Party for a Pal at noon,followed by a Saturday Thanksgiving Get Together at 5! What a Dummy! I'm liking the Winter Hermit Life! This seems to be pushing me out of it! We've got more snow coming in,so I just might make the first event under it!! Take Care,Gang,and Thanx for Da' Cup O' Joe!!

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 11:39 am

morning all! Not a thing going on again today and thats how I like it!

Whats that white stuff I see in pics? I havent seen any since last year and I like that too...

jedneck
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DSM Antramax
Baseburners & Antiques: Florin 20-12, red cross oak double heater, 3 columbians a epoch, emblem and palace
Coal Size/Type: nut or stove
Other Heating: Southbend Banner range

Post by jedneck » Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 2:24 pm

Opening day of rifle season here. Tending shop. On 2nd pot of cawfee n got pot of ham bean soup for when belly gets empty

Attachments

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 8:55 pm

StokerDon wrote:
Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 7:59 am
Morning All!

Have a good weekend all!
-Don
Thats a nice boiler they got! Solid unit, and a YouTube star to boot! One of these days I'll be off my keester and ready to move quick on one.

ASea
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120

Post by ASea » Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 8:58 pm

Brought the Percolator in from the camper and made some real good ole fashioned american coffee! Waiting on a coal delivery next week. Attended Mass this morning and met to discuss setting up a new Scouting Group. Should be fun! Did some Christmas Shopping with the wife and had a nice dinner and a couple cocktails. Opening day of Massachusetts Shotgun Season on Monday. Headed out with my son. Here's hoping I get a nice Buck.

ASea

Post by ASea » Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 9:03 pm

jedneck wrote:
Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 2:24 pm
Opening day of rifle season here. Tending shop. On 2nd pot of cawfee n got pot of ham bean soup for when belly gets empty
Good Hunting! Good Luck! I hear the Deer are thick as fleas in PA. I bet those hunters will be mighty grateful for that soup at the end of the day. That's a good hearty meal. My Wife makes a Stew,Chowder or Soup when we go out. I remember one time she couldn't believe my Dad and I put down the better part of a giant crockpot of stew after a super cold day chasing deer in the New England woods.

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 10:17 pm

Well, I was late out of the gate this morning, (visiting granddaughters have that effect). Been needing to revamp the trac-vac hood for the mower I got last spring and talked the boys into finish welding it up for me. Meanwhile I trekked south to visit a most highly esteemed coalpail site moderator :) for a bit to see a most famous Axeman in action! Got a chance to shoot the bull for a while, discuss heat exchangers and brands of coal etc. By the time I left my trailer had gained some after Thanksgiving weight :what: but we managed to roll home alright.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend all.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Nov. 28, 2021 7:57 am

Life on the hill this 28th day of November 2021!! :)

Attachments

001.JPG
.JPG | 27.9KB | 001.JPG
002.JPG
.JPG | 43.4KB | 002.JPG

Return to “The Coffee House”